OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part III

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Yeah baby! I hate handing money over to Blizzard but give me that shit ASAP. I'm glad they outsourced it and the interview they did with MrLlamaSC really solidified they are trying to keep things strictly cosmetic and small QoL changes to not ruin the gameplay.

Been trying to get back into the New World Alpha again as well now that the release is postponed, no luck yet though.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
People can sign up now to (hopefully) get in the alpha phase when that goes live. Think you just need a BNet account and then it can be done from D2 section on Blizzard's site.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I started playing Chel again. I'm reminded every single time how f***ing dumb it is but I always go back after a break because it's the only hockey experience.

I'm doing a Be-A-Pro.

The first issue is difficulty, and that's been an issue forever. I have a choice between being a 40 point player or a 140 point player. That's it. No matter how much I mess with the sliders, that's what I get. The issue for me is that they don't make the opponent better, they make your CPU teammates dumber. That's a very unpleasant way to play. I could be looking at a breakaway and not receive a pass, but then I'll get one when I have three guys are draped on me. And then I go back to the bench and hear about how it's my fault.

The other thing is the crapshoot simulation which renders franchise mode unplayable. Why bother building a team when it's random? It's the 21-22 season and three of the best teams in the league are Buffalo, San Jose, and Anaheim. What planet are we on? The last time I tried franchise, the Seattle 32's won the Cup in their first season and then finished dead last the following season.

And while I'm raving, why do we have Michael Arsene who is clearly a Lafreniere re-gen and actual Lafreniere getting taken with back-to-back picks? They needed to make a re-gen of a real prospect??

I'm done now and I feel better.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone tried Hitman 3? I’m on the fence.
I went for it and love it. First person shooters are fun for a bit but get old quickly. Hitman, in case you’re not familiar with it, is far more strategic — feels more like solving a puzzles. Highly recommend it!

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
@Tob I hope you were able to catch the Clem vs. Zest series at IEM Katowice 2021 today. :laugh:

Madness.

I didn't catch the Clem Zest series, I caught the Rogue Maru and Reynor Dark series. Going to watch the VOD of the two other series later but im gonna be annoyed watching those since TY and Clem lost but the Reynor Dark game 5 was my favorite today.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
So are we not going to talk about FF7 Remake Intergrade? Gonna have to rob some kid for his PS5 just for that.

I'm glad they're doing this because the long awaited remake happened to get uppercutted by the lockdown starting in March. Terrible timing but hopefully they get some good sales on the PS5.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I didn't catch the Clem Zest series, I caught the Rogue Maru and Reynor Dark series. Going to watch the VOD of the two other series later but im gonna be annoyed watching those since TY and Clem lost but the Reynor Dark game 5 was my favorite today.
PartinG and Zest today:

Cheese%2525201.jpg

Reactions: Tob

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m bummed it’s still so long until the next episode of remake comes out. Interested to hear more about XVI and also very curious about the new DPS class for XIV.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Chytil is a defenseman now.

This f***ing game...

There’s enough there to like... there’s just SO much that’s infuriating, the scales don’t balance. It’s thing that simply don’t have to be infuriating, but just are, and remain so year after year. The gameplay is far from perfect, but it could certainly be enough to satisfy as the only hockey out there, if it didn’t just make you want to use the game as a puck and take a run at Chara’s record.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There’s enough there to like... there’s just SO much that’s infuriating, the scales don’t balance. It’s thing that just don’t have to be infuriating, but just are, and remain so year after year. The gameplay is far from perfect, but it could certainly be enough to satisfy as the only hockey out there, if it didn’t just make you want to use the game as a puck and take a run at Chara’s record.
Exactly. The core is there for a good game but it's the little things that are irritating year after year. It's the only hockey game on the market and it shows. They put no effort into it.

Reactions: LokiDog

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
@Gardner McKay I might actually have to buy a PC just so I can play Diablo II: Resurrected.

It looks utterly incredible. Plus, they increased the stash size and introduced shared stashes.

upload_2021-4-9_19-8-12.jpeg
upload_2021-4-9_19-7-33.jpeg
upload_2021-4-9_19-10-13.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->