OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So, as a YouTube TV subscriber, this is what I did:

* You can pause your YouTube TV subscription without cancelling it (thereby preserving your recordings on the cloud DVR and all your settings) up until August 2020. So that's what I did.

* I already subscribe to Hulu, so I upgraded to the Hulu with Live TV - the total cost of which was actually 3 bucks a month cheaper than I was paying for Hulu No Ads and YTTV together.

If YouTube and Sinclair get their act together, I will switch back. I'm totally spoiled by YouTube TV's cloud DVR (Hulu's only has 20 hours unless you pay for additional space, and even then it's only 200 hours - plus, you have to do a whole lot more granular work on what you record and don't). I figure YT and Sinclair will have things sorted by August. If not, at least I'm covered.

Reactions: Tom Polakis

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
UPDATE: YouTube and Sinclair have negotiated an extension.

UPDATE 2: Hulu with Live TV sucks hard and is more expensive to boot. Not recommended. Thankfully, I found this out before I had to pay the cost increase. But man... only 20 hours of DVR time?

Reactions: Sinurgy

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if Nick opted for the tankless water heaters. I hear they can save money.

Schmaltz has a new crash pad
- $2.95 million
- Camelback Mountain Estates.
- 5,019-sqft
- 14-foot ceilings
- glass enclosed wine display.

3eaddd27-c5da-4259-b755-39b46c1a57ea-Exterior_Two.JPG

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I wonder if Nick opted for the tankless water heaters. I hear they can save money.

- $2.95 million
- 5,019-sqft
- 14-foot ceilings

3eaddd27-c5da-4259-b755-39b46c1a57ea-Exterior_Two.JPG

Didn't one of the "experts" deem his contract one of the most unmovable contracts in the league right after he signed it? Chicago knew what they were doing when they dumped Schoftz. He was soft before he got paid. No chance he makes an effort to change his game now.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
My mother had to put down her dog, Claudia, today. I lived with her for 9 years. She was 12 years old.

mPeLH8L.jpg

Rest in peace, old girl. :cry:
That's horrible but for a moment I thought you were referring to the dog you literally just road tripped all the way across the US. That would've been, dare I say, even more horrible!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

- $2.95 million
- 5,019-sqft
- 14-foot ceilings

Auston Matthews was on Chiclets recently and mentioned he bought a new house in Camelback Estates. Turns out it's right next door to Schmaltz's new place, and quite a few Yotes already live in the same area.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Auston Matthews was on Chiclets recently and mentioned he bought a new house in Camelback Estates. Turns out it's right next door to Schmaltz's new place, and quite a few Yotes already live in the same area.
When he talked about how he liked getting back to Scottsdale where no one knew him and just hanging with friends I wasn't sure how to take it?? Not sure if he was kinda saying he would rather live somewhere like that or he liked not playing where he lived??

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
When he talked about how he liked getting back to Scottsdale where no one knew him and just hanging with friends I wasn't sure how to take it?? Not sure if he was kinda saying he would rather live somewhere like that or he liked not playing where he lived??

Most people are more comfortable at home, but as a huge hockey star from the desert, the irony is that everyone recognizes him on the streets of Toronto (or any Canadian city), but most do not in the valley of the sun.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Most people are more comfortable at home, but as a huge hockey star from the desert, the irony is that everyone recognizes him on the streets of Toronto (or any Canadian city), but most do not in the valley of the sun.
I wouldn't assume most don't know him, they just don't bother him. What I don't know as I obviously don't know him is does he crave that limelight or would he rather have the anonymity?? We will find that out in a few more years.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldn't assume most don't know him

In Phoenix? I guarantee most don't know him, or just about any other NHLer.

Nick Schmaltz: Hi, I'm your new neighbor.
Neighbor: What do you do?
NS: I play for the Coyotes.
N: Who are they?
NS: A pro hockey team.
N: :huh:
NS: :facepalm:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
In Phoenix? I guarantee most don't know him, or just about any other NHLer.

Nick Schmaltz: Hi, I'm your new neighbor.
Neighbor: What do you do?
NS: I play for the Coyotes.
N: Who are they?
NS: A pro hockey team.
N: :huh:
NS: :facepalm:
Schmaltz isn't Matthew's. If Matthew's played for the Coyotes his name and face would be everywhere. It doesn't mean every single person would recognize him but he would be a celebrity.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Schmaltz isn't Matthew's. If Matthew's played for the Coyotes his name and face would be everywhere. It doesn't mean every single person would recognize him but he would be a celebrity.

I'll get back with you. I'm emailing my friends and family in the valley to see if anyone knows who Taylor Hall is.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'll get back with you. I'm emailing my friends and family in the valley to see if anyone knows who Taylor Hall is.
We can do this all day, Hall isn't Matthew's. And I'm specifically talking about Scottsdale, Matthew's would be a Celebrity there.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We can do this all day, Hall isn't Matthew's. And I'm specifically talking about Scottsdale, Matthew's would be a Celebrity there.

sadly, we'll probably never know, but generally, I agree. If Matthews played for the Coyotes and he walked into the trendiest restaurant in Scottsdale, many people would know who he is.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
sadly, we'll probably never know, but generally, I agree. If Matthews played for the Coyotes and he walked into the trendiest restaurant in Scottsdale, many people would know who he is.
I think you will know in a few years. If he doesn't sign in Toronto in 3 summer's time my guess would be he wants to go home??

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Ok, not Matthews, but I asked my sister and bro-in-law (40 year Phoneix residents who have attended one Coyote game...when I drug them along :D), and they never heard of Taylor Hall. My point is just that most valley residents don't care one iota about hockey.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ok, not Matthews, but I asked my sister and bro-in-law (40 year Phoneix residents who have attended one Coyote game...when I drug them along :D), and they never heard of Taylor Hall. My point is just that most valley residents don't care one iota about hockey.

Most Valley residents couldn't pick out a single pro athlete from a police lineup, except for maybe Shane Doan, Larry Fitzgerald, and possibly Devin Booker.

Reactions: Sinurgy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad