The Armchair GM Thread - Part XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky-

Aug 2, 2005
I didn't say I agree with 2.5 I do think 1.75 per for 2 years is good but likely it will be around 2. If offered it could be higher.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
PK salary is 3.75 this coming year. I can see Tanev getting north of 2 and I can see an offer sheet possibility.

Tanev is an RFA.

His best comparable: Karl Alzner @ $1,270,000. Alzner played top pairing shutdown minutes.

Tanev will get the Hansen special, 3 years @ ~1.35M.

Rocky-

Aug 2, 2005
Tanev is an RFA.

His best comparable: Karl Alzner @ $1,270,000. Alzner played top pairing shutdown minutes.

Tanev will get the Hansen special, 3 years @ ~1.35M.

I hope your right. I think salaries are too high to begin with.

Dado

Is he trying to make sure he gets an offer sheet from NYR....?

EDIT: I don't see the tweet where he offers anything but his own opinion. Am I looking in the wrong place?

EDIT2: And then he tweets later "not more than $2M". Ok, that's better.

Rocky-

Aug 2, 2005
That's just Zimer's personal opinion. He didn't even say 2.5-3, he said 2-2.5

I was sure I saw 2.5 to 3 but can't find it so I'll correct myself and revise that to 2 to 2.5. We'll have to see where it ends up. I like Tanev's game. I don't see 1.3 closer to 2 my guess but as i said way too much period. So are ticket prices.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
PK salary is 3.75 this coming year. I can see Tanev getting north of 2 and I can see an offer sheet possibility.

Salary is irrelevant to a team like the Habs or Canucks. PK's *cap hit* is $2.875 million this upcoming season.

PK's icetime the season before he signed his current deal = 24 minutes while putting up 36 points (his "rookie year" - he had 22 minutes of icetime & put up 38 points). In 92 NHL games, Tanev has less than a third of that point total while having less than 18 minutes of icetime per game.

I don't see Tanev getting north of $2 million (cap hit). Guys that put up points get paid a premium.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
I'm sensing that with vultures everywhere, we're looking at $2+m... I think there will be lots of deals available this offseason, so if Tanev draws a ridiculous offer (north of $2.15) I'd take the meagre compensation and go put the money elsewhere. It isn't like Gillis could get more for him in a trade...

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
When do players of Tanev's caliber ever get offer sheeted? People need to get that idea out of their heads. In a regular year it's unlikely, but a very slim possibility. In a year where teams are trying to shed cap space, marginally priced players are getting bought out, and there will likely be a surplus of established players available for cheap I just can't see a team giving up picks as well as over paying a #5 defenseman who COULD be capable of stepping into the top 4 this season.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
If we were thinking about a 3C what do you guys think of Fippula I know he might be a big expensive. Or would you rather have Schroeder cause I know we need room for our young guys like Guance, Schroeder and Horvat for center.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
If we were thinking about a 3C what do you guys think of Fippula I know he might be a big expensive. Or would you rather have Schroeder cause I know we need room for our young guys like Guance, Schroeder and Horvat for center.

We pretty much cant afford to spend more than $2.5M on any free agent, and Filppula will likely get $3.5+ mil per year. So that should answer your question.

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
Vancouver should sign Tim Thomas to back up Luongo just so pumping Luongo's tires becomes Thomas's actual job.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
If tanev want's 2.5m, trade him. He is not worth that at all. He is a purely defensive D-man, he will get under 15 points a season, he is worth no more then 2m, and that's being kind

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
- sign Boyd Gordon for 4C. He should be a focus. He is exactly what we need, and covet, in that spot. Perfect Malhotra replacement.
- sign Matt Hendricks and Brandon Yip to play on 4W. Hendricks I've chosen here because he is a blood and guts, heart-and-sould type player, the kind that you NEED on your fourth line if you're gonna go anywhere in the playoffs. I've chosen Yip because he seems like the perfect Gillis signing; local kid, coming off of a couple down years, some offensive upside and potential, and can be had for cheap.
- Yannick Weber is an RHD with some offensive upside to sign for the 6/7D spot, platooning with Corrado.

My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)
Matt Hendricks ($1.250m) / Boyd Gordon ($2.100m) / Brandon Yip ($0.700m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Yannick Weber ($0.900m)
Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /

GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,252,778; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $47,222

Last edited:

Chwc

Sep 6, 2008
Vancouver
on the main board, someone mentioned canucks have contacted the Weiss and Macarthur camp...
adding those 2 would be awesome, nou sure how we fit them under the cap tho

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
on the main board, someone mentioned canucks have contacted the Weiss and Macarthur camp...
adding those 2 would be awesome, nou sure how we fit them under the cap tho

Don't know how we can afford either player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad