TV: The Beatles: Eight Days a Week (Hulu)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Will probably watch it, but I can't imagine what has yet to be unearthed about this. I'm also a little skeptical about the idea of a Beatles Documentary only told from the POV of McCartney/Starr, who I think have more of a tendency to sugarcoat things.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Will probably watch it, but I can't imagine what has yet to be unearthed about this. I'm also a little skeptical about the idea of a Beatles Documentary only told from the POV of McCartney/Starr, who I think have more of a tendency to sugarcoat things.

By no means is it an expose of any sort. It is a Ron Howard film after all. It is not necessarily told only from the surviving members standpoint, as it incorporates a lot of contemporaneous material. It has a lot of good live footage too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
There's some interview/archive footage from George and John too. George, in particular, I thought his little bits in the film made him sound almost kind of happy when he was thinking back to those times. After all, those 4 went through something that is very hard for the rest of the world to comprehend--and as stated in the film they only really had each other.

While their group may not have ended the way any of them imagined it would, I don't think it's a stretch to say that they genuinely loved one another as brothers--given what I'd stated above. They fought, absolutely, but they also knew each other better than/just as good as their wives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad