OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So i was just going to settle in and enjoy the post game but my wife ran into the office with her ipad and showed me this....

haven't stopped laughing at how true this is.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
So i was just going to settle in and enjoy the post game but my wife ran into the office with her ipad and showed me this....

haven't stopped laughing at how true this is.

Michael MacIntyreis an interesting comedian. It goes back to our conversations not long ago about Jimmy Care, Tim Allen etc. MacIntyre is like Tim Allen in the sense he is a family friendly comedian. But he really is disliked in the UK by other comedians because they see him as a sell out or something. But the guy has great observational humor. His jokes on the surface are super mundane but they are really funny. He does a sketch about how people vacuum which is good and his one about the random drawer that everyone has that's full of old keys, used batteries, random socks is great too. I've been to see him live once and he was really fantastic.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
30cm in just the last 3 hours. The worst is still yet to come. State of emergency declared. This is f***ed up.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sunny skies on the West Coast of the island :)

This is the least amount of snowfall I have seen for the middle of January in my 25 years here now.

Funny because especially after this storm in town, it'll probably be the most snow they've ever had in a winter.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The winter in Finland has been very weird. We should be in the middle of the coldest period right now but it's been raining and the -20's hit in like November or something.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yep. Now today NS is getting 100km winds, the walk across the parking lot at 6am this morning was brutal. Haven't been in the Maritimes for winter since 2014 and this is what I get... Crazy.

Our winds are up around 120 now and still
will climb a fair bit. 47CM down. 40ish still to come. It’s essentially hurricane igor again but this time with record breaking snow added to it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wind gusts were just calculated at 180 km/h (that’s 112 mph)
First time in my life I was legit scared of the weather.

Only 12 more hours to go lol!

Reactions: Foppberg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm the same way.

One of the things I'd definitely have included on a "bucket list" for myself would be a road trip through the Mid-West US States during peak Tornado season. Chasing a tornado live would be such an exhilarating experience IMO.

I've always had a major fascination with weather. I think if Mun had a meteorology program I probably would have done that instead of business.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm the same way.

One of the things I'd definitely have included on a "bucket list" for myself would be a road trip through the Mid-West US States during peak Tornado season. Chasing a tornado live would be such an exhilarating experience IMO.

I've always had a major fascination with weather. I think if Mun had a meteorology program I probably would have done that instead of business.

That's what I'm taking now in university, or at least in that world. It's a very complex rabbit hole but interesting as f***.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've lived around tornados most of my life at this point... really not missing much with them. Mostly only show up for short spurts and just dump a bunch of hail. Much ado about nothing... until they aren't and destroy 5 towns.

Stay safe Newfies!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Weather is messed up where I live. In November we had about nine hours of sun (was one hour up until the 28th, but some sun late in the month meant we missed the record). In December we had record amounts of rain. Now in January we have record temperatures (warmer than normal).

Abnormal is the new normal.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ah mate I totally forgot about this, how was the overall concert though?
Awesome. I got into the second row, so I had clear view of the stage. Caught myself with a shit eating grin more than once just watching some of that stuff happen.

The Spirit Carries On was awesome.

Reactions: McMetal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Awesome. I got into the second row, so I had clear view of the stage. Caught myself with a **** eating grin more than once just watching some of that stuff happen.

The Spirit Carries On was awesome.
Lol so this is going to be weird, but The Spirit Carries On is like the only song I don't like on that album. I know I know, I am an idiot.

Did they play the nineteen minute version of Beyond This Life? This version...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->