GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It was absolutely packed. Visually, it was a sellout. I know this is a bold statement with the Rangers series and Cup final, but last night was the most raucous atmosphere I can remember. Fans were standing for large portions of the game, people were waving flags/banners/signs all over the arena, and the crowd was engaged with every single play. It seemed like every person in the building was engaged in the on-ice play at all times. The place was a madhouse. It was the atmosphere I've been waiting for Devils fans to reach for a long time, and that's with 2012 being a pretty wild environment in itself.

Imagine ... just IMAGINE what a SCF would be like again in this building. :towel::towel::towel:Pretend those are RED towels.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
All you need to do is look at the comments to the screenshot of the jumbotron last night with the Rangers logo saying "Next Game: Sept. 2018." It's gone viral on a lot of hockey accounts and almost every comment is Rangers fans saying "I guess they're looking forward to their next sellout." It's still a very common opinion that the Devils don't sellout or draw well.

To be fair we did fire the first ‘cheap shot’ there. I’m not the most PC person in the world and normally loathe the attempted sanitization of the crowd but was that graphic really necessary last night? When we were down 2-0 in our own series no less? We could easily have wound up winning as many playoff games as them and would have looked doubly silly putting that up for a cheap cheer.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
To be fair we did fire the first ‘cheap shot’ there. I’m not the most PC person in the world and normally loathe the attempted sanitization of the crowd but was that graphic really necessary last night? When we were down 2-0 in our own series no less? We could easily have wound up winning as many playoff games as them.

And the second. The next graphic between the 2nd and 3rd period was "Still Sept. 2018".

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And the second. The next graphic between the 2nd and 3rd period was "Still Sept. 2018".

I only saw the one in the second intermission in passing and rolled my eyes. Doing it in the first period doesn’t surprise me either though.

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
Zacha has a grand total of 1 SOG in 3 playoff games and he was at fault for the first goal Tampa scored last night

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
the fact that Rangers fans are actually upset about it and finding ways to talk shit over that are all the reason I need why they did it.

I wonder how many of those Rangers fans are also Mets fans who, back in 2015, flaunted the "Take Back New York" mantra and talked about how the Yankees' time is over.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The building was bumping and the streets of Newark were chaotic after the game. Even the Newark Cops in their cars were piping in LGD chants on the intercom/speaker, truckers in the big rigs at the post office were blasting the horns. It was nuts!

One f***ing game. This is what playoff hockey means to the people of New Jersey.

I, too, was laying on my horn on the way outta Downtown.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Man, I just enjoy our team. The scoreboard thing was funny. Once.

But I do not give a flying f*** about the Rangers. Being the Rangers is their own purgatory and I kind of wish so much of the fanbase and team promo would stop concentrating on them entirely. We have nothing to prove to them. They are the older sibling that spends daddy's money with nothing to show for it.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
But I do not give a flying **** about the Rangers. Being the Rangers is their own purgatory and I kind of wish so much of the fanbase and team promo would stop concentrating on them entirely. We have nothing to prove to them. They are the older sibling that spends daddy's money with nothing to show for it.

As long as you see a few of them showing up at our games for literally no f***ing reason, this will never change.

Wearing a Rangers jersey to a Devils/Lightning playoff game and then complaining when the Devils' organization and/or fans still find a way to harass you is hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oneiro and mtnet

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Zacha has a grand total of 1 SOG in 3 playoff games and he was at fault for the first goal Tampa scored last night
not sure how you can blame one specific person on that goal. The whole PK unit let two guys go unmarked and part of that was probably due to the confusion with Lovejoy playing in a different spot than he usaully does because greene was in the box. I don't even think Zacha could have gotten to Killorn in time and if he did then JT Miller would have been wide open. He was far away from the play because he tried to support Vatanen in the clearing attempt but Stamkos got it past both Vatanen and Lovejoy. He does need to do better in the o-zone tho. Transition game has been fine for the most part.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Zacha's essential nature and probably how he views himself is being a skill guy.

It's difficult because you don't want to tamper with that while also getting him to play a lunch pail sort of game. What Hynes does with him going forward will be interesting. Honestly, I could see a different coach getting a lot more out of him.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zacha's essential nature and probably how he views himself is being a skill guy.

It's difficult because you don't want to tamper with that while also getting him to play a lunch pail sort of game. What Hynes does with him going forward will be interesting. Honestly, I could see a different coach getting a lot more out of him.
I think Zacha's essential nature is a defensive center. He doesn't let his skills come out enough is the issue.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
To be fair we did fire the first ‘cheap shot’ there. I’m not the most PC person in the world and normally loathe the attempted sanitization of the crowd but was that graphic really necessary last night? When we were down 2-0 in our own series no less? We could easily have wound up winning as many playoff games as them and would have looked doubly silly putting that up for a cheap cheer.

Completely agree. Even down the stretch, they were zooming in on the Rangers score and quickly flashing past the Panthers score. Extremely childish and annoying.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Completely agree. Even down the stretch, they were zooming in on the Rangers score and quickly flashing past the Panthers score. Extremely childish and annoying.

I don’t remember them doing that and I was at every post marathon trip game except the Penguins one. Of course I rarely stay put during intermission but every time I saw the OOT board pop up they either spotlighted the Panthers, or the Flyers once.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We have strips over in 104 and so we had a good look at the thin edge of the glass from above (and afar) as they were rocking against it and man that thing was all kinds of warped when they were going at it. Had to be pushed near the threshold of a panel popping out.

They showed those idiots on TV, and they were clearly wrecked. Probably dont remember 1/2 the game.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
til if you wanna poke some fun on the main board, make your you put EXTREME SARCASTIC BANTER ALERT in all caps at the top of each of your posts.

It seems like the main board thread is mostly a few Tampa fans posting genuinely nasty stuff about our state and then going all "Lighten up, it's just a joke. Hey everyone, check out this guy who thinks we're serious" when anyone takes a shot back.

Such a cesspool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->