OT: The Avalounge: Potential Serial Killers Talk About Serial Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I have a huge smile on my face and am genuinely so damn happy for you, RL.

Wonderful, my man. Welcome to married life and enjoy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I want to take a moment to review my 2018 (and talk a little bit about the beginning of my 2019).

At this time last year, I was living in a TINY ass room in my best friend's basement, extremely overweight (but we already know how that turned out--I'm literally half the man I used to be), a bit depressed, and just unsure of what I had been doing with my life. I was staring out at 2018 having no idea what was in store for me, yet determined to make a life change.

For the first part of the year I had something of a "text relationship". I would text with someone, they knew I thought they were cute and whatnot, and that I was interested in a relationship. There seemed to be some interest on her behalf too (she would respond, set up a date--only to cancel at the last minute but still talk/reschedule--message me first after a knee surgery, etc). Eventually it fizzled out around March and I was left thinking about the woman I had initially thought of when I decided I was ready to "get back out there" after my 9-year relationship ended. That woman became my wife on 12/31/18.

We had originally planned to get married on 12/31/19, but over the recent Thanksgiving break I asked her "Do you want to get married this NYE?" and when she said "Yes!" we looked in to seeing if it was possible, and as it would happen all of our vendors had 12/31/18 open, and were happy to accommodate us on a switch.

I married my best friend & soulmate on 12/31/18, at an intimate ceremony outdoors (it was freezing), and then parited on the rest of the night. We waited to take our honeymoon until 1/5/19. We decided on a 5-day Western Caribbean cruise, followed by 2 JAM-PACKED days in New Orleans. It was absolutely blissful.
The RockLobster has molted! Seriously though congrats homie, it takes a lot of introspection and willpower to completely turn around your life. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you really snap to reality.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I want to take a moment to review my 2018 (and talk a little bit about the beginning of my 2019).

At this time last year, I was living in a TINY ass room in my best friend's basement, extremely overweight (but we already know how that turned out--I'm literally half the man I used to be), a bit depressed, and just unsure of what I had been doing with my life. I was staring out at 2018 having no idea what was in store for me, yet determined to make a life change.

For the first part of the year I had something of a "text relationship". I would text with someone, they knew I thought they were cute and whatnot, and that I was interested in a relationship. There seemed to be some interest on her behalf too (she would respond, set up a date--only to cancel at the last minute but still talk/reschedule--message me first after a knee surgery, etc). Eventually it fizzled out around March and I was left thinking about the woman I had initially thought of when I decided I was ready to "get back out there" after my 9-year relationship ended. That woman became my wife on 12/31/18.

We had originally planned to get married on 12/31/19, but over the recent Thanksgiving break I asked her "Do you want to get married this NYE?" and when she said "Yes!" we looked in to seeing if it was possible, and as it would happen all of our vendors had 12/31/18 open, and were happy to accommodate us on a switch.

I married my best friend & soulmate on 12/31/18, at an intimate ceremony outdoors (it was freezing), and then parited on the rest of the night. We waited to take our honeymoon until 1/5/19. We decided on a 5-day Western Caribbean cruise, followed by 2 JAM-PACKED days in New Orleans. It was absolutely blissful.

Congrats RL, I wish you and your better half all the joy in the world.

PS

You could say you found your lobster ;)

Reactions: RockLobster

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm about 98.9% sure im sitting across from Ilya Bryzgalov right now or his very similar Russian speaking doppelganger. Guess we both like massages.

Holy shit. They said hi to Ilya. And he cracked a joke!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm about 98.9% sure im sitting across from Ilya Bryzgalov right now or his very similar Russian speaking doppelganger. Guess we both like massages.

Holy ****. They said hi to Ilya. And he cracked a joke!
Give him abuse for the 2014 playoffs for me, thx xxx

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The wife’s out of town for the weekend and I have nothing on the docket apart from playing some beer league hockey on Sunday. I’m legitimately lost as to what I should spend my time doing.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I've started to absolutely hate eating because of the immediate and constant crash I get afterwards. Wipes me out for at least an hour.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What are you eating and how often? Should be changing something if that happens.
Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 meals a day, last one usually around 6 or 7pm. It's something that's always happened but it's getting worse as I get older to the point that it's affecting my day to day life.

I've always been a sugar and carb fiend, so I'm starting to cut those out more and more to see if that will help. Especially since it's usually always around supper that it happens and not breakfast or lunch.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 meals a day, last one usually around 6 or 7pm. It's something that's always happened but it's getting worse as I get older to the point that it's affecting my day to day life.

I've always been a sugar and carb fiend, so I'm starting to cut those out more and more to see if that will help. Especially since it's usually always around supper that it happens and not breakfast or lunch.
Huh... Spread it out if they're very big meals. That obviously shouldn't be happening regularly. Also, if you haven't, look into glycemic index. And unless you know what's coming, don't drop carbs directly from very high to very low.

Reactions: Foppberg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Try adding in a high protein shake between one of those meals and see if it helps you maintain a more steady energy level throughout the day.

Also try rebalancing your dinners based on what you eat. Most people are carb heavy, which can be fine but some people get really satiated from it. More healthy fats might be a bit better.

One other consideration is if you're getting sufficient water during the day.

My brother has weird digestive issues we've been working through and he's noticed he can't eat after around 8 or he feels like garbage. Also has to avoid high grease foods for dinner and acidic stuff minimized.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Try adding in a high protein shake between one of those meals and see if it helps you maintain a more steady energy level throughout the day.

Also try rebalancing your dinners based on what you eat. Most people are carb heavy, which can be fine but some people get really satiated from it. More healthy fats might be a bit better.

One other consideration is if you're getting sufficient water during the day.

My brother has weird digestive issues we've been working through and he's noticed he can't eat after around 8 or he feels like garbage. Also has to avoid high grease foods for dinner and acidic stuff minimized.
I usually do have a protein shake somewhere in the day, it's not so much about energy through the day but more as soon as I eat supper it's a guarantee that I'll need an hour nap like a half hour after I eat. I get plenty of water too, I'd say I get a pretty balanced diet. The only thing I can think of is I usually have some kind of pasta/rice with chicken/protein and veggies with quite a bit of heat to it. I love spicy food. So maybe it's the spice or carbs?

I've mentioned it to my doctor, he just brushed it off as that's your digestive system working. But I really don't think it's normal to basically get knocked out as soon as I finish eating.

One thing I might try is to change my workouts to right after I eat supper, maybe subbing out sitting/relaxing for exercise might help keep my body from getting into that state? No idea, but it's incredibly frustrating.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I usually do have a protein shake somewhere in the day, it's not so much about energy through the day but more as soon as I eat supper it's a guarantee that I'll need an hour nap like a half hour after I eat. I get plenty of water too, I'd say I get a pretty balanced diet. The only thing I can think of is I usually have some kind of pasta/rice with chicken/protein and veggies with quite a bit of heat to it. I love spicy food. So maybe it's the spice or carbs?

I've mentioned it to my doctor, he just brushed it off as that's your digestive system working. But I really don't think it's normal to basically get knocked out as soon as I finish eating.

One thing I might try is to change my workouts to right after I eat supper, maybe subbing out sitting/relaxing for exercise might help keep my body from getting into that state? No idea, but it's incredibly frustrating.
Definitely don't drop spices. Many spices have anti-inflammatory benefits, they help with satiation and can help regulate blood sugar levels. Altogether, I'd look at foods that have that effect on blood sugar, since you probably don't want it peaking and slumping throughout the day with what's going on.

Also, I'd think about subbing some of the carbs for healthy fats from like nuts and avocados or other. I don't know if that would have any real effect but the key is, people react differently to diets and if something's not working, look at switching something up. And keep switching things up if you need to. There's a million things you can change up to see if it feels better for you. What do you eat in the morning for example? You might want to try going high-carb but slow carb at breakfast, or perhaps some eggs would work better for protein and fats. Try working with carb timings.

Anyway, that's just some of the stuff I can think of, since I can really eat whatever and how much I want, whenever I want. I'm already dreading the day this all changes, but maybe then I can actually start eating healthy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Definitely don't drop spices. Many spices have anti-inflammatory benefits, they help with satiation and can help regulate blood sugar levels. Altogether, I'd look at foods that have that effect on blood sugar, since you probably don't want it peaking and slumping throughout the day with what's going on.

Also, I'd think about subbing some of the carbs for healthy fats from like nuts and avocados or other. I don't know if that would have any real effect but the key is, people react differently to diets and if something's not working, look at switching something up. And keep switching things up if you need to. There's a million things you can change up to see if it feels better for you. What do you eat in the morning for example? You might want to try going high-carb but slow carb at breakfast, or perhaps some eggs would work better for protein and fats. Try working with carb timings.

Anyway, that's just some of the stuff I can think of, since I can really eat whatever and how much I want, whenever I want. I'm already dreading the day this all changes, but maybe then I can actually start eating healthy.

In the morning I usually have an omelette or oatmeal w/banana & peanut butter, so pretty fat/protein heavy and not many carbs.

One thing I've thought of is that for 90% of my life I've been an absolute chocolate fiend, and I feel way better when I have it. So maybe my bodies still adjusting from always having it to rarely having it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
In the morning I usually have an omelette or oatmeal, so pretty fat/protein heavy and not many carbs.

One thing I've thought of is that for 90% of my life I've been an absolute chocolate fiend, and I feel way better when I have it. So maybe my bodies still adjusting from always having it to rarely having it.
I mean yeah, if you've got a sizable carb cut already under way, that'll happen. Sounds like you're just craving for sugar. Just keep sugar off and it'll go away after a while. Sugar is very difficult to cut off and if you've got a sugar habit, your body will aggressively crave it. Trust me, I know. Drink lots of water.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Sugar crash could be a good bet. Av Lounge diagnostic unit at work here!

Heathy fats sounds ideal. Use some olive oil in cooking, avocado, light bit of cheese and you can have a couple pieces of dark chocolate at night with milk. Also try adding more fish into your diet like Salmon.

One other consideration is subbing out carbs once in awhile for a veggie heavy alternative like Cauliflower rice, zucchini and carrot pasta, etc.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah I usually always cook with avocado oil, it's my go to. The only thing with the sugar thing is that the last time I touched any sweets was on New Years Eve, so it's been a few weeks now without any chocolate and I really don't have cravings for it. I guess I'll just experiment for awhile and see what helps.

My cousin is a dietician so maybe I'll give her a call sometime if I still can't figure this out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->