The almost 3/4 of the season Lindsay talk.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Love the title.

This one indeed is tough one. Currently either McJesus or Drai. MacK has his chance too. OP's insight with his list of four is the good one.

Players' peer review is more valuable than writers' opinion, but players' opinion is heavily influenced by writers' consensus via media (and indirectly via media influenced video coaching concentrating to certain players more than to others; that directs the players perception on their peers), and consequently also by market where a player plays. Past earned reputation also, however, always disfigure the objectivity of the awarding criteria to some degree.

3/4 season is not yet sufficient to determine anything, as the most important 1/4 of the season is still missing. Random player of a team outside playoffs spot can still make miracles and carry his team there... and ultimately even to the Stanley Cup (even tho past PO performances isn't and shouldn't be any factor in awarding this trophy).

It's MacKinnon this season.

Hopefully.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's Drai's to lose at this point.

McDavid has the better reputation.

If he comes back without missing too many games, and if he outplays Drai in the remaining games he's back, and if Oilers make playoffs, and if the Lindsay isn't voted too early in the year (I hear reports it gets voted on before end of year by many players) - McDavid will win. I know that's a lot of "if's", but i don't think any of them are unlikely.

If Drai however remains far atop the scoring race, and he outplays McDavid for rest of year, or at worst, they're seen as comparable - I think he'll win.

Someone else could potentially still step up to win, but in my mind it'll be one of them. Mack#3. Panarin will be ignored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad