OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Most Valley residents couldn't pick out a single pro athlete from a police lineup, except for maybe Shane Doan, Larry Fitzgerald, and possibly Devin Booker.

And World Series hero Luis Gonzalez. Never heard of Devin Booker, but Charles Barkley stands out in a crowd.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Add Phil Mickelson to the list..... but Feckless is right.... there are very few who would be recognized.

Matthews works in a fish bowl in Toronto. So coming home to Scottsdale is a relative relief.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Most recognizable Phoenician:

iu

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So basically I learned today that there are no sports celebrities in Scottsdale. Yet when I watched Biznasty's piece here in Canada people came up to him in Scottsdale everywhere he went?? Matthews would be a Celebrity unless the Coyote's are completely inept.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So basically I learned today that there are no sports celebrities in Scottsdale. Yet when I watched Biznasty's piece here in Canada people came up to him in Scottsdale everywhere he went?? Matthews would be a Celebrity unless the Coyote's are completely inept.

Biznasty is a social media star...not a sports figure. :nod:

P.S. You know I'm being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative? I like to debate, and will take any side of any position. Maybe I should run for office. :dunno:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Most Valley residents couldn't pick out a single pro athlete from a police lineup, except for maybe Shane Doan, Larry Fitzgerald, and possibly Devin Booker.
I really don't have any idea who Devin Booker is? I'm guessing an NBA player? I couldn't name a single Phoenix Sun or pick one out of a lineup. Same for the DBacks. Not one. Cardinals? Fitzgerald is the only one I could name and only one I would recognize. I don't know who the head coaches are of any of these teams either.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Biznasty is a social media star...not a sports figure. :nod:

P.S. You know I'm being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative? I like to debate, and will take any side of any position. Maybe I should run for office. :dunno:
Ditto

Reactions: MIG

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I’m not on IG.....

I’m considering going to counter.social though. It was created by a well known “hacktivist” who doesn’t allow trolls to live long there.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I’m not on IG.....

I’m considering going to counter.social though. It was created by a well known “hacktivist” who doesn’t allow trolls to live long there.

I've tried Mastodon and counter.social. Not a lot of signal there at the moment.

I did get rid of Facebook a while ago and am letting my IG die of malnutrition. Over the past few years social media has done little but make me irritated at people, and that ain't healthy.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Fans of Dropkick Murphys know they do a show every St. Patricks Day. The show must go on, so this year instead of a live audience it will be streamed for free. 4 PM AZ time.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Article stated ASU is revamping their plans (again) for Desert Financial Arena (nee Wells Fargo). plus they've changed their plan for the new hockey arena as described below.

^^^^^

"In May 2019, ASU began accepting proposals to design, construct and operate a stand-alone arena. That process led to the new project and selection of Sun Dev Partners as the developer in conjunction with Mortenson Development. Mortenson currently is building a 259-room hotel in ASU's Novus Innovation Corridor at Veterans Way and Sixth Street.

The new athletic project would build a 5,000-seat arena on the east side of Packard Drive, north of the parking structure at Packard Drive near Sixth Street. The location is adjacent to Sun Devil Track Stadium.

In addition to hockey, ASU gymnastics and wrestling would compete at the new arena. Volleyball and women's basketball also could be played there although the original plan was for those sports to continue at Desert Financial Arena.

It will include two sheets of ice to be used not only for ASU practices but by regional youth and adult hockey clubs for practice and competition.
The arena would include 20 private suites, nine loges and two group suites as well as premium seating on the event level. The location is designed to integrate with retail planned in the Novus corridor.
The Olympic sports training facility would be in the athletic village east of Rural Road, renovating, connecting and expanding the current wrestling and gymnastics training facilities."

Reactions: MIG

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anyone know of a way to get Trader Joe’s delivered? I keep seeing Postmates when I google it but then on the Postmates app it’s not an option.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Anyone know of a way to get Trader Joe’s delivered? I keep seeing Postmates when I google it but then on the Postmates app it’s not an option.
Dropped by Trader Joe's to get a few things yesterday and there was a line up outside and there we a couple of employees out side letting in customers as customers left. I assume they were putting social distancing into practice, but the people waiting outside were shoulder to shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad