Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Vanilla...

The man, the myth, the legend!

When this first hit Youtube I had just hit level 60 and I had never been to UBRS, so I thought this was legit serious until he ran in at the end. :laugh:

Ulduar best raid ever. Technically and aesthetically. They got the hard modes right for one tier and then ****ed it all up.

I agree aesthetically but I did not like many of the boss fights which felt clunky in the mechanics. Mimiron was great. Siege was fun. Vezaxx was great. Auraya blew. The rest were meh to good. Algalon I never did.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Horde or Alliance? Or both?

I play Horde because my that's what my friends who got me into the game played. And I'm glad because Trolls > every other race imo. Though my main has been a Druid since Wrath so I had to be a cow until Cata. I have a few Alliance toons but I don't know anyone really who plays Alliance so it gets boring.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Horde, for about 3 years, alliance for one or so, then back to horde for the remaining years.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
If you don't know what you're doing as rogue then it's too hard. But I've only had problems if I pull too much off tank. Same problem happens as my Mage. I'll crit 2 or 3 times in a row and then comes the entire room at me.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Any one else pvp? or is every one pve?

I was pure PvP on my mage during Vanilla, I did Molten Core for my Mageblade and ToEP, and later ZG for those sweet loots, but that was it. Only managed to grind out LT. General (11/14), but rolled with the best premade Horde side. I made a rogue shortly thereafter and never looked back. I did a mix during BC and went straight PvE during WotLK. Was raid leader for my guild during Naxx content.

World PvP was always my soft spot. I didn't like the dynamic of arenas as much as I thought I would due to the rock scissors paper balance of comps in 2v2/3v3, assuming equally skilled players.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If you don't know what you're doing as rogue then it's too hard. But I've only had problems if I pull too much off tank. Same problem happens as my Mage. I'll crit 2 or 3 times in a row and then comes the entire room at me.

At this point in the game if you're pulling threat from a tank, he's probably not very good. The last time almost any DPS had to worry about threat management was probably the beginning of WotLK, and on specific encounters where there were threat resets, tank swapping, etc.

I haven't played the latest expansions, but every class revamp or new expansion they gave DPS classes more and more ways to drop threat or reset it altogether.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
At this point in the game if you're pulling threat from a tank, he's probably not very good. The last time almost any DPS had to worry about threat management was probably the beginning of WotLK, and on specific encounters where there were threat resets, tank swapping, etc.

I haven't played the latest expansions, but every class revamp or new expansion they gave DPS classes more and more ways to drop threat or reset it altogether.

God, I wish I had a threat drop. Always the first to die after the tanks go down :cry::cry::cry:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Is it weird that I want to still love WoW?

I'm really enjoying League of Legends, but I feel as if I should still enjoy WoW. That how much the game had an impact on me since Vanilla/tBC.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Right now I'm only playing NHL games and want to expand. Any suggestions? The themes can be anything, as long as it's a good game.

Still rocking the 360.

I have such a love/hate with the NHL series. Especially when the questionable AI suddenly becomes super human and dances around my defense as my goalie behaves like he belongs in the Special Olympics.

I too am on the 360, until someone gives me a reason to upgrade.

I've enjoyed:

The Fallout Series, especially 3

The Elder Scroll Series

The Batman Arkham Series

Red Dead Redemption

LA Noire

The Grand Theft Auto Series

NCAA Football

Madden

Midnight Club LA

Bioshock

WWE 2K14

Ghostbusters

The Dragon Age series

The Mass Effect Series

The Fable Series

Pirates! (actually a PC port releases for the orig. Xbox)

Civilization Revolution

It really depends on what you're into.

Do you want to lose yourself in an open world?
Are you into an epic story arch?
Do you want a diversion you can pick up and put down?
Do you want a long term investment?

Etc.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I have such a love/hate with the NHL series. Especially when the questionable AI suddenly becomes super human and dances around my defense as my goalie behaves like he belongs in the Special Olympics...

This is why I soured on the NHL series. The graphics are phenomenal, but the AI is still crappy, and the online play is as much about glitch goals as it's ever been since the "poor AI" on the Super Nintendo.

P.S. Are we the only people awake in Rangerstown® [5/10 7:02 AM]?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The challenge with sports games (aside from a lack of competition) is the continued focus on making things LOOK more realistic, but not actually BEHAVE more realistic.

This is very evident in the NHL series which has toyed with some many different additions, but yet struggles to include a large number of player faces or build an AI that understands more than the rudimentary concepts of NHL hockey.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
P.S. Are we the only people awake in Rangerstown® [5/10 7:02 AM]?

I never went to sleep. Having trouble these past few nights. I spent all day yesterday outside and enjoying a wine trail. I thought for sure I'd pass out. At this point I'm going to have to push on through the day and hope I can stay coherent until about 8:30 pm tomorrow, after the kids are asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->