Speculation: The Athletic: NHL Trade Deadline Big Board: Clayton Keller #6

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
So what would HFBoarders offer for Clayton Keller?

From Montreal's perspective I'd offer Armia, 2021 1st, Tampa's 2021 2nd and Guhle - caveat is that they would have to take Byron to make the cap work.

Other than Eichel, there is probably not a better player on the market for Montreal to trade for. Suzuki is 21, Kotkaniemi is 20, Romanov is 21, Caufield is 20.

Reasonably I don't think this happens, though. Gallagher/Caufield/Anderson/Toffoli are the RW for the foreseeable future.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
From Montreal's perspective I'd offer Armia, 2021 1st, Tampa's 2021 2nd and Guhle - caveat is that they would have to take Byron to make the cap work.

Other than Eichel, there is probably not a better player on the market for Montreal to trade for. Suzuki is 21, Kotkaniemi is 20, Romanov is 21, Caufield is 20.

Reasonably I don't think this happens, though. Gallagher/Caufield/Anderson/Toffoli are the RW for the foreseeable future.
I would absolutely do this deal. Also, Keller has played a lot more LW than RW in his career.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
IF Domi wanted to re-sign with us, I'd be all over that. Texier + Foudy + 1st would also be something I'd take in a heartbeat. Keller is great and I'm not sure I want to trade him but if we can get high potential players back like Texier or someone like Kyrou then it's worth it.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
NJ needs a scoring winger in a huge way . Age fits perfectly with their core with Hughes Nico Smith etc.
What (if anything ) would the Yotes want from the Devils for Keller ?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
NJ needs a scoring winger in a huge way . Age fits perfectly with their core with Hughes Nico Smith etc.
What (if anything ) would the Yotes want from the Devils for Keller ?

Maybe some Coyotes fans have a different idea, but I'd be asking for Mercer+

Reactions: Mosby

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Presumably by 2020 1st you DO mean Jarvis, right? Because otherwise that looks like a nice package with a lot of pieces, but most of the pieces just aren't that good.
Looks at prospect rankings, re-reads this. Okay just wanted to verify how far this is off.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Keller is the opposite of a Tortorella player. If CBJ wants him, wait til Torts moves on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad