The all star game

horner

May 22, 2007
Is anyone else embarrassed that they are highlighting our 67 Stanley Cup team.
Remind us of how bad we have been.
Could they not just have all our great players back hope they do something special for Salming .
Montreal has the ring of honor.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Could they not just have all our great players back hope they do something special for Salming .
What's the point of watching Hockey if you're embarrassed by the ultimate prize. Only you can let the hate in.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I mean, it is embarrassing that they havn't won since 67. That is the point I believe he was making.
That's how you let the world view it. Now there have been some sad and embarrassing seasons but lots of great memories that I won't let others take that away. Now I agree some teams have not put forth the effort level. I also don't for a minute think other teams don't come to play against us most nights. As well as every team trys to win in the playoffs. So to be beaten is only embarrassing if they didn't do their damned best. I also think adrenaline is a huge factor and that's one thing from a fans stand point we can do better. If everyone says you're going to fail you either do it yourself or you fail. Lot more successful story's of people with support. Plus there's no doubt about it 1967 brings the worst out in people looking to tear someone down to bring themselves up.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
That's how you let the world view it. Now there have been some sad and embarrassing seasons but lots of great memories that I won't let others take that away. Now I agree some teams have not put forth the effort level. I also don't for a minute think other teams don't come to play against us most nights. As well as every team trys to win in the playoffs. So to be beaten is only embarrassing if they didn't do their damned best. I also think adrenaline is a huge factor and that's one thing from a fans stand point we can do better. If everyone says you're going to fail you either do it yourself or you fail. Lot more successful story's of people with support. Plus there's no doubt about it 1967 brings the worst out in people looking to tear someone down to bring themselves up.
I agree!

I have enjoyed many moments in my years watching the Leafs. Including this era with this core.

It's never ended the way I hoped, but the ride has been enjoyable.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I agree!

I have enjoyed many moments in my years watching the Leafs. Including this era with this core.

It's never ended the way I hoped, but the ride has been enjoyable.
I just feel if you need the team to win the cup to not feel embarrassed by your favorite team you're watching for all the wrong reasons.

Money has taken alot of the players to fans integrity away and players leaving quickly compared to pre salary cap days. However just like that season in 93 with Gilmour was absolutely magic. Unfortunately he was getting old quick after he used his body like that and our lack of scouting and bad trades. To find proper support and new blood. But that's upper management not on the heart of the team.
Great now I'm off topic.
Ahhh the memories.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

horner

May 22, 2007
I mean, it is embarrassing that they havn't won since 67. That is the point I believe he was making.
All the media will be talking about is the years we havent won a cup .

What's the point of watching Hockey if you're embarrassed by the ultimate prize. Only you can let the hate in.
It's not hate where did you ever get that from

Iam proud of what that team accomplished

Last edited:
Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I just feel if you need the team to win the cup to not feel embarrassed by your favorite team you're watching for all the wrong reasons.

Money has taken alot of the players to fans integrity away and players leaving quickly compared to pre salary cap days. However just like that season in 93 with Gilmour was absolutely magic. Unfortunately he was getting old quick after he used his body like that and our lack of scouting and bad trades. To find proper support and new blood. But that's upper management not on the heart of the team.
Great now I'm off topic.
Ahhh the memories.
I am never embarrassed because I am not employed by the Leafs. I have zero say in what they do.

Reactions: Confucius

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm not even sure I can stomach watching it even with it being in T.O.

Most years I watch 10 minutes randomly and then turn it off and go do something else. I just hope our players don't do anything truly cringey or get injured and then get serious for the playoffs. All we need is Mo to take a puck to the face or something dumb and we are in trouble.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Salming's Night was the pinnacle of Toronto's otherwise modest to dreadful celebrations, writ large. It would be if they were equally as good. I suspect we'll never see anything as heartfelt again, short of those alumni still living, celebrating a championship with whatever modern team wins one.

But there's another way I've preferred over the years to regard our 1967 Cup, I suppose because it is/was before my time.

We might not have won since 1967, but even with a 57-year drought, we're the second most decorated club in the league.

A little embarrassed I suppose? But whenever that little lie creeps into one's mind, I think we reserve the right to be preferentially irate that Fraser never made that call.

Reactions: horner

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Be proud of your past accomplishments no matter how long ago they were. Don’t feel embarrassed others may be more successful than you.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Promo code is ALLSTARTHURSDAY for All Star Thursday tickets if anyone is interested, not sure if that gets a discount .

I'm sure there are a few that would like to head down and boo your favourite Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad