OT: The Avalounge: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes (Turn and Face the Strange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Any nutritionally educated people here familiar with a Ketogenic Diet?

I've been attempting it for the last couple of weeks. I've done "low carb" before but this is my first time attempting Keto. It's good for fat loss and all but I'm noticing my muscles are looking really flat which is turning me off. I'm going as hard at the gym as ever but that fullness I'm used to carrying around is deflated.

Also I'm feeling sluggish when I play hockey since I'm not having my typical pre-skate carb meal.

Basically I'm wondering are there any shortcuts I could take to get my hockey explosiveness and muscle fullness back to normal or am I just going to have to eat carbs again?
foodchain-simpsons.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Add me on snapchat
I don't have snapchat.

(To preclude the next post, I don't have a data plan, I don't want snapchat, and it'd be a bit pointless if I just snapped things I can from where I'm sitting right now, which is what would happen)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children."

Anything you want to tell us, Stevetenko?

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.

I saw this on The Tweeter and are these not absolutely terrible seats or do you guys actually like watching the game from ice level?

I've got season tickets for the PG Cougars, second row back from the visitors penalty box. There are six seats in our row, and we've got the center two. You have to watch through about 8 panes of glass to see either end, and if you sit in the other four seats you can't see anything. But hearing teenagers in the box chirping each other, especially when they are both drafted, can be pretty entertaining.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That's just like, your opinion man.

My dog's DNA results are in. Not at all a husky, but totally not complaining. After 2 months together she's become a beauty, knows most of her basic commands and has a perfect recall ability off leash in a big fenced in yard.

Can't wait to see what another 2 months does.

https://embarkvet.com/dog/dakota30
Dakota is adorable! I'm so glad to hear that she's getting better. Those first few puppy months can be such a pain, but it is all worth it in the end.

Cool website too. 21% Chow is not something I expected based on the photos you've posted.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah that's a really cool site, what do you have to do? Get blood drawn and then send it off to them or..?

Though couldn't your vet do this if you requested it?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I ordered a pizza before the Duchene trade dropped an totally forgot about it. It's almost been two hours and it hasn't come yet.... I guess I should call now.

EDIT: Two hours and 10 minutes since I ordered the pizza. Called right after the game ended and got the typical, "we got slammed. We only have one driver. It's on it's way." stuff. This is easily the longest I've ever waited for a freaking pizza. I should have just cooked...

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppberg

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Pizza finally came 2 hours and 30 minutes after I ordered it. Soggy and cold as expected.

I called and they credited me with a free pizza of any size in the future no questions asked. I would have been pissed if they didn't offer me something.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Thor: Ragnarok was a hell of a lot of fun. Marvel just seems to be effortlessly cranking out good movies, it's a little eerie how they just cannot miss these days.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Well I'm f***ed now. Back from three weeks off and I get injured on the jobsite. My coworker dropped a bunch of wood on me while trying to throw it over my head. I tried to go back to work after the injury but my boss told me that I needed to go home and rest it because he wasn't paying me to work at only 50%.

I really hope it isn't serious. Icing and rest right now. I can't have this be a bad injury.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What do you do again Smiley, construction?
Yeah. Framing and finish work mainly.

After coming back from my Grand Canyon trip I got on the company co-owner's new house. It was a great job to walk on to because we are getting the main framing done now. I'd have guaranteed work through the winter. If my shoulder is injured bad enough that I can't work for a while it might be hard to get on another job that consistent when I'm healed up.

And anything helps Bubba :laugh:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Thor: Ragnarok was a hell of a lot of fun. Marvel just seems to be effortlessly cranking out good movies, it's a little eerie how they just cannot miss these days.
The Thor movies have the dubious honor of having the most under and overrated movies of the entire MCU

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Well I'm ****ed now. Back from three weeks off and I get injured on the jobsite. My coworker dropped a bunch of wood on me while trying to throw it over my head. I tried to go back to work after the injury but my boss told me that I needed to go home and rest it because he wasn't paying me to work at only 50%.

I really hope it isn't serious. Icing and rest right now. I can't have this be a bad injury.
I find this post a fascinating insight into American workplace standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->