Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Malkin upper body....

Well. Time to seee if we can find that next level people seems to think we have . If we dont, playoffs might be a real crunch depending on how long Malkin will be out for .

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Boy, everytime Geno cringes after a hit, you can bet he is injured and will not show up next few games. That hit/slash did not look all that bad, if thats what this is about

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm not expecting to see Geno back anytime soon.

Anyone who's followed the pens throughout Geno's career know his injuries start out day to day then he ends up being out for weeks.

I'l be happy if hes back for xmas.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
If Malkin is out, there is flat out no justification to not recalling Sprong. Absolutely none.

Yeah, now's the time. He's playing well and if that's an opening, might as well see what he has. And while he's my first choice, also wouldn't be opposed to DiPauli.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We really should call up Sprong. Are Rowney really a player to replace Genos production?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, now's the time. He's playing well and if that's an opening, might as well see what he has. And while he's my first choice, also wouldn't be opposed to DiPauli.

I think Di Pauli is semi-injured. Been practicing in no contact jersey the last 2 pracrices.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also, you have to remember that Malkin needs to go on IR for them to call up Sprong. If he's only out tomorrow, they can't put him on IR and then call up Sprong. That gives me a little bit of hope that Malkin is only going to be out for tomorrow and not longer.

Reactions: madinsomniac

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
We really should call up Sprong. Are Rowney really a player to replace Genos production?

Sprong now plays C?

Wish people would stop with the Sprong thing. There needs to be a couple injuries at Wing for him to even be considered

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
4th line today were mckegg - rowney - Reaves. Good luvk geting a goal there.

Archibald was on the 3rd. Would be Nice with Spring on the 3rd and archibald on the 4th.

But as someone said . If Rowney is off IR, and malkin is not put there, we dont have a spot for sprong

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The drop off with a star out sure is scary. Everyone warned of this. It's even worse cause it's coming true.

Maybe they pull it together as ragtag group of misfits though.

Shudder.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's a little early for Geno's annual 15-20 game trip to IR, but this was fairly predictable. If he's out anywhere near long term (more than a few games), they need to shuffle the deck and call up Sprong.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
don't forget the HBK magic started when Geno was injured and Sully made this line up, so here is to another unexpected gem...

I hope so. But honestly, we are probably going to see a trade if Malkin misses any amount of time versus our third line being anything, but a black hole.

Maybe Jake shows his worth as a center? That could be a solid development.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
4th line today were mckegg - rowney - Reaves. Good luvk geting a goal there.

Yikes, yeah that line makes me want to barf

If the 4th line prior to this was merely an abyss, this line is a full blown black hole

I was really excited to see Archi in his ideal role as 4th liner and Kuhn out. Now if Archi doesn't produce he'll probably get sent back to the press box with the storyline "well he was given an expanded opportunity and he didn't make the most of it". Which is BS bc the dude is someone you can match up against FOURTH liners, not much above that.

Sigh

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also, you have to remember that Malkin needs to go on IR for them to call up Sprong. If he's only out tomorrow, they can't put him on IR and then call up Sprong. That gives me a little bit of hope that Malkin is only going to be out for tomorrow and not longer.

The team needs to decide what to do with their extra forwards.

With Rowney now back and cleared for contact you have Rowney and Archibald waiting to rotate through the line-up.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Now management can finally see the repercussions of such a pathetic offseason. They lose Bones and Cullen and replace them with McKegg and Rowney and then subsequently Sheahan.

Let’s see how this works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad