GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Another look at that brutal hit to the head on Coleman

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The atmosphere was electric for almost the entire game. The only time there was little going on in the crowd was for a minute or so after Tampa scored their second goal of the game. It seemed like the wind was taken out of the building. JMO.

Definitely agree, but I think it happened cause both Tampa goals were before a good amount of people even got back into their seats from intermission and it was like gimme a break! Lol

Last edited:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
My only complaint about last night is why does MSG have to treat this like a regular season game and not show any of the intro/pregame atmosphere like national broadcasts do. I don't even think they showed the anthem. The crowd was bonkers behind Cangy and Dano with his video going on but they just had a regular open with generic analysis and replays of the goals Tampa scored in game 2.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
My only complaint about last night is why does MSG have to treat this like a regular season game and not show any of the intro/pregame atmosphere like national broadcasts do. I don't even think they showed the anthem. The crowd was bonkers behind Cangy and Dano with his video going on but they just had a regular open with generic analysis and replays of the goals Tampa scored in game 2.

While that stuff would be nice, there is a difference between a national and local broadcast and how much they have to work with. This has been the way it always was with MSG though for the first round of the playoffs when we were in them more consistently.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Lot's of time to kill between periods at the arena last night too. No puck races. No knocker ball. No peewee hockey. Even in game, no scoreboard races with Auntie Anne and whatever the other two "contestants" are (shows how much I pay attention).

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
- Schneider was awesome in this game. He did have a little help from butcher and the hockey gods.
I just so wish could infuse kinky's scramble game and stick handling into Cory.

- That game was very close. Nico's balls on a string close, I would like to assume Tampa's relentless power play % cannot possible continue, but some sort of adjustment needs to be made. Taylor Hall with no surprise is the xfactor. Must be put on the ice in as much as he can withstand without gassing out.

- I know we dont want to have a wide open game with Tampa, but these guys do not seem like they like to defend. When we go back to Tampa and loose last change. Dont throw out matchups out of the window, but do not make it the bible either. Before we entered the playoffs, it seemed we can put the foot on the gas and just spend a relentless amount of time in the offensive zone

- Dont everyone start sucking eachothers lolypops just yet, after going down 2-0, with literally have a 15% chance at this(even after winning game 3). 15% , Thats a very bad number. With that said, from my experience with the devils (other then 2012) , it seems like comeback is a bit higher for us. Hopefully all that rough play and hatred that is now inflicted into this series had the right effect. You can awaken a monster, or take a monster off its game.

-As much as the Tampa Bay Rangers have in firepower, with the opening dear in headlights games over with, and a win under our belt. Can get this even and start playing the hockey that we played down the stretch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lot's of time to kill between periods at the arena last night too. No puck races. No knocker ball. No peewee hockey. Even in game, no scoreboard races with Auntie Anne and whatever the other two "contestants" are (shows how much I pay attention).

Just as well, people still wouldn’t have gotten out of the bathroom, food or drink lines on time if the intermission was 25 minutes long anyway, it was that bad :laugh:

But yeah last night’s game took three hours on a weeknight with a 7:30 start, not ideal

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
I didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. That definitely added to the intensity. I'm so happy I decided to go last minute. Just a great, loud atmosphere.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

It’s about time. That monotonous time filler stuff gives me a headache after the first three times they do it. So thankful that I didn’t have to have my eardrums burst to some random guy screaming “no whammy! no whammy!” during a tv timeout.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Stafford got an insane amount of PP time - insane being ANY let alone five minutes.

And did absolutely nothing with it.

Meanwhile, the penalty kill is being torn to shreds while the Devils two best penalty killers are healthy scratches up in a luxury box.

Sit Zacha and Maroon until they want to show more effort.

Sit Maroon? Did you watch the game.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Best game I have ever been to!!The crowd was so f***ing amazing. Was awesome when everybody was throwing their towels on the ice.

Reactions: OmNomNom

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s about time. That monotonous time filler stuff gives me a headache after the first three times they do it. So thankful that I didn’t have to have my eardrums burst to some random guy screaming “no whammy! no whammy!” during a tv timeout.

I also loathe that new find the coin with the logo type game instead of the puck shuffle. I have very good hand-eye and I can never keep track of where the coin goes when they go all on top of each other. Last night I really thought I got the right one finally, me, most of the crowd and the poor lady who was going to win a signed Cory signed jersey all guessed two. All were wrong.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Also shout-out the drunken crowd outside before the game with that thunderous LGD chant that echoed through the street.

Someone should have told those poor Bolts fans to not walk down Edison Place. :laugh:

I love that our little row of bars across from the Den is becoming the gathering place for that element of our fan base before games. Might be because I'm not far removed from being a drunken, rowdy college student myself, but I love that shit. As long as there's no physical violence, chanting "ASSHOLE" at and booing the f*** out of opposing fans who walk through there is all in good fun. If opposing fans don't like it or think it's classless, enter through the Lafayette tower or just don't get tickets.

Prudential Center is an inhospitable place to outsiders during the playoffs and it makes me happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Best game I have ever been to!!The crowd was so ****ing amazing. Was awesome when everybody was throwing their towels on the ice.

I was at every game during the 2012 playoff run, and I don't think it got this loud until at least game 3/4 against the Rangers. Even then, this game rivaled it. Absolutely deafening. Very underrated atmosphere. It's too bad that there's a general stereotype that "the Devilz has no fanz" because we definitely have one of the loudest playoff arenas in the entire league. I've personally been to playoff games in places like the Garden and Washington, and the atmosphere at the Rock last night blew both of those out of the water.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Whether it's here, Facebook or Twitter.... I honestly don't get what people are watching when it comes to Maroon. He has been FANTASTIC. Butcher doesn't score the game tying goal without Maroon's screen.

I wasn't a fan of the trade for him when it first happened. Seemed like overpayment for a guy that was propped up by McDavid and wouldn't add all that much. Now it's pretty clear I was wrong on that, his goal scoring was elevated but his play making abilities were over shadowed by McDavid. He's a very unique player around the league, and a valuable guy to have...especially on the power plays. I'm completely in favor of re-signing him (provided the terms are right).

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
[QUOTE="

- Dont everyone start sucking eachothers lolypops just yet, after going down 2-0, with literally have a 15% chance at this(even after winning game 3). 15% , Thats a very bad number. With that said, from my experience with the devils (other then 2012) , it seems like comeback is a bit higher for us. Hopefully all that rough play and hatred that is now inflicted into this series had the right effect. You can awaken a monster, or take a monster off its game.

[/QUOTE]

Well my take on playoff comebacks is this -We are no longer coming back from 2-0. It's a 2-1 series now and that's all that matters.

Doesn't matter if it started 2-0, 1-1 or 0-2, it's 2-1 now and many best of sevens get to 2-1 at some point. I'm sure the percentages for coming back from 2-1 are not so daunting.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I was at every game during the 2012 playoff run, and I don't think it got this loud until at least game 3/4 against the Rangers. Even then, this game rivaled it. Absolutely deafening. Very underrated atmosphere. It's too bad that there's a general stereotype that "the Devilz has no fanz" because we definitely have one of the loudest playoff arenas in the entire league. I've personally been to playoff games in places like the Garden and Washington, and the atmosphere at the Rock last night blew both of those out of the water.

quality > quantity

we like to party

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Well my take on playoff comebacks is this -We are no longer coming back from 2-0. It's a 2-1 series now and that's all that matters.

Doesn't matter if it started 2-0, 1-1 or 0-2, it's 2-1 now and many best of sevens get to 2-1 at some point. I'm sure the percentages for coming back from 2-1 are not so daunting.

It's still tough. You have to take every single game at the Rock and steal one in Tampa as well. With how emotional and physically taxing these games are, and given how dangerous Tampa is offensively, it's a still an enormous hill to climb.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I also loathe that new find the coin with the logo type game instead of the puck shuffle. I have very good hand-eye and I can never keep track of where the coin goes when they go all on top of each other. Last night I really thought I got the right one finally, me, most of the crowd and the poor lady who was going to win a signed Cory signed jersey all guessed two. All were wrong.
coin shuffle threw me for a loop

usually, coin 1 ends up being coin 3, coin 3 is coin 1, and coin 2 remains coin 2, but they really f***ed with the crowd yesterday

hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->