Player Discussion The Bad Granlund Phenomenon Part 4 (mod warning post #393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Granlund, do we really want him?
When there is no Canuck news,..someone can always revisit the Marcus Granlund thread..It never disappoints.

Why-do-dogs-chase-their-tails.jpg

Reactions: lindgren

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
When there is no Canuck news,..someone can always revisit the Marcus Granlund thread..It never disappoints.

View attachment 124469
Agreed unfortunately. I wish this thread could stop being needlessly bumped after being idle for weeks/months unless theres something substancial to talk about. Like in a few weeks he may get a new contract and we can all get back on the pile then

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Granlund has some ability. We have no depth at all. No reason not to have him in the lineup. Maybe he ends up on a line w decent chemistry and maybe get some value at the tdd. Off season I don't imagine we get any pick for him.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

View attachment 124469

I don’t get what you’re trying to say with this post. It’s not like the poster you quoted was bumping this thread. You were engaged in the conversation earlier today so you know this.

Are you trying to say that Hargraves was somehow wrong to have asked about Granlund’s value heading into the draft, with Benning having said he’s going to try to acquire more picks, and Granlund looking like one of the few somewhat redundant players in the system? If that’s what you’re saying, please elaborate on your logic.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I’ll say this much in favour of Granlund. I’d much rather keep him and play him as the 2C next season rather than pay what it would take to acquire ROR. I don’t think he’s a big part of this team’s future but I’m fine to keep him around for the time being.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t get what you’re trying to say with this post. It’s not like the poster you quoted was bumping this thread. You were engaged in the conversation earlier today so you know this.

Are you trying to say that Hargraves was somehow wrong to have asked about Granlund’s value heading into the draft, with Benning having said he’s going to try to acquire more picks, and Granlund looking like one of the few somewhat redundant players in the system? If that’s what you’re saying, please elaborate on your logic.
No..,I didn't check to see if Hargreaves was wrong......Yes.. ,I was on the thread earlier....Yes..It was just a throwaway blanket statement I made about discussing the throwaway Granlund topic (the poster I replied to agreed on the redundancy of the thread)...Just shoot me..

Do you ever take time off from policing the threads.?

Last edited:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
No..,I didn't check to see if Hargreaves was wrong......Yes.. ,I was on the thread earlier....Yes..It was just a throwaway blanket statement I made about discussing the throwaway Granlund topic (the poster I replied to agreed on the redundancy of the thread)...Just shoot me..

Do you ever take time off from policing the threads.?

I'm just trying to get a sense of what you're talking about.

Anyway, as for Granlund, I think he's probably not worth much more than a mid or later round pick. It's also an interesting spot that they're in, though, where the combination of the lack of depth at nearly every position along with the weird strategy of trying to make hockey trades at the deadline (when picks are probably at their cheapest and hockey trades are less a priority) and then trying to pick up extra picks leading into the draft (when the price for them is likely highest) leaves them with very few options for ways to pick up those picks that Benning says he wants to acquire.

Of the bunch of Granlund, Goldobin, Leipsic, etc. I think Granlund is the most likely to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad