OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Oh yeah, all great stuff. Blackadder's first season is weird. I always recommend that everybody watched seasons 2-4 first, then when you're already invested in the show, go watch the first season. It does have some legitimately good moments, but the character is so unrecognizable that you have to be acquainted with the premise to appreciate it fully.

One other thing, if you like Fawlty Towers, would be the movie A Fish Called Wanda. Also written by and starring Cleese, and also hysterical.

Own it. :laugh: Kevin Kline, Jamie Lee Curtis, & fellow Monty Python alum Michael Palin round out a great cast.

Reactions: McMetal

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Everyone knows The Wire is the GOATESTEST.

I'll never forgive Ziggy Sobotka for what he did to that duck.

621184308e5b06eff6d2585c53c95c7f34120985.jpg

Reactions: Murzu

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If you like The Wire you might like The Shield too. I was late to both of them but they still hold up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I've never watched The Sopranos or Breaking Bad but I want to give them both a try.

Gave GoT a try, absolutely hated it. I'm just not into unrealistic things on television. There has to be some form of realism for it to hook me.

Entourage has to be my favourite show ever created, though. That show will legitimately **** with you into believing you can move to Hollywood and make it.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Yeah, nothing much beats the Wire for me.

I loved Breaking bad, too. Better Call Saul’s not bad, but a bit slower than BB.

I read the GoT books and watched the last three seasons on tv. It’s too bad the way it all ended up. I couldn’t put down the books after I got into them.

Never have seen the Sopranos.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Kennedy Curse, otherwise known as all this money and time on everybody's hands, claimed another two people. It's pretty crazy, if you let it.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Seinfeld & the Cheers seasons with Coach are probably my 2 favorite sitcoms.

They were both before my time, so I’ve never seen the series in their entirety, but WKRP In Cincinnati’s Turkeys Away & the episode where 2 of the DJs take a sobriety test with a highway patrolman on air are great, as is the Taxi episode where Christopher Lloyd takes his driving exam.

Reactions: McMetal

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You're slipping.
I can't get over how weird they all look

Jerry's teeth are too big
Elaine's forehead is too big
Kramer needs a wash
George permanently has the look of a used car salesman who's trying to pretend he can't let the thirty year old banger with broken windows and one door go for anything less than three thousand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad