OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Anyone here play No Man's Sky? I've been interested in it for a while but I rarely feel good about shelling out money for games. Would be nice to hear impressions of it from a real person rather than a review.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Anyone here play No Man's Sky? I've been interested in it for a while but I rarely feel good about shelling out money for games. Would be nice to hear impressions of it from a real person rather than a review.

If you like to just be let loose and explore things and base building, go for it 100%. They have really made the game great through all the free content updates.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If you like to just be let loose and explore things and base building, go for it 100%. They have really made the game great through all the free content updates.
Thanks! I like the idea of being let loose to explore and all that, my only concern I guess is whether there's anything to keep it going after the novelty of it being new wears off? Is there a story or some kind of motivation to keep exploring after a while?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
RDR2 is the only game I can remember that the story elicited a big emotional response from me. Absolutely amazing story.
Only story to elicit an emotional response...? How long have you been gaming? I ask because I feel like older games, where graphics were important but not as much of a focal point, had more emphasis on character and plot development which allowed more emotional investment.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Only story to elicit an emotional response...? How long have you been gaming? I ask because I feel like older games, where graphics were important but not as much of a focal point, had more emphasis on character and plot development which allowed more emotional investment.

Since about 1997ish when I was 4 years old. And I did say big emotional response, like I legit teared up playing the ending. I'm not a robot lol.

Reactions: romba

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If you haven't tried Oculus Quest yet, do so. It's absolutely incredible, and Vader Immortal has been a really fun short-story game to play through on it. The new half-life looks like it'll be revolutionary with how much you'll be able to do in VR

Not a huge VR guy, it was one of those things as a kid I was always thinking it would be awesome, but now it's a bit unsettling. I don't like the idea of tricking your brain to that degree. Thanks for the recommendation though. I would definitely try this headset since it is standalone.

Has anyone tried the Steam VR headset? It looks ridiculous but $1000 for the full package, wew lad.

On another note I picked up Grim Dawn again after not playing it since it was in beta with 1 act, and wow they really polished this game nicely. Anyone looking for an ARPG to hold them over between PoE II and Diablo IV definitely play this. Get the two DLC expansions as well.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
RE3 remake officially announced, April 3, 2020 release date.

I'm so hype right now I might run through a wall.
I can’t remember if I played RE2 or 3 first, but I definitely remembering liking 3 more and being so confused a few years later when I found out a lot of people didn’t like it. I don’t really love the current trends of remaking/rebooting everything that has a name people recognize, but the RE2 remake was amazing and exactly how remakes should be handled, so I couldn’t be more excited for this one

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I can’t remember if I played RE2 or 3 first, but I definitely remembering liking 3 more and being so confused a few years later when I found out a lot of people didn’t like it. I don’t really love the current trends of remaking/rebooting everything that has a name people recognize, but the RE2 remake was amazing and exactly how remakes should be handled, so I couldn’t be more excited for this one
When Capcom remade RE1 years ago, they changed the game. To this day that's still one of the greatest games of all time, not just greatest remakes. RE2 remake was near perfect as well.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
When Capcom remade RE1 years ago, they changed the game. To this day that's still one of the greatest games of all time, not just greatest remakes. RE2 remake was near perfect as well.
Now I’m sitting here wondering if they’re going to remake Code Veronica (I could personally go without this one, but maybe a remake can elevate this one too) or RE4

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Now I’m sitting here wondering if they’re going to remake Code Veronica (I could personally go without this one, but maybe a remake can elevate this one too) or RE4
CVR is the one RE game I never finished, and it should be remade, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. RE4, imo, is perfect as is, and is on every system ever made at this point haha.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
CVR is the one RE game I never finished, and it should be remade, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. RE4, imo, is perfect as is, and is on every system ever made at this point haha.
I also couldn’t finish CVR, and I think I got a Dreamcast specifically to play it. And to me 4 is in a tier by itself high above the rest of the Resident Evil games, and I do agree it’s perfect as is, but then there’s that part of me that still really wants to know what they could do with it

Reactions: Berserk

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Finally put together..

06E1D5B7-6344-4F6F-AC46-0FC82FB5E39B.jpeg

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Alright, so I have been hemming and hawing on buying this for a month. I want your opinion.

It’s worth it. 400.00, you get the 2 classic games including turtles in time, and if you grew up with TMNT then yeah. I’m also a huge TMNT fan so may be a little biased lol.

took me an hour and a half to put together. Had my cousin help me. He is getting one also.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It’s worth it. 400.00, you get the 2 classic games including turtles in time, and if you grew up with TMNT then yeah. I’m also a huge TMNT fan so may be a little biased lol.

took me an hour and a half to put together. Had my cousin help me. He is getting one also.

Big TMNT fan, from the original comics, to the shows, onward. So there’s that appeal, and I grew up pumping quarters into the arcade game.

Really thinking of adding it to my home office.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big TMNT fan, from the original comics, to the shows, onward. So there’s that appeal, and I grew up pumping quarters into the arcade game.

Really thinking of adding it to my home office.

It is a nice size, not too big or too small and easy to move around. It’s not heavy. It is cool to play with other people. So when you have people over for like a party or something its a lot of fun.

BTW, I created a TMNT thread a few months ago on the Entertainment forum. There are a few regulars, should come say hello. We basically discuss the comics, games, series, movies, and etc.

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->