The All Purpose Pens Off Day(s?) Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll take Makar over Le Orange Juice any day. He is already better defensive player than Tang ever was, which is position he is coincidentally payed to play. Tang was average at best his 1st 3 seasons in the league. Makar is a stud that Tang can only dream of playing like.

tenor.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll take Makar over Le Orange Juice any day. He is already better defensive player than Tang ever was, which is position he is coincidentally payed to play. Tang was average at best his 1st 3 seasons in the league. Makar is a stud that Tang can only dream of playing like.

Makar plays defense in what world?

You also realize Letang was in the SCF in his rookie season right? And then won a cup in sophomore season while playing top four minutes in the finals where he had 4 points in seven games.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Makar plays defense in what world?

You also realize Letang was in the SCF in his rookie season right? And then won a cup in sophomore season while playing top four minutes in the finals where he had 4 points in seven games.

Is that a testament to Letang being better than Makar or Sid and Geno being better than Mac and Landeskog?

giphy.gif

:razz:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Is that a testament to Letang being better than Makar or Sid and Geno being better than Mac and Landeskog?

giphy.gif

:razz:

I think we’ve seen enough of Letang to know his success isn’t based on Crosby and Malkin and using a defenseman’s progress as a young player under Therrien in 08 and 09 versus 2020 where every team had a 18-22 year old in their top four is a little silly.

I think everyone here would trade Letang straight up for Heiskanen, Makar or Jones given the age. But, in terms of heading into this playoffs? Letang is clearly a top five D in the league.

Reactions: KIRK

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
We haven't played for months, but as I touched on yesterday, this long break really should help our aging core. Letang included.

I mean yah, the thing that letang struggled with this year was having Jack johnson being his most common partner.

Everyone healthy means a 100% Dumo with Letang. Letang was getting zero help from JJ all year, making letang do all the puck movement.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
I think we’ve seen enough of Letang to know his success isn’t based on Crosby and Malkin and using a defenseman’s progress as a young player under Therrien in 08 and 09 versus 2020 where every team had a 18-22 year old in their top four is a little silly.

I think everyone here would trade Letang straight up for Heiskanen, Makar or Jones given the age. But, in terms of heading into this playoffs? Letang is clearly a top five D in the league.

You know, just because you put "clearly" it doesnt make your argument any more valid. I can say the same thing, but flip it around and say Letang is clearly not not 5 D in the league. It doesnt make my argument any more valid. And since you mentioned sophomore season, Tang was -7 with 33 points in 74 games. He was +1 in the playoffs. Compare that to Makar in his rookie season, where he is +12 and has 50 points in 57 games. Both averaged 21 min so throw that argument out the window. And since you love to throw fancy stats around, Makar had better Corsi, Fenwick and PDO than Tang in his sophomore season. Makar did have more offensive zone starts, so there is that as well (so that you dont say I left that out and am biased)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You know, just because you put "clearly" it doesnt make your argument any more valid. I can say the same thing, but flip it around and say Letang is clearly not not 5 D in the league. It doesnt make my argument any more valid. And since you mentioned sophomore season, Tang was -7 with 33 points in 74 games. He was +1 in the playoffs. Compare that to Makar in his rookie season, where he is +12 and has 50 points in 57 games. Both averaged 21 min so throw that argument out the window. And since you love to throw fancy stats around, Makar had better Corsi, Fenwick and PDO than Tang in his sophomore season. Makar did have more offensive zone starts, so there is that as well (so that you dont say I left that out and am biased)

Did Cale Makar have Sergei Gonchar on his team to compete for soft offensive minutes with?

Makar could potentially be a better defenseman than Letang. He is no way once right now. You could argue he is better offensively, but this team would be a disaster if you replaced Letang with Makar outside of the PP.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
DXv2hAl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad