TSN: The All-Time 7: TSN's Ottawa Senators All-Time Team

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The All-Time 7: TSN's Ottawa Senators All-Time Team - TSN.ca

sens-all-time-team.jpg

Some weird choices in there, and I'm not talking about players from the original Sens team.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Need to read the requirements TSN stated for the list to understand the picks better

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Dumb to include original senators in the list. Their history is not recognized with the current rendition, what’s the point of including it here? It’s a mashup of two different franchises in my books

It was either that or Melnyk hires someone to go take down the Cup banners.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Um, Heatey played LW most of the time whereas Hossa and Stone played RW. Since they're going by position when making these teams, of course the two-time 50 goal scorer is going to be the top LW.
Would have loved to see Jaques actually try Hossa on left. But i see your point.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know McEchern played with Yashin and had that one monster year, but got to think we have a better option for LW on that line...

I mean, Hoffman, McArthur, and Tkachuk all scored less, but would they have if they were playing on Yashin's wing? idk... Might just be too early for Tkachuk, though if we're building a playoff team, I'd want him there.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Before that horrific injury, Arvedson was a hell of a defensive forward. Never got the recognition he deserved.

One of my favorite Sens.
100 percent agree he almost won the selke was an incredible two way winger. In a checking role he was the right choice, that injury was devastating.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I know McEchern played with Yashin and had that one monster year, but got to think we have a better option for LW on that line...

I mean, Hoffman, McArthur, and Tkachuk all scored less, but would they have if they were playing on Yashin's wing? idk... Might just be too early for Tkachuk, though if we're building a playoff team, I'd want him there.

Brady would have been a bold, sweet addition.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
100 percent agree he almost won the selke was an incredible two way winger. In a checking role he was the right choice, that injury was devastating.

I have fond memories of when Arvedson-Bonk-Hossa was Ottawa's third line. Just played so well together, eventually became the top line. They had everything.

And yeah Arvedson was never the same after that. Too bad. Could have had such a great career

Reactions: Sweatred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->