Not open for further replies.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Is Sherm like the cool uncle that shows up once every 5 years with all the toys for the nieces and nephews? That's the vibe I'm getting.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Is Sherm like the cool uncle that shows up once every 5 years with all the toys for the nieces and nephews? That's the vibe I'm getting.
Yeah, like what's that corny old-timey show where the main character walks in the room or the bar or whatever and they all shout his name.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It might seem trivial to some of you, but this year my goal is to hit 2.5 miles in 20 minutes on the treadmill. I've never really been able to sustain a pace like that.

Every day I push closer and closer. Lately I can do 0.65-0.75 miles in 6 minutes without a break. Inching closer and closer to a full mile jog in 8. When I was in highschool I couldn't even do that in 12 minutes.

Reactions: Foppberg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I want to take a moment to review my 2018 (and talk a little bit about the beginning of my 2019).

At this time last year, I was living in a TINY ass room in my best friend's basement, extremely overweight (but we already know how that turned out--I'm literally half the man I used to be), a bit depressed, and just unsure of what I had been doing with my life. I was staring out at 2018 having no idea what was in store for me, yet determined to make a life change.

For the first part of the year I had something of a "text relationship". I would text with someone, they knew I thought they were cute and whatnot, and that I was interested in a relationship. There seemed to be some interest on her behalf too (she would respond, set up a date--only to cancel at the last minute but still talk/reschedule--message me first after a knee surgery, etc). Eventually it fizzled out around March and I was left thinking about the woman I had initially thought of when I decided I was ready to "get back out there" after my 9-year relationship ended. That woman became my wife on 12/31/18.

We had originally planned to get married on 12/31/19, but over the recent Thanksgiving break I asked her "Do you want to get married this NYE?" and when she said "Yes!" we looked in to seeing if it was possible, and as it would happen all of our vendors had 12/31/18 open, and were happy to accommodate us on a switch.

I married my best friend & soulmate on 12/31/18, at an intimate ceremony outdoors (it was freezing), and then parited on the rest of the night. We waited to take our honeymoon until 1/5/19. We decided on a 5-day Western Caribbean cruise, followed by 2 JAM-PACKED days in New Orleans. It was absolutely blissful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->