OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I find this post a fascinating insight into American workplace standards.
Construction sites are different than most other jobs, when it comes to sick days, injuries, etc.

As Bubba said, construction works a little differently than most work... unless it is union work. Which is rare these days and is a whole different ballgame.

I am basically a contractor to the company I work for. They work with the clients and the government to get me work. When I cannot fulfill my contract (due to injury, weather, whatever else) I don't get paid. Simple as that. It sucks but there aren't many other options in my field.

If I was an employee of the company itself I'd be eligible for different benefits. Including paid sick/injury and vacation days.

To be fair my company is talking about compensating me for the injury if it extends past this week which is nice and not required by them.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The only regulars from my time really following the Avalanche I missed were 38 and 45, the former I couldn't believe left the team so long ago and the latter I, well, I'd given up by that point.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Ice-cream cake is a bit too much isn't it? It's not as good as cake or ice-cream. It's just a giant blob of ice-cream with frosting and whatever other crap to hold it together. I had to have salty crackers after and it was so sweet that the crackers didn't even taste salty.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Day three of being out of work due to my injury... god I hate sitting around doing nothing so much. I'm going to force myself to go back to work despite my shoulder not feeling 100% yet.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I had to re-plumb my bathroom sink yesterday.
The slip nuts at both ends had corroded, and the whole assembly basically fell apart...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Your cat is a little angry. It needs to be happy, like mine.
c0vankh.jpg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm currently 2 weeks into my beard journey, first time attempting it and I want to shave it off so bad but at the same time I do not. I got some good growth going on so I think it could have nice potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad