Whatcha getting at?

:eviltongu
ca3df6ab73ec80d2e0d26f577668e55c.gif

Reactions: RockLobster

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Earlier, I was looking at some stuff about the Titanic, and this is my TED Talk:

J. J. Astor IV of course died on the Titanic. His wife Madeleine Force Astor survived.

But did you know she remarried with industrialist and banker William K. Dick, and they had a child named William Force Dick?

His name was Will Force Dick. That was his name.

Thank you.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think this is the year the human race will figure things out and we will switch to a sustainable way of life.

:newyear:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
First year I attended a New Years party with someone already and kissed at the drop. Good way to end a solid 2018 and kickoff 2019.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Anyone own investment homes? Considering a purchase and wondering about useful advice to look into prior to making an offer. Busy working through how much it'll cost me from where I'd be withdrawing the funds.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think this is the year the human race will figure things out and we will switch to a sustainable way of life.

:newyear:
New Years resolutions are made to be broken. :sarcasm:

Anyone own investment homes? Considering a purchase and wondering about useful advice to look into prior to making an offer. Busy working through how much it'll cost me from where I'd be withdrawing the funds.
My friend's husband is flipping homes and from what I understand you should start in an area where the housing is cheap and should eventually rise (which is not Colorado). Places like Tennessee for example are seeing huge growth in the housing market (as I believe it is regional), I have another friend that bought a house in Nashville for 300,000 and once he moved due to jobs it was valued at 550,000. The bloke who is flipping houses though moved to Vegas as he see's it as the next regional booming market years from now. He's able to move to any location since he's a financial advisor for a Chinese company, so he works from home.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
My friend's husband is flipping homes and from what I understand you should start in an area where the housing is cheap and should eventually rise (which is not Colorado)

I'm not sure about flipping, that's a full time job. I dated a girl who did that and she didn't make nearly as much as she claimed.

I'm thinking rental. I made a 60% profit on stocks the past 4 years on average, I'm looking at putting 20% into a rental property that's as-is ready and I could make around 25% a month in profit. Same area I live now so I know the building and costs, could do my own maintenance. And my year over year gains are declining rapidly in stocks.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Most of the guys who I know that do rental properties avoid Colorado entirely. They go to the cheaper places in the US or college towns.

If you want to do rentals in Colorado, commercial warehouse type space has been the hot market. I don’t know if that ship has sailed yet - it may have. But the pot market just demolished available warehousing options here.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I own several, Wolfe. Shoot me a PM.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Funny, RL's join date says 2003 so what was he maybe? In high school?

Been a while fellas.

I can't believe I've been here for six years...

E: Oh, and I appreciate the like you dropped on Saturday's GDT twenty minutes ago. :D

I was a junior in high school when I joined. The dual Kariya/Selanne signings in July of 2003 & the desire to find an online community other than the ESPN/Official ColoradoAvalanche.com forums is what led me here.

A little over 15 years later and now I’m married with 1 step-daughter and a 15-month old that I’ll be formally adopting.

It is strange to think about it though. From that period of time, the others that stand out are @Bubba Thudd, @ABasin, and @expatriated_texan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad