OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone have any tips on what I might want to emphasize when applying for research assistant/internship type positions with a university?

I'd focus on first emphasizing your interest in the whole university/teaching setting since it's crucial in enjoying that line of work. Other than that it's what you'd focus on in a job application: being conscientious, structured, enjoy working in teams and have good stress resilience.

Reactions: UncleRisto

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Anyone have any tips on what I might want to emphasize when applying for research assistant/internship type positions with a university?

In my experience at universities it's important to show good inter-personal skills, self-drive (since you often don't have a 'manager' telling you what to do) and a general inquisitive nature being most important. Then just some solid reasoning for why your interested in that particular position.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hey guys, who has better jokes:

Jillian Fisher, the "every NHL team" video lady, or a manic homeless person who can't speak in sentences?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yup. Really liked it, too.

Been watching the 3rd season of True Detective lately. It's good to see the series reaching its potential again (and that's coming from someone who liked season 2 as well).

The way the story is unfolding in TD S3 is quite fascinating. I'm someone who really enjoyed S2 as well (the acting was quite good, I thought, and I did enjoy a slight change of pace in regards to the crime the detectives were investigating, as opposed to just another season of tracking a serial killer like S1). I'm also very much a fan of the anthology concept because my wife hasn't seen either S1 or S2, but has been able to just drop right in to S3 with me and she doesn't have to know anything about the prior seasons (though we plan to watch them at some point).

Reactions: Arcade Fire

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I need this shirt. Start a GoFundMe or whatever...
46506352_2301153663507192_8104637947938078720_n.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
H Mart, best grocery store or greatest grocery store?

Also I found some really old emails I forgot to delete and I totally forgot how much of a pain in the ass it was to apply and register for scholarships. That's something that needs to be deregulated by a thousandfold.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I was just thinking, how coked up do you think Daron Malakian and Serj Tankian would had to have been to write any of the System of a Down albums?

On a related note, the first album is so good. And also what the f*** is any of it?

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Can someone tell how to add pictures without that stupid “IMG” popping up? I seem to have forgot how to do it.

Oh also gifs. How do you post those. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad