OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So Walmart is a client and apparently some of their stores are selling the TMNT arcade for $200.

Yeah, I think it’s time.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone with interesting HOI campaigns recently? Most recently, Germany, Finland and Switzerland conquered Europe, Africa and Asia, with Brazil owning the Americas.

Reactions: Nickmo82

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Anyone with interesting HOI campaigns recently? Most recently, Germany, Finland and Switzerland conquered Europe, Africa and Asia, with Brazil owning the Americas.

I'm not good at HOI. I think I prefer the EU nation management over battle lines and such in HOI.

On that note though, I successfully formed the Roman Empire as Aragon. Very proud of myself haha.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I'm not good at HOI. I think I prefer the EU nation management over battle lines and such in HOI.

On that note though, I successfully formed the Roman Empire as Aragon. Very proud of myself haha.
That’s pretty badass. Have you tried CK? I’ll admit I do enjoy managing the trenches (or blitzkrieg) haha.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
What the hell is up with PS Store?

I started my RDR 2 download this morning and its still not done.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
ROME TOTAL WAR

sorry, never contributed to this thread but had to interject.

Rome Total War is pretty much the best PC game of all time. Just recently got back into it.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Picked up a handful of games so far during Steam's winter sale (3 of which I've already refunded), one of which is Return of the Obra Dinn and..am I the only person not blown away by this game? 96% positive reviews on Steam, all I've ever heard is people ranting and raving about it. The art style is just not my cup of tea and really interferes with my enjoyment of whatever else is going on. I'm only maybe 30m-1h in, but it was a grueling 30m-1h of forcing myself to be interested.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA

Very much interested in both game’s but I don’t have it in me right now to commit to a game of that scale right now.

having said that, STELLARIS:nod:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For anyone interested in FF7 R news...

Demo is coming in January. Below is a video showing the official introduction to the game that was pulled from said demo. Additionally, dataminers have had a field day with what SE has posted to the PSN store and have pulled tons of information from the first game, including final boss, character info, missions, etc. I'm avoiding it all because it contains massive spoilers and even though it is a remake, there is a lot of new content.

The video doesn't contain any spoilers FYI.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I'm quite bummed that they dissected the FFVII remake into multiple releases.

The coming game covers only Midgard ... trying to milk this into eternity, eh?

Reactions: Ail

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm quite bummed that they dissected the FFVII remake into multiple releases.

The coming game covers only Midgard ... trying to milk this into eternity, eh?
I don't think so. There was so much that could have been done in the original game with respect to Midgar that wasn't due to the technological limitations of the PS1. Heck, there was a lot that was cut simply due to time/disc space constraints such as Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV.

With that being said, I think that applies to Midgar and Midgar only. There are a few areas of the game where I'm sure they could add a little bit extra here and there but nothing near what they are doing with Midgar. If they turn every 5-7 hour stretch into 40 hours, even the most die hard fans would likely stay away.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Imagine if they ever give Xenogears this FF7RM treatment, and actually polish up the end of the story? If you want to talk about an episodic game that would take about a decade to come to an end..

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Still holding out hope for an optional mode for the old/new battle system in FF7.

Still playing Grim Dawn, almost 500 hours in. This game has to be the best bang for your buck in an ARPG right now. Tons of content and replay value, varying degrees of difficulty. Not much to dislike.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Imagine if they ever give Xenogears this FF7RM treatment, and actually polish up the end of the story? If you want to talk about an episodic game that would take about a decade to come to an end..
I never got to finish Xenogears. I bought some crazy expensive item early in the game that OPed the white female Mecha lady, but at a later point in the game she was forced out of your party for a tough boss. And that was all she wrote for me.

The characters didn't stay with me as other FF characters at the time did but that could be because I never completed it

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Anyone play StarCraft II or a fan of the old school Mega Man and Final Fantasy games? Megaman 1-6 on NES was the shit when I was a kid in the 90s, and then Mega Man X was even more insanely amazing. Final Fantasy I would say IV (2 in the US) and VI (3 in the US) are the best, and then FF7 of course was fantastic, looking forward to the remake, and FF8 was very good too, but after that they lost me.

Reactions: Ail

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Anyone play StarCraft II or a fan of the old school Mega Man and Final Fantasy games? Megaman 1-6 on NES was the **** when I was a kid in the 90s, and then Mega Man X was even more insanely amazing. Final Fantasy I would say IV (2 in the US) and VI (3 in the US) are the best, and then FF7 of course was fantastic, looking forward to the remake, and FF8 was very good too, but after that they lost me.

I enjoyed 9, 10 and 12 a great deal, but everything since has been incredibly mediocre. If 13 and 15 had any other name on the box they wouldn't have sold well at all.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Anyone play StarCraft II or a fan of the old school Mega Man and Final Fantasy games? Megaman 1-6 on NES was the **** when I was a kid in the 90s, and then Mega Man X was even more insanely amazing. Final Fantasy I would say IV (2 in the US) and VI (3 in the US) are the best, and then FF7 of course was fantastic, looking forward to the remake, and FF8 was very good too, but after that they lost me.
You liked 7 and 8, but not 9? Pretty unusual, they generally go hand in hand with people's likes. I LOVED 8 (favorite game and love story of all time for me), 7 was awesome too, 9 was excellent, and for 10 it started going downhill for me. I couldn't invest myself fully in a MC who's voice is rumored to still not have reached puberty. I really wanted to. Better to skip VA altogether than to force us through that crap. 12 was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad