OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
This American Life is grade A. Radio Lab is great too.

And if you're at all interested in rock climbing the Enormocast is really awesome. But only if you really get the ins and outs of climbing.

member 116861

I cant use the apostrophe or question mark key. I keep getting È and É. Is this how @Frenchy feelsÉ

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Sounds Finnish?
Not enough random consonants.
No, no, NO! You have it all wrong. Finnish only has three consonants in a row in loan words. Four, never.
What are some actual podcasts you guys have listened to? I can listen to Sleepycast episodes over and over until the end of time, but they're definitely an acquired taste. The Official Podcast has had some decent episodes that I've listened to. Lore is a good one for random interesting stories throughout history.
- Joe Rogan
- Bill Burr MMPC
- 31 Thoughts
- Avalanche talk w/Boulding & JJ
- Your Moms House (It can be kinda weird at times, but my God Tom Segura is a damn psycho and makes me laugh)
- A few science/career based ones.
Congratulations with Chris D'Elia!

Closing in on 100 episodes, start from the beginning. Funny and dumb as shit.

Also, Puck Soup for hockey.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What are some actual podcasts you guys have listened to? I can listen to Sleepycast episodes over and over until the end of time, but they're definitely an acquired taste. The Official Podcast has had some decent episodes that I've listened to. Lore is a good one for random interesting stories throughout history.

Please go listen to spittin chiclets great hockey podcast.
Last Podcast on the Left (conspiracies, serial killers, haunting and anything else that might make you ask how the f*** is this a thing).
My Favorite Murder
The Fantasy Footballers (if you’re into nfl fantasy football)
The Ricky Gervay show
Are probably my top ones that aren’t super f***ed up haha

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Last Podcast on the Left (conspiracies, serial killers, haunting and anything else that might make you ask how the **** is this a thing).
My Favorite Murder
The Ricky Gervay show
Are probably my top ones that aren’t super ****ed up haha

My favorite murder isn’t f***ed up? :sarcasm:

Jk MFM is so good. My girlfriend got me super hooked on that.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Last Podcast on the Left (conspiracies, serial killers, haunting and anything else that might make you ask how the **** is this a thing).
My Favorite Murder
The Ricky Gervay show
Are probably my top ones that aren’t super ****ed up haha
I'll check out SC. No promises that I'll stick with it, though, haha. I'll definitely look into Last Podcast on the Left and My Favorite Murder. That's the type of thing that's right up my alley. Don't ask me why, but spooky ghosts and true crime are two of my favorite things. It's probably all of the Courage the Cowardly Dog I watched as a kid.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'll check out SC. No promises that I'll stick with it, though, haha. I'll definitely look into Last Podcast on the Left and My Favorite Murder. That's the type of thing that's right up my alley. Don't ask me why, but spooky ghosts and true crime are two of my favorite things. It's probably all of the Courage the Cowardly Dog I watched as a kid.

Highly reccomend my favorite murder. True crime and shit like that piques my interest so much for whatever reason. They do ramble a lot to start off the episodes so I typically skip ahead a little bit in the episodes but I’ve been hooked on it for the last month or so.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Highly reccomend my favorite murder. True crime and **** like that piques my interest so much for whatever reason. They do ramble a lot to start off the episodes so I typically skip ahead a little bit in the episodes but I’ve been hooked on it for the last month or so.
I tried listening to Small Town Murder a few months back, but it didn’t really grab my attention. They went too much into statistics before getting to the actual story for me to be intrigued. I like the story to be front and center in any given podcast, so I’m hoping MFM does just that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I tried listening to Small Town Murder a few months back, but it didn’t really grab my attention. They went too much into statistics before getting to the actual story for me to be intrigued. I like the story to be front and center in any given podcast, so I’m hoping MFM does just that.

Nah it’s all about the story so it should be right up your alley. The rambling they do almost never has anything to with stories, just random banter really. So that’s kind of annoying, but once they get into the stories it’s fantastic.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Anyone playing NHL 18 on Xbox?

Have NHL 19, like that better.

So, if you've been in a rapidly developing relationship, what was it like early on? Since Friday we've spent a few nights together and everything is just comfortable and in sync, it's the best way I can describe it. It's not forced and there's no friction.

It's always taken awhile to materialize or we just kept it casual. Seems kinda obvious where it's going already. This is weird...

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I cant use the apostrophe or question mark key. I keep getting È and É. Is this how @Frenchy feelsÉ
I used to have that problem and I turned it off by pressing shift+up key or something like that. Google how to turn off alternate keys on whatever pc or keyboard you are using.

member 116861

I used to have that problem and I turned it off by pressing shift+up key or something like that. Google how to turn off alternate keys on whatever pc or keyboard you are using.

Whatever Google told me didn't work but thankfully restarting my computer worked for some reason.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Whatever Google told me didn't work but thankfully restarting my computer worked for some reason.
Good to hear that it was an easy fix. Mine stayed that way for months until I finally got annoyed enough to google it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I feel like by the time this thread gets to 1000 posts I'll have 1000 new pods to listen to.

It's important that you figure out what you're trying to get out of podcasts because there's simply so many of them. Feel the same way with TV as well - so many damn channels.

I watch TV for enjoyment and reserve it for that. I listen to podcasts to learn, and it's the time I spend during the day to stimulate my mind on things I want to delve into but just don't have the time. My daily commute is roughly 40 mins each way, so I listen to a LOT of financial news and trading strategies on podcasts because I am always intrigued about investing and making sure my 401k is well taken care of. I actually was really hell bent on making money for a home down payment 3 years ago and made $20K in the market one year. It took a lot of studying and podcasting. Anyways my point is - know what your purpose is with podcasts, because there's so many of them. If you want a laugh, a good story, or to learn about something...there's a bazillion good podcasts out there that can assist you. Just because a podcast is great for one person doesn't mean it's great for everyone else. Depends on what you want out of it (and maybe you want nothing at all except enjoyment - that's good too.)

Reactions: Nzap

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's important that you figure out what you're trying to get out of podcasts because there's simply so many of them. Feel the same way with TV as well - so many damn channels.

I watch TV for enjoyment and reserve it for that. I listen to podcasts to learn, and it's the time I spend during the day to stimulate my mind on things I want to delve into but just don't have the time. My daily commute is roughly 40 mins each way, so I listen to a LOT of financial news and trading strategies on podcasts because I am always intrigued about investing and making sure my 401k is well taken care of. I actually was really hell bent on making money for a home down payment 3 years ago and made $20K in the market one year. It took a lot of studying and podcasting. Anyways my point is - know what your purpose is with podcasts, because there's so many of them. If you want a laugh, a good story, or to learn about something...there's a bazillion good podcasts out there that can assist you. Just because a podcast is great for one person doesn't mean it's great for everyone else. Depends on what you want out of it (and maybe you want nothing at all except enjoyment - that's good too.)

Any investing podcasts you'd recommend? I know absolutely zero about it but I've always been intrigued by it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I got more than 800 likes on my average tweet. This is my proudest moment. I assume the money will start rolling in any minute now.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Puck Soup>>>spittin chiclets.

Also beer is so good. I missed it so much. It’s crazy how 9 months of no alcohol can abolish any tolerance one may have had lol.

I had a Tweak last night (17% ABV stout) and it pretty much put me straight to sleep:laugh:

Reactions: The Abusement Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->