The All Purpose Pens Off Day(s?) Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I never said it would be the smart thing to do. But I feel like he has often got the short end of the stick and will again.

Again I don't think it's the right move. I just don't see him sitting Bjugs or Mcann. Also this is all dependent if the season resumes and in what capacity. None of these guys are going to look the same they did 3 or 4 month after the stoppage.

Bleuger has been used more than any of our bottom six forwards at ES and PK and is Sullivan’s centerpiece for his heartthrob line.

McCann likely gets the seat before him easily.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I just don’t see how Bjugstad has a spot right now. And if he does, it certainly isn’t at the expense of the group of McCann, Blueger or Tanev. Any of the 3 would take away greatly from our speed, forechecking and most importantly the PK.

If Bjugstad is going to replace anyone, it will be ZAR as a 4th line winger. Honestly, I’d rather have ERod in the lineup before Bjugstad with this team is currently constructed.

Same it there is going to be a lot of interesting lineup choices to be made. We are going to have a decent entire 4th line on the bench either way.

Bjugs/ZAR - Erod - Lafferty

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Bleuger has been used more than any of our bottom six forwards at ES and PK and is Sullivan’s centerpiece for his heartthrob line.

McCann likely gets the seat before him easily.

Thats true, I hope Bjugs is the one out. It makes the most sense unless he has some resurrection in the time off. The forward depth will be crazy when they come back even with Simon hurt.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It's amazingly cute that so many think that the Pens will make it to when the 24 team playoffs start with a roster intact except for Simon.

Someone will will injure themselves opening a box of wine. Another will trip and hit themselves in the head with a television remote. And so on.

You get the picture.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
source.gif

Why are you hating on Dumo!?!?!

I think its a given that someone hurts themselves in the training camp before the season restarts. Hopefully its one of the midgets and not one of the core pieces.

Reactions: EightyOne

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I'm only 3/4 of the way through and it's already the best Crosby article I've read.

His linemates are - unsurprisingly - concise in how they break down his game and habits. He plays like he trains, with attention to detail and endless repetition. The "Score and Win" poster over his bed might be the most Crosbytron thing I've ever heard.

I know leaders in every sport are gonna be compared to Jordan especially after The Last Dance, but Crosby's like if Jordan was a good-natured kid from Nova Scotia.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm only 3/4 of the way through and it's already the best Crosby article I've read.

His linemates are - unsurprisingly - concise in how they break down his game and habits. He plays like he trains, with attention to detail and endless repetition. The "Score and Win" poster over his bed might be the most Crosbytron thing I've ever heard.

I know leaders in every sport are gonna be compared to Jordan especially after The Last Dance, but Crosby's like if Jordan was a good-natured kid from Nova Scotia.

For real. How spoiled are we that we get to watch a guy like Crosby for (hopefully) right around 20 years not only be a sublime talent but such a good human being, teammate and leader?

Then, just for good measure, toss another guy in the same vein on the same team for the same period of time in Geno.

Terrific article. Great find @ZeroPucksGiven

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For real. How spoiled are we that we get to watch a guy like Crosby for (hopefully) right around 20 years not only be a sublime talent but such a good human being, teammate and leader?

Then, just for good measure, toss another guy in the same vein on the same team for the same period of time in Geno.

It absolutely sets the tone for the whole organization.

Couldn't have asked for a better palette-cleanser after Jagr.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It absolutely sets the tone for the whole organization.

Couldn't have asked for a better palette-cleanser after Jagr.

Oh no doubt. In many ways that's his biggest contribution to the team. The Cups, scoring titles and other hardware and prestige are obviously terrific. But none of it happens, IMO, without Sid having a big hand in creating a culture of winning, hard work and dedication. It states it clearly several times in that article and it's something we've all known forever... if the captain is out there busting his ass in practice then why isn't everyone else?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everything takes second place to hockey for him. Even his love life which I think it will take his divorce from hockey to make her priority #1.

He might as well wear a simple wedding ring that is inscribed with "HOCKEY".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->