OT: The Avalounge: No Politics in the Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Does anyone have any insight as to who gets their name on the cup? For example:

Those on LTIR?
Those who only played a handful of games?
Taxi squad?
Backup goalies who never played but suited up?
Those who were traded away at the deadline?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Does anyone have any insight as to who gets their name on the cup? For example:

Those on LTIR?
Those who only played a handful of games?
Taxi squad?
Backup goalies who never played but suited up?
Those who were traded away at the deadline?
Currently, to qualify for automatic engraving, a player:
  1. Must have played, or have dressed as the backup goaltender, for at least half of the championship team's regular season games. OR:
  2. Must have played, or have dressed as the backup goaltender, for at least one game of the Stanley Cup Finals for the championship team, AND:
  3. Must be on the roster when the team wins the Stanley Cup.
However, since 1994 teams have been permitted to petition the NHL Commissioner, to be considered on a case-by-case basis, to engrave a player's name on the cup if the player was unavailable to play due to "extenuating circumstances".[70] For example, the Detroit Red Wings received special permission from the NHL to inscribe the name of Vladimir Konstantinov, whose career ended after a car accident on June 13, 1997, on the Stanley Cup after Detroit defended their title in 1998.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't remember if I posted this once already but I'd like to thank @UncleRisto's NHL soundtrack polls last year since they put me on to the rest of Enter Shikari's discography after I inexplicably stopped after their first album which I enjoyed a lot at the time

GET ME THE MANAGER

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't remember if I posted this once already but I'd like to thank @UncleRisto's NHL soundtrack polls last year since they put me on to the rest of Enter Shikari's discography after I inexplicably stopped after their first album which I enjoyed a lot at the time

GET ME THE MANAGER

Oh yeah, you did actually. Which album do you like the best? I haven't really gotten into their discography.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh yeah, you did actually. Which album do you like the best? I haven't really gotten into their discography.
I couldn't decide. They're all wild and they're all different. The answer would depend on which day it was. I am currently listening to this live album

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Spotify completely played themselves with the new jumbled library update. Unsubbed from all podcasts expect JRE and a couple inactive ones I sometimes relisten, and moved podcasts to a different app.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So I'm just now getting to tonight's game and have thus far remained free of spoilers including scores goals what have you. But I am celebrating in style...some of Alaska finest grown. There's a play a little before the 2 minute marker in the first where Graves chips the puck to Newhook who rushes down ice in the middle, chips it to Nuke on the left who FLIES through the NZ and gives it back to Newhook between the circles. Newhook didn't really get much of a chance on it but I just imagined the mental dialogue going through their minds....

Alex: Hot damn the play is fast. We've gotta find a way to capitalize on that.

Nuke: This fun.....CHOOOOOOOO!!!!! CHHHOOOOOO!!!!!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So I'm just now getting to tonight's game and have thus far remained free of spoilers including scores goals what have you. But I am celebrating in style...some of Alaska finest grown. There's a play a little before the 2 minute marker in the first where Graves chips the puck to Newhook who rushes down ice in the middle, chips it to Nuke on the left who FLIES through the NZ and gives it back to Newhook between the circles. Newhook didn't really get much of a chance on it but I just imagined the mental dialogue going through their minds....

Alex: Hot damn the play is fast. We've gotta find a way to capitalize on that.

Nuke: This fun.....CHOOOOOOOO!!!!! CHHHOOOOOO!!!!!

[edit...I beg of you fine people, footpads, finatics...and yes...you too @Nihiliste, please do me the favor of using spoiler tags if referencing the game tonight. This is one of the very few threads I dare click on while watching.]

[edit 2...I see the cannabis is working...good, gooooooddddd...Seriously though, sorry about the double post when I was trying to edit.]

[edit 3....the purchase reference in edit 2 proved to be very good. I originally posted with 2 minutes left in the fist. It's at 8:13 of the second. The Avs now have the dreaded 6 goal lead and somehow I swear to god Peter McNab just said JT Compher had a hat trick. I've rewatched the goal three times now and I just don't get in what f***ing universe I exist.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppa2118 and 5280

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
[edit...I beg of you fine people, footpads, finatics...and yes...you too @Nihiliste, please do me the favor of using spoiler tags if referencing the game tonight. This is one of the very few threads I dare click on while watching.]

[edit 2...I see the cannabis is working...good, gooooooddddd...Seriously though, sorry about the double post when I was trying to edit.]

[edit 3....the purchase reference in edit 2 proved to be very good. I originally posted with 2 minutes left in the fist. It's at 8:13 of the second. The Avs now have the dreaded 6 goal lead and somehow I swear to god Peter McNab just said JT Compher had a hat trick. I've rewatched the goal three times now and I just don't get in what f***ing universe I exist.]

You should do game recaps like this every game. Call it An Ex-Pat Texan's Journey To Figure Out What The f*** Is Going On In This Game.

Filled with dozens of edits where you think you hallucinated a JT Compher hat trick and then realize it actually happened. :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Getting a tattoo yo, want to put @JWK on it but Twitter won’t give me the @ so I need other ideas

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Getting a tattoo yo, want to put @JWK on it but Twitter won’t give me the @ so I need other ideas

You can always send me 1 billion bit coins, a jar of unopened Deadmarsh Deli Dills Kosher Halves, a signed autograph personalized to me, and a picture of you laying prostrate before a shrubbery begging for the twitter handle....and then, only then might I consider relinquishing it.

Reactions: JWK

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Hi guys, not sure if I'm on the right thread but wanted to know if there was a way to get the Avs aluminum beer cup from Ball arena boy they look awesome :( I can't find anything on the Ballarena website well I can only find those with the Ball logo.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Hi guys, not sure if I'm on the right thread but wanted to know if there was a way to get the Avs aluminum beer cup from Ball arena boy they look awesome :( I can't find anything on the Ballarena website well I can only find those with the Ball logo.
I got mine at a official watch party 2 playoffs ago. They had a big wheel to spin. The other prizes we're a T shirt, a hat, pompom, a lanyard and a bottle opener key chain. I would've been pissed if I got they lanyard or pompom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad