The Beatification of Doug Wilson

Beatification now?

• Total voters

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Okay, I figured I'd just get this fast-tracked here - I think we can all agree to waive the 5 year waiting period (or not?).

Glossing over the first couple of criteria, to the meat, the heart of canonization - the verified miracles.

Evidence:

- The first miracle: Nov 30th 2005, Joe Thornton - water in to wine
Verified, countless witnesses and testimony

- The second miracle: Jul 4th 2008, Dan Boyle - raised from the dead
Verified, Boyle himself bore witness to his rebirth

- The third miracle: Sept 13th 2018, Erik Karlsson - from bondage, through the desert (Ottawa)
Verified by Twitter.

What more proof do you need? Let us sing his praises and lay offerings at his feet. Or do you doubt?

Cast thy vote!

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Any one want to start a go fund me account to get me to san jose to build the statue for wilson outside of the arena?

I said i would personally do it if wilson traded demelo for karlsson lol

I'm pretty sure they will build one eventually anyway. Just claim you are working on permits for the next few years, then when it does get built, take credit.

Reactions: Beethovens 10th

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Okay, I figured I'd just get this fast-tracked here - I think we can all agree to waive the 5 year waiting period (or not?).

Glossing over the first couple of criteria, to the meat, the heart of canonization - the verified miracles.

Evidence:

- The first miracle: Nov 30th 2005, Joe Thornton - water in to wine
Verified, countless witnesses and testimony

- The second miracle: Jul 4th 2008, Dan Boyle - raised from the dead
Verified, Boyle himself bore witness to his rebirth

- The third miracle: Sept 13th 2018, Erik Karlsson - from bondage, through the desert (Ottawa)
Verified by Twitter.

What more proof do you need? Let us sing his praises and lay offerings at his feet. Or do you doubt?

Cast thy vote!

What would be a good date for Wilson's Feast Day? July 5th (his day of birth)?

I imagine Thornton would be willing to prepare his famed coq-au-vin for the occasion.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Grats for that trade SJ !! I would say that's a great news that Karlsson gets traded since we have Ott 1st round pick but bad news that he got traded in the West. Alot of teams in the West got better this offseason, SJ, Vegas, Calgary, St-Louis, LA but good news is that those teams are mostly Pacific teams still gonna be hard to make playoffs this season though :laugh: I read the Sens board it's sad for the fans but funny when they say that Patches and Duchene actually got more than Karlsson lmao.

Reactions: Beethovens 10th

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Dream-Catcher-Dreams.jpg

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
What would be a good date for Wilson's Feast Day? July 5th (his day of birth)?

I imagine Thornton would be willing to prepare his famed coq-au-vin for the occasion.

Just a day??? I say a week of reflective fasting starting at sundown of July 1st, whipping up in a frenzy of animal sacrifices leading into the 5th - Glorious Doug Wilson Day. Whereupon an army of fatted calves shall be lain low in deference. Then we close out the week with ceremonial gestures of kinship and brotherhood toward all, and an all you can eat buffet of Popeye’s and Mountain Mike’s at the local Dave and Buster’s. Perhaps with an appearance of Jumbo’s feathered friend. All hail!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Trading for Hoffman and Karlsson this summer would have sounded crazy in June.
I've had my doubts about DW over the years, but every time I'm getting iffy, he pulls off a great move. He really is one of the savviest GMs out there. I'm happy he's our GM. I'm interested to see how his son does going forward. I like his attitude and how he's directing our scouting department.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Praise Wilson,
Our GM, which art in his office
hallowed be thy phone.
Thy acquisitions come.
Thy trades be done on ice
as they are in boardrooms
give us this day our daily fleecings
and forgive us our anxieties about this team
as we forgive thy draft picks that disappoint us.
And lead us not into other fandoms,
But deliver us a trophy
for Thine is the shark tank
thy tan and thy continuity
for ever and ever.
amen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad