GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Game 4 is going to be pivotal, but you didn't need me to tell you that.

Imagine if we can somehow pull out a win, tie up the series, take even more wind out of Tampa's sails, and head back down to their barn with a "look at me now" attitude.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Just as well, people still wouldn’t have gotten out of the bathroom, food or drink lines on time if the intermission was 25 minutes long anyway, it was that bad :laugh:

But yeah last night’s game took three hours on a weeknight with a 7:30 start, not ideal

I was so engrossed in the game, I wasn't watching the time. But after the final horn I looked down and was like "How is it 10:30 right now?!"

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Game 4 is going to be pivotal, but you didn't need me to tell you that.

Imagine if we can somehow pull out a win, tie up the series, take even more wind out of Tampa's sails, and head back down to their barn with a "look at me now" attitude.
if we do that, idc if we get knocked out, because that means we pushed em to 6 games, and to me, that earns us respect.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
I was at every game during the 2012 playoff run, and I don't think it got this loud until at least game 3/4 against the Rangers. Even then, this game rivaled it. Absolutely deafening. Very underrated atmosphere. It's too bad that there's a general stereotype that "the Devilz has no fanz" because we definitely have one of the loudest playoff arenas in the entire league. I've personally been to playoff games in places like the Garden and Washington, and the atmosphere at the Rock last night blew both of those out of the water.
I've only gone to playoff games at the Rock, so I can't compare to others, but the atmosphere last night was just absurd. Rarely was quiet. It felt like the Rock was shaking. I think Noesen's goal was when my voice was gone. What a shot. If we can tie it up at home tomorrow, the Rock will erupt.

Reactions: New Jersey

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
30728348_10156283451101948_7818459501001965568_n.jpg

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I was so engrossed in the game, I wasn't watching the time. But after the final horn I looked down and was like "How is it 10:30 right now?!"

Bought tickets in 121, but they were really for one of the tables at the top of the section. I leaned on that thing the whole time; the only time I left was to sprint to a beer stand during TV timeouts. For intermissions, my head was stuffed in my phone surfing HF.

Completely oblivious to the timing. Final horn went off, finally exhaled, realized it was 10:30 and said the same thing. What the hell?

Oh well. What a night to have a night.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I know he's been praised but it can't be understated how big of a game Schneider had last night. Kept us in it when we needed it most. And he really did look like his former self, just strong positionally and made things look simple. If he can keep that up we have a chance.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I know he's been praised but it can't be understated how big of a game Schneider had last night. Kept us in it when we needed it most. And he really did look like his former self, just strong positionally and made things look simple. If he can keep that up we have a chance.

Not even kidding, I started tearing up at the "Co-ry!" chant immediately before the anthem. Felt like I was watching Rudy or something.

I'm so happy for him. He finally looked like himself again.

Reactions: My3Sons

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
props to Butcher for playing like a well seasoned vet

He's a ****ing beast.

My bone to pick with him still stands, though. His first step might as well be in mud. It's not that it's a liability per se, but his game would be so much better if he could get quicker. Twice last night, the puck squeaked out of the zone on a PP because he couldn't get over to cover the point in time.

Nothing we can do about it now, but that should be a priority for the offseason. If he can improve his first step, he'll be that much more effective.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
3. Sami Vatanen continues to get it done

John Hynes is giving Vatanen very tough assignments and he's handling them shockingly well.

More than nine of Vatanen's 16 minutes of 5v5 ice were spent shadowing Nikita Kucherov. Once again, he did a fantastic job.

During the nine minutes and change they went head-to-head, the Devils gave up just one scoring chance. One.

I don't care who you are or who you're playing with. Giving up one chance in nine minutes with a Hart Trophy candidate on the ice is really impressive.

The two have now shared the ice for 24 minutes through three games. During that time, the Devils have a 15-8 advantage on the shot clock and a 2-0 advantage on the scoreboard. Vatanen's ability to lock down Kucherov and Tampa's big guns at 5v5 is extremely encouraging. If he can continue doing so, the Devils should be able to hang around.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Credit to the guys for cleaning up second efforts better than usual. Butcher's skate stop and Travis's relentless work on a couple slot protects are obvious examples.

Outside of a couple of obvious breakdowns on the goals against (Severson, defending our first series lead, going for the big hit at center ice *and being beaten back on the play by his target* was another), I thought the guys did a good job of limiting dangerous chances.

But yes, it's nice to see Cory have a strong game and the crowd get behind him like they did.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I also loathe that new find the coin with the logo type game instead of the puck shuffle. I have very good hand-eye and I can never keep track of where the coin goes when they go all on top of each other. Last night I really thought I got the right one finally, me, most of the crowd and the poor lady who was going to win a signed Cory signed jersey all guessed two. All were wrong.

If the bulk of 16,000 people got it "wrong", the problem is not with you, but with the game.

I love that our little row of bars across from the Den is becoming the gathering place for that element of our fan base before games. Might be because I'm not far removed from being a drunken, rowdy college student myself, but I love that ****. As long as there's no physical violence, chanting "*******" at and booing the **** out of opposing fans who walk through there is all in good fun. If opposing fans don't like it or think it's classless, enter through the Lafayette tower or just don't get tickets.

Prudential Center is an inhospitable place to outsiders during the playoffs and it makes me happy.

Chanting a*****e at out of town people and families is not "all in good fun", it's an indication of low-class. You can raz fans without cursing in public and/or trying to mob intimidate them. :teach2:

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad