GBU The Bad and the Ugly: Missing - One Hockey Team, Last Seen in the Bahamas, If Found Return to 1 Seymour H Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, NY

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think that stars was MIA. Tage and Alex.

Teams have been taking away the dinged Tage and the support is still young. Cozens and Quinn seemed inconsequential last night and that's 2/3rd of what is supposed to be the 2nd scoring line. Granato talked about how last year they discovered they had one of the higher scoring first lines in the league when no one thought they had one. But this year, there hasn't been the development of a second line so much as there have been some stretches where certain folks on that line have carried things for a short time. Sorting out who is that alternate and getting more regular, consistent production out of them would certainly move the team forward on the nights when Tage's line is contained. It doesn't seem like that question has been answered this year in a way that is comfortable for next season.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Teams have been taking away the dinged Tage and the support is still young. Cozens and Quinn seemed inconsequential last night and that's 2/3rd of what is supposed to be the 2nd scoring line. Granato talked about how last year they discovered they had one of the higher scoring first lines in the league when no one thought they had one. But this year, there hasn't been the development of a second line so much as there have been some stretches where certain folks on that line have carried things for a short time. Sorting out who is that alternate and getting more regular, consistent production out of them would certainly move the team forward on the nights when Tage's line is contained. It doesn't seem like that question has been answered this year in a way that is comfortable for next season.
It's certainly an unknown at this point, but I have a lot of confidence that Cozens and Quinn are going to become really, really good players in this league. That gives me a good feeling about the second line developing into a tough line for other teams to matchup with. They're just extremely green at this point.

Im personally pretty excited to see how they develop over the next year. I feel they'll be savages. A bit more more experience is going to go a long way for them.

My main concerns with the franchise are whether Adams can make some savvy additions to round out the roster and if Granato can implement a solid defensive structure. That's that difference between being a perennial wild card team and a perennial contender.

Im still cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad