The Back Check Hockey History Podcast

rnhaas

Jun 11, 2018
Toronto
www.thebackcheck.com
Hi all,
Hockey history has been of interest to me ever since I first got interested in hockey when the Leafs went on their run in 1993. It combines two of my favourite things: sports and history. I have been meaning to write a book about hockey history in general for a very, very long time, but I just never got around to it. So eventually I talked my friend into doing a podcast.

It's called The Back Check, and you can listen to it on iTunes or on our site if you're interested. Every episode (about once per week) we consider the cases of one eligible (or soon-to-be eligible) player, one recently inducted player and one old-timer. So far we have 7 episodes, though two of them deal with preliminary things not individual players.

The focus to date is on skaters, because we don't know what to do about goalies. Also, we've stuck to the NHL except for the first episode and Cyclone Taylor, though we may expand into other leagues if we do it long enough.

If you'd interested, we'd love it if you would check it out and give us your feedback. (PS I cleared this with Bear of Bad News before posting.)

Episodes so far:

Thanks for your consideration.

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
Nice, I'll try to give it a listen. I'm hooked on The JRE for my commute but I am always open to listening to people talk about hockey.

Reactions: rnhaas

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I listened to the Selanne one yesterday on my drive. A little stat-heavy, but it felt really well-produced, so I’ll definitely check out the greatness one next.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Glad I logged in and saw this thread. I haven't been online much lately. I've subscribed and will catch up on all your episodes as soon as I can. Mike Farkas is right, btw... I'm potentially interested in teaming up or at least guest starring. I've been considering doing my own hockey history podcast for about a year just because no one else was. Now that you are, maybe I don't have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->