OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ate at Southern Tier on the North Shore yesterday. Had a burger with Bier Cheese inside of it, with garlic aioli and peppered bacon on top. It was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Tried their oatmeal porter. Very drinkable. They have nothing on nitro though. -_-

TimbitsHockey877*

Mar 21, 2016
What's your favorite Brew Gentlemen beer?

You can't go wrong with anything from them but their General Braddock IPA was rated #2 out of a blind taste test with like 247 of the top beers. Up against like Trillium and Tree House and all the big dogs. That one is my favorite. Their Mexican Coffee stout is amazing but that's seasonal. Albatross is really good as well.

Have you been there?

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
What's your favorite Brew Gentlemen beer?

General Braddock is their flagship beer and the best year round beer that you will find in Pittsburgh, and it's not even close. For me though, I prefer their seasonal/limited double IPA offerings, Albatross (Spring seasonal which just kicked last week), Mammoth (Fall seasonal), and Foshomo. If you can, I would highly recommend going down there this weeken to try Foshomo which they are tapping today. Because of their spike in popularity nationally, it probably won't last more than a week or so. It's amazing and like GeneralBraddock said, it's on par with the best from Tree House, Trillium, etc.

Last edited:

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Got some Dogfish Head Saison du Buff and Evil Twin A is for Apricot for the game.

Started with the saison, it's interesting. Brewed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Got some Dogfish Head Saison du Buff and Evil Twin A is for Apricot for the game.

Started with the saison, it's interesting. Brewed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.

Was that brewed by Simon and Garfunkel?? :sarcasm: :laugh:

Anywho, I drank a six-pack of Heineken tall boys and more Jagermeister last night.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I had one of those the other day. I enjoyed it for sure, although it's one of those where I'm glad I didn't get a 6 pack.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Very easily. I've been able to do it for years.

Then once I'm outta beer I usually switch to liquor.

Tonight however I just had a shot of Jägermeister before the 3rd. Didn't really feel like drinking.
I don't think I've gone a single playoff game yet this year without drinking.

Most games (including both Game 7s actually) only like 2-3 beers.

But some... ones I've gone out for... a shot for every goal, + a pretty decent amount of beers.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Aren't tall boys only like 473 ml. per can??

I know the tall boys I buy here (whether they are Heineken or other stuff) are 500 ml. each

Which for a six pack is 3000 ml. or almost 8 and a half 12 ounce beers.

Even if I stick to just that six pack (which normally I don't and have more beer after that)....that's **** all for watching hockey isn't it? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad