The All Purpose Off Day Thread |

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
They should get him in some games regardless.

Dumo - Letang
Oleksiak - Schultz
Maatta - Hunwick

Yeah I was expecting him to play a few games at least. Hopefully he can play like he did against the Caps last playoffs

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I am intrigued by this possibly leading to Brassard playing 1RW or 4C, if Sheahan finds his previous success with higher skilled linemates.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Might have to play in the postseason if we get an injury. Get him up to speed now.

If things are going well, that typically isn't Sully's mantra. He's loathe to make changes with a winning lineup

But once things go poorly (as they have been) he has his scapegoats. You could argue ANY of those 6 dmen could use a night off, but Ruh is the lowest on the totem pole (and cheapest) so there you have it

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If things are going well, that typically isn't Sully's mantra. He's loathe to make changes with a winning lineup

But once things go poorly (as they have been) he has his scapegoats. You could argue ANY of those 6 dmen could use a night off, but Ruh is the lowest on the totem pole (and cheapest) so there you have it

Not really? He has scratched plenty of players. No team is ever going to scratch Letang, but literally every single one of our other D has gotten scratched. Same thing with our forward group.

Let Sullivan lose a round before you start butchering him.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Not really? He has scratched plenty of players. No team is ever going to scratch Letang, but literally every single one of our other D has gotten scratched. Same thing with our forward group.

Let Sullivan lose a round before you start butchering him.

I said when things are going well he doesn't scratch players (he's no different than most coaches)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Very interesting.

The idea of the makeup call is there, but not nearly as often as I would have guessed. About a 11% chance of your team getting the next call if on the penalty kill if the call is a subjective penalty.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Very interesting.

The idea of the makeup call is there, but not nearly as often as I would have guessed. About a 11% chance of your team getting the next call if on the penalty kill if the call is a subjective penalty.

This doesn’t account for obvious missed calls though

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I remember that article. You never have to sell me on Horny. The guy was one of my fav non-Pens players for a while, you have no idea how high pitched of a girly scream I let out when I found out he was traded for.

Yeah I was pretty happy he was coming here. He’s turned into my favourite player in the game now that I get to enjoy watching him more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man, I resent Jooris not because it's Jooris, but because the Pens seriously think that's the only guy they should call up (no not advocating for just Sprong).

Yeah I was pretty happy he was coming here. He’s turned into my favourite player in the game now that I get to enjoy watching him more.
I can't even put into words how happy I was to see his extension getting done. Like, no words.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Man, I resent Jooris not because it's Jooris, but because the Pens seriously think that's the only guy they should call up (no not advocating for just Sprong).

I can't even put into words how happy I was to see his extension getting done. Like, no words.

What centre would you think they’d call up? He’s the only one in WBS with any real NHL experience and plays a hard, aggressive game. He has PK experience too. Seems like common sense to me. JR traded for him for depth and a better version of Rowney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad