The All-Purpose Sven Baertschi Thread/ Sven Hype Train Re-launch

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Why bother :shakehead The point was not that we would trade Cammy and Backlund specifically for a top centre, but that we would trade something for a top centre to help develop our wingers. Good God.

JulianHopper*

Not really. He is a solid player but is probably the worst winger in the top 9. How does Sven's ice time reflect on Feaster its the coaches job to coach not the GM's.

He's being sat out to much for a young player and that's why the GM needs to make a decision and send him down to Abbotsford.

Even though Sven has his ups and downs you can't give up on him this soon.

I guess I would question how he's currently being handled by the Flames.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Byron is terrible and now he takes Baertschi's spot.

Byron wouldn't even have an NHL contract if he wasn't Feaster's player.

Hartley is killing this rebuild. People question whether the fan's have the patience for a rebuild, when in reality we should be questioning whether the organization has the patience.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Why bother :shakehead The point was not that we would trade Cammy and Backlund specifically for a top centre, but that we would trade something for a top centre to help develop our wingers. Good God.

Issue is that that was our highest ambition for the past 5 years or so, but as we've learned, it's about as easy as scratching your ear with your toe. Try it. Please.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He's being sat out to much for a young player and that's why the GM needs to make a decision and send him down to Abbotsford.

Even though Sven has his ups and downs you can't give up on him this soon.

I guess I would question how he's currently being handled by the Flames.

Who is giving up on him? He has sat out what 2 times his entire pro career so far? Even if he is sat tonight he is playing the majority of the time and playing an average of 14 and a half minutes. He has some holes in his game and clearly this what Hartley thinks he needs but no one is giving up on him.

JulianHopper*

You are seriously either overestimating what the expectations were for this season, and in particular for this road trip, or over-reacting to our play of late.

That's why there need to be changes, it's a rebuild and so far it appears to be getting worse with really not a whole lot to be optimistic about.

A high draft pick, do you want Feaster making that pick again? I don't think so, not for me anyways.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

The problem is we don't have the assets to get a player like that. We would have to move Sven+ or Monahan+ so whats the point?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's why there need to be changes, it's a rebuild and so far it appears to be getting worse with really not a whole lot to be optimistic about.

A high draft pick, do you want Feaster making that pick again? I don't think so, not for me anyways.

Yes 100% because it isn't Feaster its our management team and between Burke, Feaster, Weisbrod, etc I trust them very highly especially after their last top 10 pick.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013

Because he really blew it on that Monahan pick. :laugh:

I don't think you're cut out for a rebuild.

May 27, 2012
Earth

So you didn't want Feaster to pick Monahan?

JulianHopper*

So you didn't want Feaster to pick Monahan?

That's the thing, would he have picked Monahan had the Flames picked a couple spots higher?

I think the Flames were looking at Elias Lindholm after Jonathan Drouin and Aleksander Barkov.

I believe the Flames were thinking that Nathan MacKinnon would still be available.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
To be honest I can kind of understanding sitting Sven for Byron for the sole fact that a lineup with Sven and Byron is going to be tiny.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's the thing, would he have picked Monahan had the Flames picked a couple spots higher?

I think the Flames were looking at Elias Lindholm after Jonathan Drouin and Aleksander Barkov.

I believe the Flames were thinking that Nathan MacKinnon would still be available.

What?

It was well known leading up to the draft that the Flames were very high on Monahan.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Why not? Feaster's (scouts') drafting track record is exemplary.

And yeah, we went into a rebuild and got worse. That's the definition of a rebuild. We lost our two best d-men and second best centre to injury. I ask again, what were you expecting for this road trip?

JulianHopper*

Why not? Feaster's (scouts') drafting track record is exemplary.

And yeah, we went into a rebuild and got worse. That's the definition of a rebuild. We lost our two best d-men and second best centre to injury. I ask again, what were you expecting for this road trip?

It's just not this road trip but the way the season has been going.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
Monohan's a deadbeat...

18 years old and not even battling for the calder on one of the worst teams in the NHL
Hockey Canada isnt begging for him to center their top line at WJC
Hairline is Pathetic
#23??? who does he think he is Michael Jordan!? wrong sport bro

dont want another top 10 pick like him

trade him for an Oilers GM or something

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I would say that getting upset with the Flames management for the pick that you imagine they would have made is the hockey equivalent of a girl getting mad at her boyfriend for breaking up with her in a dream. :facepalm:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Monohan's a deadbeat...

18 years old and not even battling for the calder on one of the worst teams in the NHL
Hockey Canada isnt begging for him to center their top line at WJC
Hairline is Pathetic
#23??? who does he think he is Michael Jordan!? wrong sport bro

dont want another top 10 pick like him

trade him for an Oilers GM or something

:laugh::laugh: so good. Real question is how long will the Flames be searching for that elusive 1st line RWinger to play with Money

JulianHopper*

A week before the draft Colorado specifically said they were going to go with Mackinnon. So what you said makes no sense.

The point is that the Flames more than likely won't have picked Sean Monahan had any of the other players I mentioned been still available. It's all done now so.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

kanye-nod.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad