OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't want to talk for Pokecheque but it seems he doesn't like the idea of "losing" as perhaps it could imply weakness and the ability to overcome the disease if they really tried hard.

Interesting thought at least.

That's exactly it, though worded much better.

So the people who "fought" cancer and "won" just did a better job? Get outta here with that.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't want to talk for Pokecheque but it seems he doesn't like the idea of "losing" as perhaps it could imply weakness and the ability to overcome the disease if they really tried hard.

Interesting thought at least.
Ahhh I see. That makes sense. Although I never really attributed someone who won vs cancer as stronger than those who lost, but I get it.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Just watched my Vikings put up an Avs like game while my MIL came over to online shop with wife and I got to hear about items she would look adorable in.

Wondering if i should pile drive myself through coffee table or head first out my window? I prefer not to dive into my TV but open to suggestions

Reactions: UncleRisto

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
EN2qhrAUEAYCWtI

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Bwahaha, that's gotta be some comedy thing. Imagine being like sixty and FRENCH and you go "Oh yeah, yeah, Mein Kampf, he's seven." :laugh::laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We are getting upwards to 80CM of snow and 140+KM/H winds in a 15 hour span tomorrow. We’re known for awful winters but this is beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.

That’s 32 inches and 90MPH winds for you backwards ass people who don’t use the metric system.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We are getting upwards to 80CM of snow and 140+KM/H winds in a 15 hour span tomorrow. We’re known for awful winters but this is beyond anything I’ve ever experienced.

That’s 32 inches and 90MPH winds for you backwards ass people who don’t use the metric system.
I know this is an anomaly but North American snow storms are insane. Nothing like that over on this side, ever.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

We always celebrate whenever we hit -40 because the entire world (those using Celsius or Fahrenheit) can all agree...it's a bit chilly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad