OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Didn't notice any glitches on the Discovery Channel feed unless it happened so fast I blinked and then it was just there. :laugh: The camera shots from the booster were great.

Side note..... didn't realize Chris Jacobs was hosting DC's launch show for the first few minutes even though I thought the voice was familiar. Instantly thought we'd see Chip Foose popping out from somewhere and tell Elon they were scrubbing the launch and taking the Dragon out to be "Overhauled".
That is your best post.........EVER.:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbu:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I honestly don't even know how to respond to this...how dumb do you have to be to use excessive violence in your policing right now? I mean seriously, you shoot at a lady and her kid who are peacefully standing ON THEIR OWN f***ING PORCH?!?! As if that's not enough they actually say "light'em up" like they're grateful for the opportunity to start blastin?! Last but not least, the curfew even states that you can be out on your own property at any time!!!

I get that most of these guys only have one tool in their toolbox but are they also just really really dumb people? I know they obviously used non-lethal projectiles but the irony in their excessive and unlawful reaction is f***ing soul crushing considering the context!

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I honestly don't even know how to respond to this...how dumb do you have to be to use excessive violence in your policing right now? I mean seriously, you shoot at a lady and her kid who are peacefully standing ON THEIR OWN f***ING PORCH?!?! As if that's not enough you actually say "light'em up before hand" like you're grateful for the opportunity to start blastin?! Last but not least, the curfew even states that you can be out on your own property at any time!!!

I get that most of these guys only have one tool in their toolbox but are they also just really really dumb people? I know they obviously used non-lethal projectiles but the irony in their excessive and unlawful reaction is f***ing soul crushing considering the context!

It seems as if the police only take disciplinary action when forced to because of damning video. For example, the cop in Minneapolis had been on the force for 19 years. I'm sure he's used the "knee to the neck" technique before, yet the Chief said it was not authorized. Why was he never disciplined? Why did his fellow cops never say something? Why is their body cam footage not periodically reviewed to see what the hell they are doing? There is a serious lack of leadership within many PDs and people not making hard ethical decisions.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The 6-hour Grant docudrama on the History channel is stupendous. Without him, the South might have won. On the other hand, Lee's foray into Pennsylvania was a strategic, operational, and tactical blunder. I think the South still loses, but Gettysburg combined with Grant's aggressiveness hastened the end of the war.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The 6-hour Grant docudrama on the History channel is stupendous. Without him, the South might have won. On the other hand, Lee's foray into Pennsylvania was a strategic, operational, and tactical blunder. I think the South still loses, but Gettysburg combined with Grant's aggressiveness hastened the end of the war.
Have you read the Harry Turtledove alternate history series “Southern Victory”? It’s 12 extremely long novels of speculative historical fiction, imagining a world where Special Order 191 was not intercepted by the North. I’m currently in the middle of the sixth novel (SO NO SPOILERS!!!) but it’s an interesting take on historical fiction. It sounds goofy, but it’s actually well researched and well written. It’s not exactly great literature but it sure is fun.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Have you read the Harry Turtledove alternate history series “Southern Victory”? It’s 12 extremely long novels of speculative historical fiction, imagining a world where Special Order 191 was not intercepted by the North. I’m currently in the middle of the sixth novel (SO NO SPOILERS!!!) but it’s an interesting take on historical fiction. It sounds goofy, but it’s actually well researched and well written. It’s not exactly great literature but it sure is fun.

Thanks, I might check it out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I honestly don't even know how to respond to this...how dumb do you have to be to use excessive violence in your policing right now? I mean seriously, you shoot at a lady and her kid who are peacefully standing ON THEIR OWN f***ING PORCH?!?! As if that's not enough they actually say "light'em up" like they're grateful for the opportunity to start blastin?! Last but not least, the curfew even states that you can be out on your own property at any time!!!

Oh, NOW the government acting unconstitutionally is a problem? Muh'rights!.

;p

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
getting wild out there. Not sure what it’ll all entail, but they are not protesting anymore (already not at the end of them).

The run on Scottsdale Fashion was being promoted by some jackass out on social media earlier in the day. There’s been more chatting in the same circles about hitting other malls tonight including AZ Mills and Westgate.

That’s why Ducey had to invoke the curfew.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The run on Scottsdale Fashion was being promoted by some jackass out on social media earlier in the day. There’s been more chatting in the same circles about hitting other malls tonight including AZ Mills and Westgate.

That’s why Ducey had to invoke the curfew.

Or, you know, just strategically position some law enforcement to prevent such a thing instead of trampling over the entire state.

Ducey continues to be a clown. Didn't even consult Gallego.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Or, you know, just strategically position some law enforcement to prevent such a thing instead of trampling over the entire state.
Man, if only we applied that same logic re: government action to other threats...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Ducey continues to be a clown. Didn't even consult Gallego.

Not a Ducey fan myself. But if the people who instigate these things know where those “strategically placed” units are they, you know, easily whip out their SM apps and move it to somewhere they ain’t.

But nevertheless..... here you go... start strategizing...

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Man, if only we applied that same logic re: government action to other threats...

There's a difference between kindly asking people to stay home if possible during a pandemic vs rolling down the street in full riot gear behind a NG Humvee and shooting at people on their own porch. Many nations did the former. The latter problem seems to be unique to America among western democracies. We don't have police by consent here, and have no oversight and very little training. It shows in the results.

The difference in response to people protesting for justice reform vs the right to get a haircut is also pretty telling.

Not a Ducey fan myself. But if the people who instigate these things know where those “strategically placed” units are they, you know, easily whip out their SM apps and move it to somewhere they ain’t.

Let me be more clear: if the police, with all of their surveillance state apparatus, military gear, and their total lack of oversight can't neutralize some punk ass kids looking to score some free shit, then we don't need them. They aren't doing their job at that point. Asking the entire state to adhere to a curfew because you can't do your job is not a sign of competence.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Oh, NOW the government acting unconstitutionally is a problem? Muh'rights!.

;p
Oh we're way past "Muh'constitooshun" at this point, this is just basic ethics and morals and has nothing to do with a world wide pandemic who's threat may or may not have been over estimated. You've taken over the airwaves with your rants about the COVID-19, I would think you'd have at least as strong opinion here.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

If people are dumb enough to start going into neighborhoods to cause trouble, there will be real deaths real fast that they won't be able to label covid. This is Arizona. I doubt you can go past more than two houses in a row in any neighborhood without finding an armed person living there.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Oh we're way past "Muh'constitooshun" at this point, this is just basic ethics and morals and has nothing to do with a world wide pandemic who's threat may or may not have been over estimated. You've taken over the airwaves with your rants about the COVID-19, I would think you'd have at least as strong opinion here.
I do. There is absolutely no need for an unconstitutional curfew impacting everyone if the police state had done it's job preventing direct harm yesterday. There still is not a need today.
And protesters (not rioters or looters) have every right (and certainly just moral cause) to demonstrate all day/night, everyday without government interference.

I'm sure the experience at watching everyone quietly abandon their rights earlier had no part in the ease with which governors are reaching back for it now... No erosion of your rights is happening. Go back to sleep. Be afraid of a hundred hoodlums in Scottsdale and just surrender your rights and trust the police state for security in case some reason you need them. They were very fast to respond yesterday, after all...

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The difference in response to people protesting for justice reform vs the right to get a haircut is also pretty telling.
As is the response busting up funerals at gunpoint to stopping looters and rioters.

I completely agree: the government is incompetent at best, corrupt at its worst. That's why you shouldn't be so eager to hand them power forbidden them by the Constitution. The issue is you don't believe in inalienable rights until it impacts you or your policy, and you're more than willing to lie down when it advances your agenda, Mr. Muh'rights.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Let me be more clear: if the police, with all of their surveillance state apparatus, military gear, and their total lack of oversight can't neutralize some punk ass kids looking to score some free shit, then we don't need them. They aren't doing their job at that point. Asking the entire state to adhere to a curfew because you can't do your job is not a sign of competence.
Sorry, but there are too many people who will just ignore the rules and don't care about public safety and only care about themselves. This is dangerous, and you should be really scared. Stop being selfish and sacrifice your first and fourth amendment rights because there are too many asshats out there. If it saves just one person, it was all worth it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Give the politicians a day to dump all their money into the companies that make anti-riot gear. Then there will be huge orders made and the cops and national guard will be out in force next week with all new equipment. That's if they have any money not invested into virus mask and drug companies. Maybe next we'll get a riot damage emergency bill passed to bail out all the corporations but not have enough in it to help the small businesses. Follow the money. This is just the next catastrophe the rich and powerful will benefit from.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Why do people need guns? Only the police need guns.

Translation: We anticipate being too busy doing things that probably don't need doing to help you if you need it. You're on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->