The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Lines, etc - Another day, another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dude, give it up. Kessel here trying to drive a line with fill-in linemates would be beyond hilariously pathetic. Unless you think he'd be with Geno on line one...neutering the **** out of that.

Give up on this crusade. You're going to be on the wrong side of history.

Ain't the case so far. Pens are dropping like flies and the PP is garbage.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ain't the case so far. Pens are dropping like flies and the PP is garbage.

And Kessel is a trash hockey player who's dragging down the Coyotes.

The Penguins miss 2017 Kessel, not 2019 Kessel. They're amazingly lucky they don't have 2019 Kessel anymore. 2019 Kessel can't even outscore Garland and Soderberg on his new team, and is a -14 on a team with a goal differential of +13.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
In an interview in the Athletic today with Rick Tocchet he speculates that Phil has got off to a poor start because - wait for it - he insisted on playing hurt. The streak is impressive and everything, but taking a few games off to heal instead of just muddling through and hurting your team for 10 is more important. I like Phil but I don't really see a scenario where we hold on to him that benefits us more than dealing him did.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I will forever love Kessel but this team is better by default without him. Even removing Chucky from the equation it was worth it. If POJ becomes a serviceable dman that's a massive win.

Kessel was dragging down Geno at the end as well as the rest of the team and not worth the hassle. Kessel seemingly has different priorities that didn't align with our team goals.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Guys, Kessel is a Coyotes player now and he is not walking through that door.

Forget about him and move on.

Speaking of players I'd look us to move on from... that 6M 4th liner sure looks bad ;)

Who is that? I honestly don't know who you're talking about here.

None of the Penguins overpaid players are 4th line caliber players outside of JJ, and he doesn't make $6 million.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Who is that? I honestly don't know who you're talking about here.

None of the Penguins overpaid players are 4th line caliber players outside of JJ, and he doesn't make $6 million.

I assume Guentzel as he's the only 6M forward. If so I agree, guy needs dropped asap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like that the fact that Schultz is stepping onto a pair with Marino shows that Letang got hurt again. If Letang wasn't injured, I think Schultz would go with Pettersson and whatever spare would be with Marino.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
While I do agree (now, but it took me some time to come to terms) that Kessel had to go, and we are probably better off without him, we absolutely desperately need someone like him for this lineup. Not just his offensive skills and his power-play prowess, but his iron mean streak. That thing that has made everybody turn on Kessel is exactly what we need more of with this team. Lineup reliability. We have none. Zero.

How are we ever to know if we can stack up with the Caps, Islanders and Bruins if we never play a single game with our A lineup?

JR needs to prioritize durability with his next 5 acquisitions, regardless of whether they are trades, free agents or the draft. Get players who can stick in the lineup, at least a little more than our current crop.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I feel like that the fact that Schultz is stepping onto a pair with Marino shows that Letang got hurt again. If Letang wasn't injured, I think Schultz would go with Pettersson and whatever spare would be with Marino.

Not necessarily letang was set to play with johnson. if they are both back next game the lineup is probably.

Johnson - Letang
Marino-Schultz
Pettersson-Ruhwedel

It actually makes a lot of sense that Schutlz is with Marino.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
It’s so hard to keep trap. Can someone confirm for me the players we were missing, as of last night :

sid, rust, hornqvist, bjug
Schultz, dumo

anyone else?

(and i know about JJ)

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Call me crazy but the best part of the Hornqvist 2017 winning SCF goal was Ellis getting rocked in the face by Rinne afterwards.
I watched that goal a hundred times and never saw Ellis getting the stick to the face until now :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad