The All Things Sprong Containment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Even if he becomes a consistent 20-goal guy, that's still a much more valuable asset than a bottom 4 Dman who does nothing spectacularly. Over the past 3 season this team has only had a couple 20-goal guys besides 87, 71 and 81. We all know depth scoring is crucial.

Still to early too tell. But 30-40 goals from Sprong shouldn't be the barometer for if we lost the trade
On a team with our d and horny Kessel rust and Simon at rw, I just don't agree with you. And you're still allowing for sprong to improve but not Pettersson.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Riikola potentially could be playing over JJ tonight.

Sprong could’ve stayed here and eventually worked his way in the line-up. But we have Simon, Hornqvist, Kessel and Rust down the right side. Would you prefer we move one of them?

Moving Sprong while he still had value was smart management tbh. So he didn’t end up like Pooh.

Since you brought him up, what in your mind are significant differences between DP51 and Sprong's in Pittsburgh's developmental system?

Seems like 1 got plenty of opportunity despite poor/mediocre results while another got no such opportunity

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why are people willing to say sprong will be a top 6 scorer yet MP is just bottom pairing D man. D man take longer to develop, he's only a year older than sprong, also was drafted higher.

Because anything else doesn't suite their agenda.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I am not sure why people are mixing the not being thrilled with the limited opportunities Sprong got here, which most seem to agree with, with the trade return.

I wish Sprong got more time and opportunities.

I am overall happy with the return.

Why can't both be true?

Because the world we live in operates in extremes unfortunately.

Reactions: Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
See above. Or see the great plays he made when given chances, but was then summarily benched or refused time with a scoring center again.

Sad when you have to lie and make shit up to try and support a position. :shakehead

I've shown you multiple times that this is an outright falsehood... but I guess that doesn't matter as you continue to rant about it.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
What I find both curious and funny is that Pixie thumbed this up..... And I don't get the point of your post.

You learn to respect or disrespect certain posters opinions over the years, whether you agree with their opinion or not.

You loved plotnikov and sundqvist just like sprong and did not like the organizations handling of them. So it's no surprise you feel the same about sprong.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Most can see the relevancy... but I guess the obvious escapes you.

No I get it, some of you like to band together to try and bully people, and it works on many. Me, I could care less. Funny thing is, I have had the same opinions that I have had here at thousands of trips at bars. Never once has someone been snarky like you or a few others on here, not once.

I wonder why that is.......

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You learn to respect or disrespect certain posters opinions over the years, whether you agree with their opinion or not.

You loved plotnikov and sundqvist just like sprong and did not like the organizations handling of them. So it's no surprise you feel the same about sprong.

See above. I rarely attack the poster, always challenge the opinion. You and a few others can't say the same. Cheers to you.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If he regresses. If Sully wakes up one day and decides he's on his **** list. I don't know why does any player on this team get moved.

Well in the case of Sprong, because he wasn't playing, and when he was playing, he wasn't all that good.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Hornqvist and Rust would be who I go with.
geno doesn't want horny standing in front of the net (where horny is at his best). he wants him in the slot ready to one time the puck. also horny doesn't help geno between the blue lines by feeding him the puck. and much of the same reasons sid doesn't want to play with him.
rust; helps with the d-end but tends to play with blinders and is not much help feeding geno at center ice and in the o-zone.
neither are idealfor what geno likes/wants in a winger imo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'm guessing you're responding to Titor, who also had an obsession with Yakupov. He tends to cling on to flawed players and then blame the coaches/team when those guys inevitably flame out on their original teams (or in general).

Reactions: Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Pettersson is 22 and currently a bottom pairing defenseman. You know who else was like that Brian Dumoulin.

Actually, not even. Dumoulin was 24 when he played part of the RS and then in the POs vs the Rangers. Prior to that when he got games, it was clear his game wasn't ready yet.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
See above. I rarely attack the poster, always challenge the opinion. You and a few others can't say the same. Cheers to you.

Its not always the opinion, it's about being reasonable about your opinion. You post with an arrogance that assumes you're right and will always be right.

Presentation is everything. There's a lot of posters that I disagree with their opinions, but they present them in a reasonable manner.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
No I get it, some of you like to band together to try and bully people, and it works on many. Me, I could care less. Funny thing is, I have had the same opinions that I have had here at thousands of trips at bars. Never once has someone been snarky like you or a few others on here, not once.

I wonder why that is.......

Because at the bar, people have the option to just walk away and not have to hear someone's opinion after we've established they don't have a clue, are talking out of their ass and are generally annoying. Or we're just laughing at them, and it's not worth our time trying to correct them. Here we get to see it over and over and over - unless we put someone on ignore, in which case we get to see people replying to one's crappy opinion without seeing what the opinion was, which then leads them to remove said person from their ignore list. And to add to that, many of us are on HF while at work... which means I'm literally getting paid by the hour while reading and replying to comments here. So I have all the time in the world.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Because at the bar, people have the option to just walk away and not have to hear someone's opinion after we've established they don't have a clue, are talking out of their ass and are generally annoying. Or we're just laughing at them, and it's not worth our time trying to correct them. Here we get to see it over and over and over - unless we put someone on ignore, in which case we get to see people replying to one's crappy opinion without seeing what the opinion was, which then leads them to remove said person from their ignore list. And to add to that, many of us are on HF while at work... which means I'm literally getting paid by the hour while reading and replying to comments here. So I have all the time in the world.
I can't imagine your boss being happy in how you are spending your time on the job. Give me the number there so I can call him.:nod:;)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Its not always the opinion, it's about being reasonable about your opinion. You post with an arrogance that assumes you're right and will always be right.

Presentation is everything. There's a lot of posters that I disagree with their opinions, but they present them in a reasonable manner.
Yep this is it for me

Reactions: zero8771

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
According to your previous posts, that seems to be a new stance for you...

I have conviction, not arrogance, there's a huge difference. And again, I always will go after an opinion, others here make it personal. Which is fine, it is the internet. But I'm Italian, and I always hit back, which lands me into a lot trouble with the mods (who are always like professional sports refs that punish the person that responds).

My opinions have always left me as aloof, I hate group-think. Most people are comfortable fitting in, MOST. And yet most people don't see themselves as such. I have always stood out, I have always been the person to ask why when everybody else follows the leader. It's a choice and as such, I create a lot of enemies. I'm not complaining, I could easily agree with certain people on this board most of the time and get thousands of "attaboys"!!

I also don't disagree just to disagree. Look at the countless topics on this board that I ignore. I only comment when I have an interest and an educated opinion.

Happy hour starts now, take care!

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I have conviction, not arrogance, there's a huge difference. And again, I always will go after an opinion, others here make it personal. Which is fine, it is the internet. But I'm Italian, and I always hit back, which lands me into a lot trouble with the mods (who are always like professional sports refs that punish the person that responds).

My opinions have always left me as aloof, I hate group-think. Most people are comfortable fitting in, MOST. And yet most people don't see themselves as such. I have always stood out, I have always been the person to ask why when everybody else follows the leader. It's a choice and as such, I create a lot of enemies. I'm not complaining, I could easily agree with certain people on this board most of the time and get thousands of "attaboys"!!

I also don't disagree just to disagree. Look at the countless topics on this board that I ignore. I only comment when I have an interest and an educated opinion.

Happy hour starts now, take care!

Maybe but based on your past posts on similar players than end up being busts your conviction on this seems misplaced.

Enjoy your happy hour.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I can't imagine your boss being happy in how you are spending your time on the job. Give me the number there so I can call him.:nod:;)

All my work is completed as required, and done so in a very timely matter, and he's well aware of my current workload. It's just going to suck for me and how much "free" time I have when things change sometime in 2019.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Since you brought him up, what in your mind are significant differences between DP51 and Sprong's in Pittsburgh's developmental system?

Seems like 1 got plenty of opportunity despite poor/mediocre results while another got no such opportunity

I think it is obvious. Pouliot produced in a lesser role. Sprong did not. Also, our team will always want cheap depth on D. With the RW situation it simply wasn’t there for Sprong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->