OT: The Avalounge: Nerd Central 2.0

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I just saw the Avalanche absolutely wreck the Calgary Flames, and saw Cale Makar's first NHL goal besides. Nothing could have ruined my day until...

Until this motherf***ing mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, genetic abscess in a giant Ford pickup BACKS UP INTO MY CAR in the parking lot coming out of the game. My hood and front end is all f***ed up, I can't pick up passengers like this, so I'm screwed now. I just paid my taxes and now I can't pay my rent. f*** me.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I just saw the Avalanche absolutely wreck the Calgary Flames, and saw Cale Makar's first NHL goal besides. Nothing could have ruined my day until...

Until this mother****ing mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, genetic abscess in a giant Ford pickup BACKS UP INTO MY CAR in the parking lot coming out of the game. My hood and front end is all ****ed up, I can't pick up passengers like this, so I'm screwed now. I just paid my taxes and now I can't pay my rent. **** me.
Sue?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Until this mother****ing mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, genetic abscess in a giant Ford pickup BACKS UP INTO MY CAR in the parking lot coming out of the game. My hood and front end is all ****ed up, I can't pick up passengers like this, so I'm screwed now. I just paid my taxes and now I can't pay my rent. **** me.
Insurance?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Insurance?
Got his info, but it will take at least two weeks in the shop for me to get this fixed, and in the meantime, I have no income.

Unless there is a way I can apply for lost business as a professional driver from his insurance.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Got his info, but it will take at least two weeks in the shop for me to get this fixed, and in the meantime, I have no income.

Unless there is a way I can apply for lost business as a professional driver from his insurance.
Call them tomorrow morning and explain the situation? Something similar happened to me last year and my insurance paid for a rental car.

The car insurance situation in the US is kind of f***ed. Here everyone must be insured by law and it's a "no fault" (which means that your insurance pays for your damage regardless of who's at fault).

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wouldn't see the money until long after I'm evicted...
I'd talk to a lawyer and see about maybe a loan as bad as that would be. Atleast keeps you in a home. Lawyer might say he can get the insurance company to pay the interest and rent+damages. I'm only fluent in bird law though so don't listen to me. But I know what it's like to be screwed out of money. Old boss didnt pay me when I quit and I had to move out. Hopefully you can get it figured out. That's brutal.

Another thing would be to talk to your landlord. If they see the damage they might be able to work something out or maybe you're lawyer can assuming you can get one. Sorry again hope someone else may be able to help more. GL

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Does anyone know if someone's done a book/doc/other that features one of those no-name hype men rappers that hung with B.I.G or Pac? I'd like to hear someone who was like in the background of a video once talk about that whole thing.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Oh, I encountered the ads now, on mobile. I wonder why HF always insists on having the ads f*** with usability.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Not sure it's always HF's fault.
They expect the ad to act one way, based on the vendor, and it acts completely differently...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not sure it's always HF's fault.
They expect the ad to act one way, based on the vendor, and it acts completely differently...
Yeah that makes sense. But definitely making some stupid greedy decisions with the ads, because where are they getting these POS ads?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Haven't been able to get an answer from anyone higher up w/r/t the ads at the bottom of the screen, sorry guys :(

My guess is that they probably won't go away.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Haven't been able to get an answer from anyone higher up w/r/t the ads at the bottom of the screen, sorry guys :(

My guess is that they probably won't go away.
If sponsors are seeing ads (permanently) it's pretty shitty, especially with the recent incentive for people to donate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad