The Art of Custom Made Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
This is great work. Not sure if you made him already, but the face you used for Brylin would work perfectly for Mogilny IMO.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
This is great work. Not sure if you made him already, but the face you used for Brylin would work perfectly for Mogilny IMO.

I currently have face 48 for Mogilny which I think is pretty good, but I'll check that out. Always open for suggestions/improvements.

Done a few players so far for the Soviet '72 team. Really enjoying it and I think they turned out pretty good. I also made the Soviet jerseys. Originally I was gonna use the Russia national team for this project since those jerseys do look quite smiliar to the Soviet ones but I decided to give the '72 USSR uniforms a try and turns out they can be almost perfectly made, except of course for the CCCP. But the striping patterns are close to 100% accurate.

A couple of players I finished:

Valeri Kharlamov
Pv741g2.jpg

Vladimir Shadrin
IGr1Azf.jpg

Last edited:

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I currently have face 48 for Mogilny which I think is pretty good, but I'll check that out. Always open for suggestions/improvements.

Done a few players so far for the Soviet '72 team. Really enjoying it and I think they turned out pretty good. I also made the Soviet jerseys. Originally I was gonna use the Russia national team for this project since those jerseys do look quite smiliar to the Soviet ones but I decided to give the '72 USSR uniforms a try and turns out they can be almost perfectly made, except of course for the CCCP. But the striping patterns are close to 100% accurate.

A couple of players I finished:

Valeri Kharlamov
Pv741g2.jpg

Vladimir Shadrin
IGr1Azf.jpg
Awesome Job on Kharlamov he’s looking good right before Bobby Clarke slashed him lol Those jerseys are bang on except for the CCCP text as you mentioned. I’d like to see EA give us the ability to choose the text on jerseys in future games.

Reactions: Jersey47 and jocke7

tinpanalley

Mar 6, 2019
Quebec City
I was told over on OS that some people here may have rosters created for NHL18? I want to buy this program for resigning saves but only if I can get rosters for 17 or 18. Is everyone here purely looking at NHL19 now for custom rosters?

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I was told over on OS that some people here may have rosters created for NHL18? I want to buy this program for resigning saves but only if I can get rosters for 17 or 18. Is everyone here purely looking at NHL19 now for custom rosters?
I have full season rosters for NHL 17 and NHL 18 , but I have no clue how to share them. I heard about save wizard , but that costs 60$ and I don’t know if it works or how I’d even use it.

tinpanalley

Mar 6, 2019
Quebec City
I have full season rosters for NHL 17 and NHL 18 , but I have no clue how to share them. I heard about save wizard , but that costs 60$ and I don’t know if it works or how I’d even use it.
Oh, that sucks. Unfortunate that was is essentially a homebrew application would charge so much. What rosters do you have for 18 out of curiosity?

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden

You don't need save wizard to upload the roster. Just go to settings on your PS4 - and then save data management. in there just copy entire NHL 18 folder to a USB. On the computer, make a zip/rar file of the savedata folder and upload it to a site like mediafire.

Then anyone who wants to download and use the roster would need the save wizard.

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
You don't need save wizard to upload the roster. Just go to settings on your PS4 - and then save data management. in there just copy entire NHL 18 folder to a USB. On the computer, make a zip/rar file of the savedata folder and upload it to a site like mediafire.

Then anyone who wants to download and use the roster would need the save wizard.
Ah, I see I could probably do that although I might still need instructions on how to use mediafire lol I’ll see I already got it backed up on a USB stick so if it is as simple as just uploading it I could do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinpanalley

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Oh, that sucks. Unfortunate that was is essentially a homebrew application would charge so much. What rosters do you have for 18 out of curiosity?
On NHL 18 I have every season from 94-95 to 84-85. They need some work though as jerseys numbers and equipment need editing.If I upload them I’ll probably edit all the goalie equipment myself, but you’ll be on your own for jersey numbers.

I didn’t spend much time on jersey numbers for a few reasons. 1. When you make 10 seasons worth of rosters things get quite tedious so it was just too much for me 2. In play now you can never have jersey numbers completely accurate because retired jersey numbers are locked in and 3. I never expected I’d be sharing it lol

What I usually do is when I start up a season mode I control all 30 Teams and before I play a game with two teams I go to hockey reference and edit their numbers to match that season. Since you can turn retired numbers off in season mode you can get completely accurate numbers there.

Last edited:

tinpanalley

Mar 6, 2019
Quebec City
On NHL 18 I have every season from 94-95 to 84-85.
Is there any chance you have an updated 2018-19 roster?
In any event, I would love to play with your 80s and 90s rosters. That sounds very cool.

Would anyone here who owns Save Wizard be willing to take @grentthealien 's NHL18 and NHL17 saves and make them available to the community?

Last edited:

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
Here's my first 6 created players for the 1972 USSR team. I am currently filling in the spreadsheet with the info. Like Jocke7, I created the team and the jerseys first to see them in their true uniform. Selecting the right uniform was easy, but to find the correct shade of red was very tricky... before anyone complain, the red on the screenshots look much paler than the one I see on my tv screen, which is closer to the real color.

Here's the players, more coming later...

#1 - VIKTOR ZINGER (I wish I could use his real mask....)
RNFetchBlobTmp_0nolvxx4rriab8677fj2gem.jpg

#2 - ALEXANDER GUSEV
RNFetchBlobTmp_mgaqtjjv0usdrr0ejx74r.jpg

#3 - VLADIMIR LUTCHENKO
RNFetchBlobTmp_tcr4xrxqgx01sxtyef4mtp.jpg

#4 - VIKTOR KUZKIN
RNFetchBlobTmp_c9m1hksv6nmvkjy1135t9.jpg

#5 - ALEXANDER RAGULIN
RNFetchBlobTmp_4iqzyupbmvraptfujeru7t.jpg

#13 - BORIS MIKHAILOV
RNFetchBlobTmp_fkf17tqk82jtuddn8ffbxc.jpg

Last edited:

tinpanalley

Mar 6, 2019
Quebec City
Does anyone here have at least one unsigned NHL 17 or 18 roster I can try on my system. Doesn't even matter if it's an incomplete test file. Just something to test?

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Here's my first 6 created players for the 1972 USSR team. I am currently filling in the spreadsheet with the info. Like Jocke7, I created the team and the jerseys first to see them in their true uniform. Selecting the right uniform was easy, but to find the correct shade of red was very tricky... before anyone complain, the red on the screenshots look much paler than the one I see on my tv screen, which is closer to the real color.

Here's the players, more coming later...

#1 - VIKTOR ZINGER (I wish I could use his real mask....)
View attachment 198075

#2 - ALEXANDER GUSEV
View attachment 198077

#3 - VLADIMIR LUTCHENKO
View attachment 198079

#4 - VIKTOR KUZKIN
View attachment 198073

#5 - ALEXANDER RAGULIN
View attachment 198071

#13 - BORIS MIKHAILOVView attachment 198081

Looking good! I've done 8 players so far I think. Will post them tomorrow.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Alright, added these Soviet '72 players to the spreadsheet.

Vladislav Tretiak
YyUjb1G.jpg

Vyacheslav Anisin
Dumwpjw.jpg

Valeri Kharlamov (updated face from previously posted pic)
95cwpvf.jpg

Yuri Liapkin
74sSCSE.jpg

Evgeni Paladiev
yljKoX3.jpg

Vladimir Petrov
YjDWTff.jpg

Vladimir Shadrin
4xFIT9V.jpg

Vladimir Vikulov
fE9TlaJ.jpg

Bonus: Kharlamov in CSKA uniform
CcgK5II.jpg

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Alright, added these Soviet '72 players to the spreadsheet.

Vladislav Tretiak
YyUjb1G.jpg

Vyacheslav Anisin
Dumwpjw.jpg

Valeri Kharlamov (updated face from previously posted pic)
95cwpvf.jpg

Yuri Liapkin
74sSCSE.jpg

Evgeni Paladiev
yljKoX3.jpg

Vladimir Petrov
YjDWTff.jpg

Vladimir Shadrin
4xFIT9V.jpg

Vladimir Vikulov
fE9TlaJ.jpg

Bonus: Kharlamov in CSKA uniform
CcgK5II.jpg
Cool did you actually make a CSKA team? Maybe one day I might try to make the entire Soviet league if I learned about all the players.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Cool did you actually make a CSKA team? Maybe one day I might try to make the entire Soviet league if I learned about all the players.

Yeah, I did those jerseys months ago but never used the team before realizing recently I probably had enough former CSKA players created now to fill it up. I haven't made any other russian/soviet teams but for now I like to use CSKA against NHL teams like the super series games.

It would certainly be cool if you did the entire Soviet league. I might do a couple more teams atleast, like Dynamo Moscow and Krylya Sovetov later on. Dynamo's jerseys shouldn't be too hard to get accurate.

Last edited:

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I have another request if you guys don’t mind. Could someone if they haven’t already make Bobby Orr? I haven’t seen him in this thread or on the spreadsheet. I’m curious about what he’d look like in NHL 19.

Also I must say you guys are the best. I just re-read this entire thread and am amazed by how much you are able to get out of the game. I didn’t think the things you’ve done with EA’s limited creation suite could be done. When I made my rosters faces were an afterthought as I just assumed the tools weren’t there for perfectly accurate faces. I usually just tried to get the faces good enough for recognizable players and fill out the rest of the teams players with generic looking faces. The commitment and attention to detail is just at another level. I’ve been very busy lately , but I’ve got Sapinvert’s spreadsheet bookmarked and I intend to transport those faces into my rosters soon enough it’s very exciting.

Last edited:

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I also just found this guy SnipeNscore productions on YouTube. He made a 98-99 NHL roster that is set up for use in franchise mode. Just thought it might be something you guys would be interested in so you can drop by his channel and give it a look if you feel like it.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
I have another request if you guys don’t mind. Could someone if they haven’t already make Bobby Orr? I haven’t seen him in this thread or on the spreadsheet. I’m curious about what he’d look like in NHL 19.

Also I must say you guys are the best. I just re-read this entire thread and am amazed by how much you are able to get out of the game. I didn’t think the things you’ve done with EA’s limited creation suite could be done. When I made my rosters faces were an afterthought as I just assumed the tools weren’t there for perfectly accurate faces. I usually just tried to get the faces good enough for recognizable players and fill out the rest of the teams players with generic looking faces. The commitment and attention to detail is just at another level. I’ve been very busy lately , but I’ve got Sapinvert’s spreadsheet bookmarked and I intend to transport those faces into my rosters soon enough it’s very exciting.

I made Bobby Orr a while ago. It found it quite difficult to find a good face and hairstyle for him but eventually settled for the young Bobby Orr with the short hairstyle as I couldn't capture his later look very well.

LVoQjNm.jpg

Also did Bobby Hull the other day. Was quite happy with how he turned out. Here in his Winnipeg WHA days:

s87Bbhs.jpg

Yeah I'ts actually quite amazing how many players you can get to look somewhat accurate with this limited creation suite. They're not perfect but many are instantly recognizable when you get the right combination of face, hairstyle, facial hair, equipment and put them in the right jersey with correct jersey number.

I was gonna do the same as you and only bother finding good faces for the more famous players but yet I find myself sometimes spending 20 minutes trying to find the best possible face for a top 6 defenseman of the Hartford Whalers, lol. Probably a bit crazy..

I saw that 98-99 roster video a while ago, really cool stuff. He also recreated stanley cup finals from the past for NHL 18 I remember among others 1991 Pens-North Stars, and 1984 Islanders vs Oilers. I recommend checking those out if you haven't!

EDIT: I'll add Orr and Hull to the spreadsheet later if you want

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I made Bobby Orr a while ago. It found it quite difficult to find a good face and hairstyle for him but eventually settled for the young Bobby Orr with the short hairstyle as I couldn't capture his later look very well.

LVoQjNm.jpg

Also did Bobby Hull the other day. Was quite happy with how he turned out. Here in his Winnipeg WHA days:

s87Bbhs.jpg

Yeah I'ts actually quite amazing how many players you can get to look somewhat accurate with this limited creation suite. They're not perfect but many are instantly recognizable when you get the right combination of face, hairstyle, facial hair, equipment and put them in the right jersey with correct jersey number.

I was gonna do the same as you and only bother finding good faces for the more famous players but yet I find myself sometimes spending 20 minutes trying to find the best possible face for a top 6 defenseman of the Hartford Whalers, lol. Probably a bit crazy..

I saw that 98-99 roster video a while ago, really cool stuff. He also recreated stanley cup finals from the past for NHL 18 I remember among others 1991 Pens-North Stars, and 1984 Islanders vs Oilers. I recommend checking those out if you haven't!

EDIT: I'll add Orr and Hull to the spreadsheet later if you want
Do you have a separate spreadsheet for yourself or do you and Sapinvert share a spreadsheet? Either way I’d definitely appreciate it if you could add Hull and Orr. Bobby Orr is almost like a mythical player to me I never got to see him play, but watching videos of him buzzing up and down the ice on the rush makes me feel like he would’ve been one of my favourite players ever.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Do you have a separate spreadsheet for yourself or do you and Sapinvert share a spreadsheet? Either way I’d definitely appreciate it if you could add Hull and Orr. Bobby Orr is almost like a mythical player to me I never got to see him play, but watching videos of him buzzing up and down the ice on the rush makes me feel like he would’ve been one of my favourite players ever.

No I share the spreadsheet with sapinvert. He's done most players on there, and I have done 20 something + some of the Soviet '72 players.

Sure, I'll add Hull and Orr in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad