The Bashkirovs leaving Québec

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
After the truckload of money he threw to Lavallée, Coughlin, Hennessy, Joey Ryan, Esposito, Tessier, Radulov, I'd say it's good for him.

It was mentionned on the radio (Rouyn) that Brent Aubin went back to Qc because it paid better than any pro opportunities...having said that I don't know any of the rules for overagers or that in the Q.

clfath

Jun 22, 2006
It was mentionned on the radio (Rouyn) that Brent Aubin went back to Qc because it paid better than any pro opportunities...having said that I don't know any of the rules for overagers or that in the Q.

There is no pay limit for 20 y/o players.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quebec paid Brent's AHL salary...similar to Radulov, Quebec paid him what he would have made in the AHL, enticing him to stay an extra season.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Aubin was signed by the Leafs so, I'm assuming the Leafs probably covered his salary...

Players dont get paid if they arent in the system.

Aubin was signed to an entry level contract but it doesnt kick in until this coming season...Quebec paid him, not Toronto.

Much like 18 year olds in Junior who sign NHL contracts, Jonathan Bernier for example...LA Signed him...but he doesnt get paid while he is in Lewiston...he gets his bonus money but no actual salary.

Bruinster*

Tanguay co-owner of the Quebec Rampart said yesterday on CKAC Montreal radio station about he hope the CHL stop picking euro and let the CHL develop more Canadian players.

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
Ottawa drafted Bashkirov because he fell and showed potential in the Q. As far as him going to Russia, Ottaw probably knew this was a likely scenario. In regards to the team drafting another Russian...well I doubt such a comment can be made. Volchenkov has worked out great and Nikulin is coming over this year. Mirnov should also be on the radar, as is probably Anikienko and Zubov. The team actually made out like a bandit in the last few drafts the way they picked Russians projected for the first round in the 2nd (Mirnov), 3rd (Anikienko), or even 5th rounds (Zubov and Nikulin). Yes, Nikulin was recognized by RussianProspects and Ottawa's scout to have first round potential, thus picking him up so late was a bargain.

My only concern with the Bashkirov move is that the kids won't get any playing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad