OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XV - Loop 202 IS OPEN!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So I’m getting engaged.

I’m a nervous wreck. I want it. She’s told me a thousand times she wants to. Yet in typical Coyotes fan fashion, something is bound to **** up
Congrats! Don't let the team anywhere near this?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hey I need some advice here. This is the crowdsource - I need to get a Shiba Inu mix 32 lb dog from Manchester, NH (or Boston) to Phoenix. AA cargo is $300 each way. Are there any other options apart from hauling it by car?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't care about the environment, but I hate heaters. The air is so gross. I hate the feeling of it. I also love sweaters. Hockey, whiskey and sweaters are like my top three.
OK boomer. (always wanted to use that)

Reactions: Mosby

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Hey I need some advice here. This is the crowdsource - I need to get a Shiba Inu mix 32 lb dog from Manchester, NH (or Boston) to Phoenix. AA cargo is $300 each way. Are there any other options apart from hauling it by car?

There are pet moving services, but likely more expensive.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fanatics is running a Cyber Monday sale across the site. The Fanatics branded red Coyotes jerseys are down to $119. Other stuff also discounted. Kachina jerseys are not unfortunately.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Mitt Romney recommends the roof of your car.

Reactions: 0point1

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I thank you for that.

I'm facing what's possibly a similar situation so this is a serious response: I'm moving an elderly Brittany (we're not 100% sure of her age but she's probably around 12 years old) from Payson, AZ to Gainesville, FL. At the end of the day, we've discovered that the "best" way (maybe not the cheapest though) is to just drive the route yourself with the dog in tow in your vehicle. That's how it's going to happen for us.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just finished the Irishman. It's long. Really long. Feels even longer. It's like an aging mob hit man wrote a interesting but not exactly exciting biography and turned it into a long movie that could just as easily have been a long documentary. Did I mention it's 3 1/2 hours? Felt like 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Just finished the Irishman. It's long. Really long. Feels even longer. It's like an aging mob hit man wrote a interesting but not exactly exciting biography and turned it into a long movie that could just as easily have been a long documentary. Did I mention it's 3 1/2 hours? Felt like 5.

I watched it too. I'm a big fan of everybody in the movie and mob movies in general and I thought it was just ok. I didn't mind it being long but there were no really exciting or funny scenes like in movies like Good Fellas. Kind of sucks that nobody still knows the truth about what happened since there is zero evidence.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I watched it too. I'm a big fan of everybody in the movie and mob movies in general and I thought it was just ok. I didn't mind it being long but there were no really exciting or funny scenes like in movies like Good Fellas. Kind of sucks that nobody still knows the truth about what happened since there is zero evidence.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Don't read below if you don't want to know the ending!

True. No evidence, but Sheeran (the Irishman) confessed to killing Hoffa in his book. I believe most of the movie is based on the book.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm facing what's possibly a similar situation so this is a serious response: I'm moving an elderly Brittany (we're not 100% sure of her age but she's probably around 12 years old) from Payson, AZ to Gainesville, FL. At the end of the day, we've discovered that the "best" way (maybe not the cheapest though) is to just drive the route yourself with the dog in tow in your vehicle. That's how it's going to happen for us.
Found that AA charges $300 one way Boston to Phoenix. Blah.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

He probably kept up with you for a mile or so.

original.jpg

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I flew my dog to Australia. Had to drop him off at the freight terminal where the pets are loaded last onto the plane - in the temperature controlled/pressurized part. You cable tie the crate shut so they can't get out and run around with all the shifting objects in the hold or bolt onto the tarmac as soon as the door opens. I didn't get to pick him up though as he went through a quarantine upon arrival and we had to wait that out. There are companies that do this sort of thing and domestic flights must be magnitudes easier to deal with.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Anyone know of what to do with old furniture when moving that I want to dispose of? I'm going to try and give the viable stuff to the salvation army, but I have a busted couch and an old mattress that I'm wanting to dispose of. Are there services out there that will come pick them up, or do I just dump them in my apartments dumpster and take up a bunch of space that's there for garbage?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Anyone know of what to do with old furniture when moving that I want to dispose of? I'm going to try and give the viable stuff to the salvation army, but I have a busted couch and an old mattress that I'm wanting to dispose of. Are there services out there that will come pick them up, or do I just dump them in my apartments dumpster and take up a bunch of space that's there for garbage?

Check for upcoming bulk trash pickup dates. Peoria has one coming up next week. Otherwise, you can Google and see if there is some pickup service (Goodwill and Deseret Industries both have something like that locally).

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
You might be able to call the company that does the trash service for your apartment and schedule a bulk pickup. I've done it with mine on days where I ripped out a bunch of plants, but I have my own account with them since I own the home.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Might have to check out some books. Maybe financial planner is the title I was looking for? I'll have $800 more a month to invest, be it savings, investing, wasting. Figured good idea to get someone to help me analyze where I put it effectively for the future.
You included paying down debt. Best advice there is to pay down the highest interest debts first. But don't use it all on debt paydown. Pay yourself first is a great slogan for a reason. Invest some and save some, to build up a rainy day fund. Use the rest on debt. Once your debt is gone, THEN get to the wasting! :laugh:

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The date of my permanent move to Gainesville has been set for 12/25/19. :)

Besides it being Xmas, that's a great call. As the city will be unusually empty and calm due to the winter break at UF ... just wait a couple of weeks though. (and you may be nowhere near the university for all I know, and completely unaffected by it)

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->