Pete Peeters (1980 All Star game)
k5gZPNa.jpg

Vladislav Tretiak (Soviet)
UeDt42R.jpg

Kari Takko (Finland)
xUkRXVS.jpg

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
Those are beautiful Jocke7! Seems to be a theme with goalies using all the same cage... lol. Too bad we can't use all the vintage masks that used to be available in NHL 09-14... like Bernie Parent's, Grant Fuhr's and Billy Smith's (see pics). Anyway, feel free to continue to add players to the spreadsheet... you have done much more than I did. And I really enjoy your posts on Youtube too... those vintage teams rock!

Parent.jpg Fuhr.jpg Smith.jpg

Reactions: Jersey47

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks! Yeah the thing I like about 80's goalies (the ones with the cage anyway) is they have a nice retro look and it's quite easy to get them to look accurate in the game. Would be nice though with the vintage masks for sure. Their absence is the only thing stopping me from creating teams from the 70's. Hopefully they will be back in NHL 20.

Sure, I'll add some more players to the spreadsheet. I did some Devils 1994 players recently that turned out quite nice, among others. Perhaps I can manage a few this weekend.

Glad you like the videos!

flairmark1976

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks! Yeah the thing I like about 80's goalies (the ones with the cage anyway) is they have a nice retro look and it's quite easy to get them to look accurate in the game. Would be nice though with the vintage masks for sure. Their absence is the only thing stopping me from creating teams from the 70's. Hopefully they will be back in NHL 20.

Sure, I'll add some more players to the spreadsheet. I did some Devils 1994 players recently that turned out quite nice, among others. Perhaps I can manage a few this weekend.

Glad you like the videos!
I saw your video of "The Battle of Alberta" . Any plans
to upload a more recent save.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
EA SPORTS Should hire us to create vintage rosters.

I did the 1977 Habs, 1986-87 Habs. 1987 Oilers, 1991 Pens and now working on the 1989 Flames

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Nice! That Lafleur looks good. May I ask what face and hairstyle/color you used? I struggled to find anything decent for him.

Thanks.

What nhl are you using?

Im at work but ill give u the info later today.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Added the following players to the spreadsheet:

Bill Guerin (New Jersey)
nOHoX5G.jpg

Sergei Brylin (New Jersey)
z1zqpx2.jpg

David Legwand (Nashville)
MdU77EJ.jpg

Donald Brashear (Vancouver)
oyAu0mS.jpg

Viacheslav Fetisov (Detroit)
PL98Inr.jpg

Jozef Stumpel (Boston)
t32nRPZ.jpg

Esa Tikkanen (Edmonton)
L8As1GS.jpg

Mike Ricci (San Jose)
ZTFBrvT.jpg

Brad May (Buffalo)
J2xxgN0.jpg

Alexei Kovalev (Rangers)
pZSb4zF.jpg

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Added the following players to the spreadsheet:

Bill Guerin (New Jersey)
nOHoX5G.jpg

Sergei Brylin (New Jersey)
z1zqpx2.jpg

David Legwand (Nashville)
MdU77EJ.jpg

Donald Brashear (Vancouver)
oyAu0mS.jpg

Viacheslav Fetisov (Detroit)
PL98Inr.jpg

Jozef Stumpel (Boston)
t32nRPZ.jpg

Esa Tikkanen (Edmonton)
L8As1GS.jpg

Mike Ricci (San Jose)
ZTFBrvT.jpg

Brad May (Buffalo)
J2xxgN0.jpg

Alexei Kovalev (Rangers)
pZSb4zF.jpg
That Ricci is so on the money it is not even funny.

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
I saw your video of "The Battle of Alberta" . Any plans
to upload a more recent save.

Here is the latest version of my roster:

SAVEDATA

Also I wanted to notify anyone who likes to create historic rosters of this thread:
All-Time Rosters (PS3 + 360)

This guy created thousands of classic players for NHL 14 and I open his save in NHLView and use the ratings for my roster. From what I know they seem pretty accurate. This makes it possible for me to create many players at a somewhat good pace, instead of having to read and do research of every player to get accurate ratings which took forever.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Thanks, yeah I am very happy with how he turned out, especially from that particular angle I took the picture. Not quite as good from other angles to be honest but still one of my favorites players I created.
It really is amazing how spot on you got him considering EA doesn’t give us full customization with faces. Imagine if they actually had a creation suite like NBA2k or MLB the show!

Out of curiosity do you take requests? Would you be willing to try and make the 72 summit series teams? I’ve been meaning to do this since I learned you can take helmets off players, but I haven’t found the time. I’m curious how you’d rate some players especially the ones on the Soviet team.

Reactions: sapinvert

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
It really is amazing how spot on you got him considering EA doesn’t give us full customization with faces. Imagine if they actually had a creation suite like NBA2k or MLB the show!

Out of curiosity do you take requests? Would you be willing to try and make the 72 summit series teams? I’ve been meaning to do this since I learned you can take helmets off players, but I haven’t found the time. I’m curious how you’d rate some players especially the ones on the Soviet team.

I would like that as well. Some players are just impossible to find even remotely accurate faces for, which can be frustrating. Face customization would certainly help!

Regarding the 72 summit series teams I have no knowledge of the players from that time, but that NHL 14 roster I mentioned in my earlier post includes four all decade teams for Soviet (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's). So I would use his ratings for those players if I did create them. I definately recommend checking that out. For now I'll probably focus on finishing the NHL teams and I plan to do 80's/90's all star teams for the top 6 national teams (CAN, USA, RUS, CZE, SWE, FIN). But I might give the summit series a try after that. At the very least I will definately create a few of the biggest stars from the 70's Soviet team, like Kharlamov and Mikhailov, at some point.

In the mean time feel free to request specific players and I'll post a picture and add him to the spreadsheet when I have time.

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016

Creating the '72 Soviet team would be a fun project to work on.... that's something that interests me. Based on a website there would be 30 players to create (see below).

Jocke7, how about we split the task? I can do like the first 15, and you the last 15... and then put the data on the spreadsheet. You already did Tretiak, so you would only need to do 14 others. What do you think?

Reactions: grentthealien

flairmark1976

Jan 23, 2019
Here is the latest version of my roster:

SAVEDATA

Also I wanted to notify anyone who likes to create historic rosters of this thread:
All-Time Rosters (PS3 + 360)

This guy created thousands of classic players for NHL 14 and I open his save in NHLView and use the ratings for my roster. From what I know they seem pretty accurate. This makes it possible for me to create many players at a somewhat good pace, instead of having to read and do research of every player to get accurate ratings which took forever.

Great work on the save. You really outdid yourself!!!
Thanks

jocke7

Jan 24, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
Creating the '72 Soviet team would be a fun project to work on.... that's something that interests me. Based on a website there would be 30 players to create (see below).

Jocke7, how about we split the task? I can do like the first 15, and you the last 15... and then put the data on the spreadsheet. You already did Tretiak, so you would only need to do 14 others. What do you think?

I have to say I like the idea. Let's do it!

Yeah I can do players 16-30. I like the fact that everyone on this team seems to wear the Jofa helmet and several have typical 70's hairstyles which also are available in the creation suite. Should be quite fun.

I'll start creating a few tonight.

sapinvert

Feb 25, 2016
I have to say I like the idea. Let's do it!

Yeah I can do players 16-30. I like the fact that everyone on this team seems to wear the Jofa helmet and several have typical 70's hairstyles which also are available in the creation suite. Should be quite fun.

I'll start creating a few tonight.
Great! Yeah creating them should be fairly easy because of the helmets (all Jofa) and common hairstyles. We just need to find the right face... I've got the spreadsheet all ready. It's the last tab at the end. I'll start my first players tomorrow probably.

Reactions: jocke7

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland

Yes, it would be much appreciated if you guys could put it together. I could then put what you guys come up with in my own game which saves me the work as I’m not good with faces. The only thing we can’t do is a 8 game series although if you discard the tie in game 3 a 7 game series will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad