OT: The Annual Who Scores the First Goal Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Chris Kelly gets it early. As much as I hate his game, the 4th line of Winnipeg should be dominated by our 4th line.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
A stroll down memory lane

2011-2012 - Brad Marchand

2012-2013 - Milan Lucic (go to 34 seconds)

2013-2014 - Chris Kelly

2014-2015 - Reilly Smith (go to 50 seconds)

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
First Goal: Marchand
First fight: Miller
First Damn Penalty: Rinaldo
First frustrating coaching move: Randell not in line-up
First major defensive gaff: Matt Irwin, trying to do too much
First Yawning net missed: Brett Connolly

Most negative post-game 1 post? Fire Sweeney!!!

BigBadBruins63*

Pasta will go top cheddar on a beautiful sauce from Krejci.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Seidenburg! Hey he's only six weeks out that's reasonable if you listen to some of our tin foil hat posters.

The way Krecji and Pasta have been clicking this off season I would be amazed if one of them didn't get it. I would love for Colin Miller to get one though to make sure he keeps in the full time job department when the injured d get back

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
Krejci for sure he's looked great in preseason like he has something to prove..

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Pasta getting some love I see.

There seems to be a foregone conclusion that the kid is going to light it up this year. I certainly hope so...but I'm not counting on some huge season from him.

I do hope that if his numbers seem pedestrian at the mid-point, the fans understand that he is still a kid and still learning. In short, I think there's a tendency to place to much pressure on someone in his shoes and I think a little patience might be required.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Pasta getting some love I see.

There seems to be a foregone conclusion that the kid is going to light it up this year. I certainly hope so...but I'm not counting on some huge season from him.

I do hope that if his numbers seem pedestrian at the mid-point, the fans understand that he is still a kid and still learning. In short, I think there's a tendency to place to much pressure on someone in his shoes and I think a little patience might be required.

I originally thought this was going to be a bridge year for him... But he'll be playing on our top line with Krejci, who's finally healthy. He looked really good in the preseason. He'll be given a lot of ice time and PP time, it seems like the whole team and the coach (most importantly) loves him. Lot of talk about him being a leader. He'll be rewarded for that... He definitely could struggle this year, and there DEFINITELY will be a few stretches where he gets ice cold, but I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the team in goals, or is right behind Marchy.

I don't think he'll light the whole league up like Seguin did his second year, but he definitely could. I think next year will be his "big" breakout year. But too early to tell that. Anything more than ~40-45 points will be a phenomenal season in my eyes. No need to rush him. He's so far ahead of schedule, we're just going to see how far ahead he is now.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
This guy....................

bearandgang11.jpg

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
First Goal: Marchand
First fight: Miller
First Damn Penalty: Rinaldo
First frustrating coaching move: Randell not in line-up
First major defensive gaff: Matt Irwin, trying to do too much
First Yawning net missed: Brett Connolly

Most negative post-game 1 post? Fire Sweeney!!!

Well, I was right on the defensive gaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad