The All Things Sprong Containment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Hey whaddya know a goal scorer who can aim the puck will score some goals every now and then if you play him with a center who isn't a total goober.

Not to mention he had 4 goals in the six games he was up with Sid last year..

Don’t really like ZAR as a player, but he clearly has outproduced Sprong when given the chance to jump up the line-up when here.

Nah. On balance, Sprong has been much more productive when playing with a scoring line center.

Reactions: BHD

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
f*** Sully, seriously. If our forwards have one injury we suddenly look like the Wheeling Nailers in the bottom six.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
That Sprong kid looks pretty good, two goals tonight. Could look good on the wing in the Pens top six. :sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
**** Sully, seriously. If our forwards have one injury we suddenly look like the Wheeling Nailers in the bottom six.
our bottom 6 is scoring more without Sprong than it did with him...we can either be upset that Sprong was wasted in the bottom 6, or we can complain that the bottom 6 sucks because we traded Sprong. But complaining about both is just dumb :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Mods can't wait to mediate this

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

Reactions: Jules Winnfield

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It seems Sprong can score goals when given the chance.

Who'd have thunk, what with his prodigious goal-scoring at every previous level and 2 goals in 8 games with Crosby as a 20 year old.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I hope the Pens win 5-4 in OT but he who shall not be named has 4 goals and does DX chops to Sully all night.
What about 3 goals, 1 assist & 1 fight ? Gets his first gordie howe.

To be fair this trade was 2 teams that traded their surplus for another teams surplus.
Pettersen wasn't gonna have much of a role here & Sprong wasn't gonna have much of a role in Pittsburgh. We suck at scoring & need a guy who can shoot & Pittsburgh needed more Dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->