OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVIII - The "Dude! Where's my ark" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And the obvious question is how do you know who is vaccinated? Should we walk around with our Vax Cards stuck to our foreheads?

The premise is quite simple.

If you’re vaccinated then the odds are you can’t transmit or be infected to the point you end up in an ICU. Life can go on.

If you aren’t then it’s FAFO for you.

But I mean c’mon. I got both doses of Pfizer but I’m not about to go running up and down a street giving big wet sloppy kisses to everyone who gets within 6 feet of me.

And my iPhone still hasn’t ID’d me as a hot spot either.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Trouble is it’s (as Jakey said) crap. I don’t mind consuming less for quality, to bad the majority have been trained to consume.
What is this even supposed to mean? Trained to consume? It's part of human nature to need to consume things in order to survive, so you're ascribing something ulterior here with regards to "training."

As for the products being crap, don't buy it I guess? I realize and can relate that one gets inundated with stuff of poor quality because the masses still buy it, so it's up to the individual to discern or find experts who can do that for one.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I’ve had Covid, two doses of Pfizer, don’t shop Walmart and still find it nearly impossible to find common goods not made in China.
I do find the idea that Walmart is somehow saving the impoverished hilarious though.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
What is this even supposed to mean? Trained to consume? It's part of human nature to need to consume things in order to survive, so you're ascribing something ulterior here with regards to "training."

As for the products being crap, don't buy it I guess? I realize and can relate that one gets inundated with stuff of poor quality because the masses still buy it, so it's up to the individual to discern or find experts who can do that for one.
I’m guessing you’re a victim, or simply confused by what is required to survive.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I live in a Calvis Wyant home built in 92, it’s not the mansions they build these days but it a nice property. There is an area off the snail like shower with two hooks for hanging towels. The hooks were made by Franklin Brass. Twelve years ago I set out to find an additional hook to hang my wet suite on. Not only could I not find a Franklin Brass hook, I couldn’t even find one made in the States, much less one that was of any quality whatsoever. I kid you not, I made it a quest and came up short - it’s pathetic.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Were you doing that before covid?

Doing what… running around giving everyone I run into wet sloppy kisses?

Looking to hook up or what?? :sarcasm:

BTW… my sister has followed a strict healthy diet for decades. She still got CoVID and ended up in the hospital.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I live in a Calvis Wyant home built in 92, it’s not the mansions they build these days but it a nice property. There is an area off the snail like shower with two hooks for hanging towels. The hooks were made by Franklin Brass. Twelve years ago I set out to find an additional hook to hang my wet suite on. Not only could I not find a Franklin Brass hook, I couldn’t even find one made in the States, much less one that was of any quality whatsoever. I kid you not, I made it a quest and came up short - it’s pathetic.
You're right. If you really look at what you're buying, it's tough to find things not made in China. Many people have no choice but to buy the cheapest items. I started trying to avoid China whenever possible a few years ago. It started with treats for my dog after reading about some recalls. Now I only get USA made food, treats and toys for him. Electronics is the most difficult product imo. I use a Huawei Mate 20X (Chinese company) phone because I love the 7.2" screen. I had to use a program I found on the net to hack it and get Google aps because Huawei is banned here. I recently cracked the screen for a second time (super expensive to replace) and have been looking for a new phone. Are there any damn phones not made in China? Seems there would be a demand for a USA made phone even if people had to pay more as long as it was a quality product. I can't believe no company has tried to make that work considering how essential a phone is now.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Doing what… running around giving everyone I run into wet sloppy kisses?

Looking to hook up or what?? :sarcasm:

BTW… my sister has followed a strict healthy diet for decades. She still got CoVID and ended up in the hospital.
I was just joking. I don't even want to get into the Covid discussion any more. We aren't going to change each other's views anyway and the internet only tough guys here start being dicks and it's pointless to get pissed at some anonymous person I'll never meet. Hope your sister is ok now.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There will and should always be cheap items available. My point is that most people could afford to pay more for quality, if they didn’t think they need, or hadn’t been trained by marketing/advertising to think they need everything under the sun.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
@Coyotedroppings @Canis Latrans

Much consumption occurs because of peer pressure and societal expectations. In America today, most "poor" will own a smartphone, have a cell plan, streaming services, large screen TV, might own a car, consume sufficient calories, and have all of their NEEDS met. I lived under the official poverty level for many years while raising 2 kids. While we didn't take lavish vacations, drive a late model luxury car, or collect swiss watches, we didn't want for much. I didn't FEEL poor. Many of the World's poor would look at America and be astounded by what we consider poverty.

That said, some people are truly poor. One of the charities I donate to provides food to kids. I can't imagine living day to day feeling hungry and wondering if there will be enough to eat. Children are not in the position to help themselves in that regard.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Much consumption occurs because of peer pressure and societal expectations. In America today, most "poor" will own a smartphone, have a cell plan, streaming services, large screen TV, might own a car, consume sufficient calories, and have all of their NEEDS met. I lived under the official poverty level for many years while raising 2 kids. While we didn't take lavish vacations, drive a late model luxury car, or collect swiss watches, we didn't want for much. I didn't FEEL poor. Many of the World's poor would look at America and be astounded by what we consider poverty.

That said, some people are truly poor. One of the charities I donate to provides food to kids. I can't imagine living day to day feeling hungry and wondering if there will be enough to eat. Children are not in the position to help themselves in that regard.
Agree, peer pressure and societal expectations, born of marketing to weak minds.
Part of what makes the truly poor an even sadder situation. Make money and give generously folks!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That's what pisses me off with our politicians at all levels. We have the hungry and the homeless walking our streets and nothing gets done.. But when it's time to help other countries with their problems, money is not an issue. I wish people would stand up and vote out every single politician currently in office.

Reactions: CoyoteDave

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agree, peer pressure and societal expectations, born of marketing to weak minds.
Part of what makes the truly poor an even sadder situation. Make money and give generously folks!
Yup, maybe our government should lead by example.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Your second last sentence is full of bullshit.
Please explain how restricting patrons to vaccine card holders could possibly violate civil rights? Vaccine refusers is not a federally protected class. If a state like Florida, decrees it impermissible, a company, like Carnival Cruise Lines, can and will take their business elsewhere.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Please explain how restricting patrons to vaccine card holders could possibly violate civil rights? Vaccine refusers is not a federally protected class. If a state like Florida, decrees it impermissible, a company, like Carnival Cruise Lines, can and will take their business elsewhere.
As much as I believe I don't agree with your politics in general, I have to agree with you here. The NHL just sent out a survey and one of the questions was in line with this discussion. It was something to the effect of Would you be more likely, or less likely to attend games if only the vaccinated could attend? That's not verbatim, because a multiple choice followed t the tune of A) that's the only way I'd attend B) I would like that, but would attend anyway.... all the way to basically, I don't give a shit one way or the other. As a private entity the NHL would be within their rights to make such a requirement.
Personally, I think it's a good idea mainly because I can't understand the fear of the vaccine by so many. The military pumps up the enlisted with so much crap that it boggles the mind and there fairly normal.... when all is said and done. :DD

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
"The day is coming soon when the vast majority of people sick, hospitalized or dying of COVID chose not to be protected and furthermore chose not to wear a mask."

You are making an assumption that people have chosen not to be protected and choose not to wear a mask, therefore they will will be sick and hospitalized. Jakey is right it's a BS conclusion and this is what main stream medical will try and make you believe, it just isn't true. Fear based logic. Mask wearing is far from conclusive at this time and we don't know the repercussions of untested vaccine use (yet). I'll keep my personal view point our of this post and just say that people get to choose what they will and won't do, and get to think about what they are exposed to, what they are willing to put in their body: food/drugs/booze/meds. This issue is about choice for all Americans, not what is right or what is wrong for any individual.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
You can wait for more evidence, but I think the data so far is very clear that the vaccines work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad