OT: The Avalounge: No Homers Club

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Paul Walker made terrible music.

Lol, nice comeback, 9/10.

So for the ladies and gentlemen here I need some girl advice from you lot, I've been texting this girl the last couple of weeks and thus far it hasn't been too bad. She's actually texted me what my age was, what I want to do, and all those important questions straight up (hopefully) signalling that she is somewhat interested (my guess, might be completely wrong). However, I must admit that lately she hasn't been texting me often and I seem to be the one initiating the conversation more. She seems like she's really busy which is fine, but anyways I asked her to lunch and she said "sure, if I am not busy". Nonetheless, when I was trying to set things up she said she got sick the day before, but she also said "maybe we can hangout next weekend?". Now I don't know if I should take that as a flaky response because I am not getting optimistic vibes.

What are you guys' thoughts concerning this?

could be that she’s irritated you haven’t been more aggressive in securing a date and she’s lost interest, could be that she’s lonely and messaging fills a void but she has no romantic feelings for you, or could be she’s just awkward. Definitely gotta get some face to face to truly gauge where things are at. Good luck!

Reactions: MarkT

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
could be that she’s irritated you haven’t been more aggressive in securing a date and she’s lost interest, could be that she’s lonely and messaging fills a void but she has no romantic feelings for you, or could be she’s just awkward. Definitely gotta get some face to face to truly gauge where things are at. Good luck!
Thanks, I will say is she's shy and reserved so perhaps she's scared and bailed out because of it (she talks to me the most at work though - that could be because I text her the most). But she keeps texting to keep the conservation going, however, as you said it could be just to fill a void.

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
Thanks, I will say is she's shy and reserved so perhaps she's scared and bailed out because of it (she talks to me the most at work though - that could be because I text her the most). But she keeps texting to keep the conservation going, however, as you said it could be just to fill a void.
. Dont waste your time move on. If she was interested you would know by now and would have been on at least one date.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Anyone play NHL 20 online? I just got the game and I've played a few games now online and they were pretty much unplayable. Just awful.

I don't really understand. I have strong connection to my network according to the PS4.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Anyone play NHL 20 online? I just got the game and I've played a few games now online and they were pretty much unplayable. Just awful.

I don't really understand. I have strong connection to my network according to the PS4.

How's is it ? I heard good things but is it worth is to buy it ?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
How's is it ? I heard good things but is it worth is to buy it ?

It's alright if you stay offline. It feels pretty much the same as it has for several years now although I noticed the skating mechanics have improved since I last owned a copy. Especially with the players' first few steps.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica

give us an update! Give us the deets. Did you put a move on her?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
A good thing to do in that case would be just to go all out. If people don't call today, fine. But text her some kind of serious love message. "I really like you, want to get to know you more..." If she rejects you, move on to the next one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
give us an update! Give us the deets. Did you put a move on her?
I move around locations a lot so I won't see her until later in the week. I'll keep you lot updated though!
A good thing to do in that case would be just to go all out. If people don't call today, fine. But text her some kind of serious love message. "I really like you, want to get to know you more..." If she rejects you, move on to the next one.
You know, I think I want to ask her in person first and if she's flaky then I will consider going all out while being chill.

Or I can be this...

Reactions: Avsboy

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
You know, I think I want to ask her in person first and if she's flaky then I will consider going all out while being chill.

EDITED PIC (because I don't want Smiley having a headache)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah when you get older you wish you had bigger balls when you were younger. Just go for it. YOLO and there’s plenty of women out there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Paul Walker made terrible music.

Lol, nice comeback, 9/10.

So for the ladies and gentlemen here I need some girl advice from you lot, I've been texting this girl the last couple of weeks and thus far it hasn't been too bad. She's actually texted me what my age was, what I want to do, and all those important questions straight up (hopefully) signalling that she is somewhat interested (my guess, might be completely wrong). However, I must admit that lately she hasn't been texting me often and I seem to be the one initiating the conversation more. She seems like she's really busy which is fine, but anyways I asked her to lunch and she said "sure, if I am not busy". Nonetheless, when I was trying to set things up she said she got sick the day before, but she also said "maybe we can hangout next weekend?". Now I don't know if I should take that as a flaky response because I am not getting optimistic vibes.

What are you guys' thoughts concerning this?

Most of the time, lunch dates are a straight line to the “friend zone”. And absent of a specific time to “hangout next week”, I don’t see that as anything other than a line to keep you interested.

Setting specific times sets expectations, it means that she either has to accept or admit that she’s not that interested. I had a similar situation with the woman I was texting back and forth with before she just straight read & ignored my last message to her...which was making it clear that I was asking her on a date. After that I moved on, a couple of weeks later I asked out my now-wife on our first date.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The Swedish band Orbit Culture pushing limits... it's a different wtf experience.

"Nensha"

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Most of the time, lunch dates are a straight line to the “friend zone”. And absent of a specific time to “hangout next week”, I don’t see that as anything other than a line to keep you interested.

Setting specific times sets expectations, it means that she either has to accept or admit that she’s not that interested. I had a similar situation with the woman I was texting back and forth with before she just straight read & ignored my last message to her...which was making it clear that I was asking her on a date. After that I moved on, a couple of weeks later I asked out my now-wife on our first date.
Eh, you just have to set the tone going in IMO. I've been on a few lunch dates the past year or so and it was usually 50/50 on if it turned into anything or not, which in the dating world isn't horrible. It's simple enough where you can get the vibe of the person enough to see if there's something there or not, and it doesn't break the bank if it doesn't.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
EDITED PIC (because I don't want Smiley having a headache)

giphy.gif
Well you still get a like due to the Parks and Rec reference.

Just ask her out, no sense in tap dancing around it.

Although I'm pretty no nonsense, especially after tap dancing all through my earlier days.
Yeah when you get older you wish you had bigger balls when you were younger. Just go for it. YOLO and there’s plenty of women out there.
I mean I already did via text (which she said sure) and as I said in the op, she said she got sick. If she didn't like me, wouldn't it be common sense to say no here?

Eh, you just have to set the tone going in IMO. I've been on a few lunch dates the past year or so and it was usually 50/50 on if it turned into anything or not, which in the dating world isn't horrible. It's simple enough where you can get the vibe of the person enough to see if there's something there or not, and it doesn't break the bank if it doesn't.
Thanks RL, I definitely plan on setting an exact time when I see her next time. So for me its just a first date and I didn't really want to scare her off going balls to the wall and uncovering the Ferrari and taking her to a place that demands you to wear a jacket. Now if that's better for long-term success, then hell yeah I would rather do that. I was thinking of coffee instead or a brunch place with a walk since she's told me she likes to hike.

Also I think she said "maybe next week" because she doesn't know my plans. Again, I am an idiot with this stuff so you probably know more about the situation. What are your guys' suggestions?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad