OT: The Avalounge: No Politics in the Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
how did they play? I missed the game. I was drinking beers and playing WWE 2K lmao
Rapids scored a beautiful goal and were great defensively. Whitecaps barely created anything, really nice contrast for us since we allowed 3 goals to an expansion team in one half last week.

Reactions: BrickNHL

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Rapids scored a beautiful goal and were great defensively. Whitecaps barely created anything, really nice contrast for us since we allowed 3 goals to an expansion team in one half last week.

I'm really concerned about the Caps' midfield situation. They have a bunch of guys who are decent defensively but that is it. No creativity at all.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Knicks have now officially guaranteed themselves a spot in the postseason for just the second time since 9/11 & with only 3 matches left, Union is 17 points clear of relegation in our first-ever Bundesliga season...so all that's left for me as a sport's fan this season is for the Avs to win the cup...
Post about the Avalanche, m8

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lads I need your help on which way I should go with this? So I need a favour from someone, someone who's agreed with the implications of the favour in the past, however, I haven't talked/messaged to this person for about a year. I still have the person's email and phone number, but I am not sure if I should send them a professional email first, a text first, or something else? I am thinking email because the person could've deleted my num off of their phone, but I also think an email is a perfect way to avoid someone though and just discard it as rubbish/junk. What are your thoughts?

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Lads I need your help on which way I should go with this? So I need a favour from someone, someone who's agreed with the implications of the favour in the past, however, I haven't talked/messaged to this person for about a year. I still have the person's email and phone number, but I am not sure if I should send them a professional email first, a text first, or something else? I am thinking email because the person could've deleted my num off of their phone, but I also think an email is a perfect way to avoid someone though and just discard it as rubbish/junk. What are your thoughts?
Email first, then follow it up with a text if they don't get back to you within a week. Remind them of who you are in both the email and the text, if necessary, just in case they deleted your number.

Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Post about the Avalanche, m8

I'll start during the playoffs...but this insane Knicks run to the 4th seed gets first dibs on my viewing time. That team has had 1 "good" season in the past 20 years...which culminated in a 2nd round thrashing. So even though these knicks have a bunch of picks, young talent, and an unexpected superstar just entering his prime; there are no promises that they'll be this good again in my lifetime.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I'll start during the playoffs...but this insane Knicks run to the 4th seed gets first dibs on my viewing time. That team has had 1 "good" season in the past 20 years...which culminated in a 2nd round thrashing. So even though these knicks have a bunch of picks, young talent, and an unexpected superstar just entering his prime; there are no promises that they'll be this good again in my lifetime.
Bandwagonner!!!
upload_2021-5-5_11-1-42.jpeg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: cgf

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Does anyone have plans to attend the PO games if they can?

I'm fully vaccinated now but my finances likely won't allow me to go. Not that I would anyway since I'm still staying socially isolated but that's not a condemnation of others that would attend the PO games in a responsible manner.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I'm fully vaccinated now but my finances likely won't allow me to go. Not that I would anyway since I'm still staying socially isolated but that's not a condemnation of others that would attend the PO games in a responsible manner.

Also vaccinated here... I'll be at a few in Florida. Will try to catch a couple with the Avs.

Reactions: flyfysher

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I looked into it, my rep said that with the limited capacity only STH members can have a prayer of getting in the door... and I didn't buy a package for this year so I'm out in the cold. Maybe if capacity goes up I might have a shot.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I looked into it, my rep said that with the limited capacity only STH members can have a prayer of getting in the door... and I didn't buy a package for this year so I'm out in the cold. Maybe if capacity goes up I might have a shot.

It'd be nice to have some of the die hard Avs board members going to the games. Good luck to you in getting the opportunity.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm hoping I can get to some... But I imagine it will be nearly impossible.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I read this as "my fiancés" and was like daaamn you got more than one?

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
With how good the avs have gotten, can you blame me for tuning out?

I just miss the good ol' Zanon & Hunnybunny days. When you knew that no matter what our young stars did, we could all come together & b**** about Sacco after the game.

139917879_10169102270162037_488428778863277572_n.jpg
Haha! Those were some dark days, I can’t believe I’m still a fan and didn’t jump out a window. Turns out we are finally good and I’ve probably missed 3/4 of the games. I probably saw 9/10 of the Sacco games. C’est la vie

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It'd be nice to have some of the die hard Avs board members going to the games. Good luck to you in getting the opportunity.
Yeah, now that I'm vaxxed up I was looking forward to getting back to games again, but it looks like next season is going to be the first chance I get. Secondary ticket markets are outrageous.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, now that I'm vaxxed up I was looking forward to getting back to games again, but it looks like next season is going to be the first chance I get. Secondary ticket markets are outrageous.

Thank God for the Internet.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haha! Those were some dark days, I can’t believe I’m still a fan and didn’t jump out a window. Turns out we are finally good and I’ve probably missed 3/4 of the games. I probably saw 9/10 of the Sacco games. C’est la vie

Samesies, thus why I felt compelled to add the quote in that spoiler :laugh:

Reactions: 5280
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad