The Award Thread

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Wasn't sure where to post the 3 finalists for the UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, so I figured one giant thread for that, Ballon d'Or, Golden Boy, and any other fun ones could be in order.

Final 3 for the UEFA Best Player in Europe are Griezmann, Ronaldo, and Bale. Yep.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Final 3 for the UEFA Best Player in Europe are Griezmann, Ronaldo, and Bale. Yep.

lebronwhaaa.gif

Jul 7, 2009
Are people surprised someone like Suarez didn't make it?

Only recently started getting into soccer so I have no idea how UEFA chooses there finalists.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm surprised Bale is there, but I'm not surprised at the Messi omission. Generally the finalists are taken from teams that make it at least to the semis in the CL.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Are people surprised someone like Suarez didn't make it?

Only recently started getting into soccer so I have no idea how UEFA chooses there finalists.

Well reading that list of finalists nobody does. No Suarez and no Messi makes for a pretty bad list depending on the criteria. LOL at Bale.

On a side note, :rant: at the DM basketball gifs and such, and I don't even know who that is.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Bale is only there because his NT reached the SF at the Euros.

I love Bale, he is my favourite player, but yeah, that's the only reason why and it is a crappy reason. Bale had a killer season though, not just top 3. Griezmann is there because his club reached the CL Final and his NT reached the Euro final. Same crappy reasoning.

That being said... Bale > God.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Griezmann has a claim to be there. He's had a fantastic season in general. Ronaldo will win it though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Griezmann dominated in la Liga, CL and was EURO's best scorer. His place was obvious.

Bale however? Seriously?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Bale has been pretty good for Madrid, even when the team was **** under Rafa, he was one of the few bright lights
Was great with Wales as well

But Suarez should have been there

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'm pleasantly surprised by the Griezmann choice, and it's a correct one.

I don't mind Bale, he's had a fantastic year, but so did Suarez.

Ronaldo, Suarez, Griezmann would've been my three...
But you can certainly make a case for Bale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad